S281 E vs. ZO6....who would win?

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
96Creeper said:
If The Saleen Was Faster, Then Why Would My Friends Pullied 03 Cobra Walk On One Like It Was Sitting Still,(have It On Video) Just A Thought To The Guy Who Said, "you Know The Saleens Are Rated At Rwhp" Thats Bullshit, Put On On A Dyno, I Bet They Make 430-440 Hp. Lol.. Ok, Ok, 460 Max.. Still Nice Car Though...

Here's a better question: why the hell would you capitalize the first letter of EVERY word?!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

UCBeau

no, he was trying to type in all capital letters because he is a retard, and the forum filters changed the letter to lower case

03CobraBro

Established Member
Are you sure the Saleen is rated at 550? I thought they were rated at 500hp and that was what they made closer to RWHP (500) which would mean it could make 550 crank hp, but I dont think they're rated at 550hp to begin with.

Also, while I love the new 427 Z06, and there is probably no doubt it is the superior car in general... Whats with shooting down the SOHC 4.6?? Since when did a bored out chevy small block become so exotic? :rollseyes

Last edited:

Svets96

Established Member
The new Z06 is sweet, but already its overrated. Soon as you tell a GM guy that a Ford will smoke a chevy they're all over you, and it keeps going back and forth. The corvette shouldn't even be compared to the mustang. Why don't you pair up a new GT up against the Z06 and see what happens.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
kball83 said:
Exactly......I would chose the ZO6 over the GT any day of the week.

I wouldn't, for one reason: Prestige. You're going to get a lot more heads turning and oooh and aahhing out of a Ford GT then a Z06. Trust me, we had a Ford GT at the local car meet Saturday night and guys were constantly asking him questions and admiring his car...and the 3 or 4 z06's were afterthoughts.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Even though the Z06 can hang with the GT and I love both cars... The GT is still much more exotic and exclusive (Mid engine over front anyday). If you are going to turn down the Ford GT then you'ed probably turn down a Lambo Gallardo and the Ferrari 430 for a Z06 as well and thats something I wouldnt do either. In 10 years I'm going to bet GM will still have a Super Corvette of some sort, providing GM doesnt go under, but there wont be another Ford GT, atleast not anytime in the remote future, assuming Ford is still around.

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
Comparing the new Z06 to Saleen's old king, the S-351, I think it bests it, from the best times I've seen (magazine and internet only). So I'm thinking it will also take the new S-281E in a straight line as well. My .02.

Had a new GT throw a rev at me in downtown La Jolla. It was sliver with a black stripe. Very nice car. I ended up parking next to a Ferrari 550, black. There's some money in that area.

Users who are viewing this thread