500 lb-ft
Curb Weight 3550 lbs
MSRP $65k

2006 Corvette ZO6
500 Hp
500 lb-ft
Curb Weight 3130 lbs
MSRP $65K

Who do you think would come out the victor-1/4 mile, road course, etc.? If you could have one, which one?

Last edited by a moderator:

lxfiveoh

Established Member
Z06, the new stang needs to loose a few pounds before it could compete IMO

tony281sc2

Established Member
lxfiveoh said:
Z06, the new stang needs to loose a few pounds before it could compete IMO

Agreed. The Z06's power to weight ratio is a little bit better than the Saleens. I still like the Saleen a lot more though.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Z06 in both 1/4 mile and road course

BrokeUoff

Banned
kball83 said:
2006 S281 E
550 HP
500 lb-ft
Curb Weight 3550 lbs
MSRP $65k

2006 Corvette ZO6
500 Hp
500 lb-ft
Curb Weight 3130 lbs
MSRP $65K
QUOTE]

there's your answer there.

Also, 3.42 gears with a 7000 rpm redline doesn't hurt, either.

shocker 420

Established Member
I'm going with the saleen. But that's because I talked to a guy from saleen at the detorit auto show about the new extreme. I was surprised what he said... You guys do know that saleens horsepower numbers are in rwhp, right?(ofcourse the numbers are going to very tho from climate to climate, and all that other good stuff)

96Creeper

Featured Rcoupe
Established Member
If The Saleen Was Faster, Then Why Would My Friends Pullied 03 Cobra Walk On One Like It Was Sitting Still,(have It On Video) Just A Thought To The Guy Who Said, "you Know The Saleens Are Rated At Rwhp" Thats Bullshit, Put On On A Dyno, I Bet They Make 430-440 Hp. Lol.. Ok, Ok, 460 Max.. Still Nice Car Though...

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
96Creeper said:
If The Saleen Was Faster, Then Why Would My Friends Pullied 03 Cobra Walk On One Like It Was Sitting Still,(have It On Video) Just A Thought To The Guy Who Said, "you Know The Saleens Are Rated At Rwhp" Thats Bullshit, Put On On A Dyno, I Bet They Make 430-440 Hp. Lol.. Ok, Ok, 460 Max.. Still Nice Car Though...
I want to see this vid.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The z06 will be considerably faster in all aspects, but with a few bolt-ons the E should be pretty quick. Are these even available yet? It's kinda of hard to compare a car that has no official #'s.

autobyte.com said:
The S281-E contains a forged steel crankshaft and connecting rods, forged aluminum pistons, and special aluminum cylinder heads with unique valve springs and performance camshafts. The result is an engine with a higher redline and more power.

Then Saleen installs a twin-screw supercharger to blow the horsepower and torque ratings into the stratosphere. With all this firepower on board, Saleen claims that the S281-E will run to 60 mph in about 4.5 seconds and can blaze the quarter mile in 12.1 seconds at 117 mph. Other engine modifications include a Saleen PowerFlash performance engine management system, a variable design muffler system that reduces engine backpressure while creating an intoxicating wail at speed, and a free-flow air cleaner.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
shocker 420 said:
I'm going with the saleen. But that's because I talked to a guy from saleen at the detorit auto show about the new extreme. I was surprised what he said... You guys do know that saleens horsepower numbers are in rwhp, right?(ofcourse the numbers are going to very tho from climate to climate, and all that other good stuff)

ummmm, no, the Saleen hp numbers are not at the rear wheels.. they are NET hp.. which is at the flywheel, all accessories on the engine and spinning,(but not under load) with stock intake and stock full exhaust, in the factory tune..

(this is vice the gross hp figures used before 1972, that was also at the flywheel, but no accessories, open exhaust, open intake and in a state of tune, that will make the most hp, but not what you'd find on the street)

96Creeper

Featured Rcoupe
Established Member
There Is Already Video Clips Of The 06 Zo6 Running The Quarter Mile, Very Sick, Running Like 11.8 Or Something Like That At 127mph Very Sick, Ls7 Is Nasty,

Users who are viewing this thread