S10 corvette swap

flip_86

Established Member
A co worker has a 50's Chevy pickup, an s10 (unknown year) and a burnt 04 vette. He wants to put the 50's body on the s10 frame and use everything else from the vette. It didn't occure to him that the corvette trans is part of the diff and the torque tube deal.

I suggested finding a t56 from an f body but he's insisting on using the corvette transmission. The only way I can see this working without spending a ton of money is to back half the s10 chassis and weld in what's needed to fit the transaxle and suspension. I'm sure this has been done before. Any ideas? Links?
Thanks

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
In for links, pics, oh boy oh boy

I've always liked the idea of putting a big v8 in to a small truck. I have dreams of dropping a Lightning motor in to a Ranger

There's a 1998 - 2000ish Ranger that drives around the Clearwater, FL area (yellow or orange, can't remember) that has a 427 in it. Sounds mean but I haven't been able to get the guy to get on it the few times I've seen him

Had to look up the SVT Bolt concept again, jeez I wish they made this thing...
lightningbolt2.jpg

163-0406-02l%2B2004-ford-svt-lightning-bolt-ranger-prototype%2Brear-right-view.jpg

lightningbolt_intro.jpg

163_0406_06z-2004_ford_svt_lightning_bolt_ranger_prototype-top_engine_view.jpg

Last edited:

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
A co worker has a 50's Chevy pickup, an s10 (unknown year) and a burnt 04 vette. He wants to put the 50's body on the s10 frame and use everything else from the vette. It didn't occure to him that the corvette trans is part of the diff and the torque tube deal.

I suggested finding a t56 from an f body but he's insisting on using the corvette transmission. The only way I can see this working without spending a ton of money is to back half the s10 chassis and weld in what's needed to fit the transaxle and suspension. I'm sure this has been done before. Any ideas? Links?
Thanks

That guy lives by me. It's on slicks and skinny set up now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
That guy lives by me. It's on slicks and skinny set up now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You mean to quote my post?

If you are who I think you are, how's the 01? Last I heard you were doing an eaton swap

sent from my phone with two hands while driving with my knee

webby092

Established Member
My dad and I have done a few V8 S-10 swaps. Had a TPI 355 92 S-10, and the last one we did was an 01 Xtreme with a Vortec series 350.

Attachments

• Picture026-1.JPG
    Picture026-1.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 223

flip_86

Established Member
Fitting the motor won't be an issue, motor mounts and headers are available. Just looking for ideas on getting the trans/diff and rear suspension in

lastcall190

Established Member
Why is he insistent on using the corvette trans?

EDIT: I realize this doesn't answer a single ****ing question you asked, sorry. Regardless, now I'm just curious why he wants the 'vette trans in there so bad. Weight distribution maybe?

flip_86

Established Member
I can't answer that, I don't understand it my self. Getting a regular t56 and bolting it to the back of the motor would make this significantly easier.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Work with a guy with a regular cab Colorado xtreme. That thing looks like a prime 5.3 swap candidate

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Actually I agree. Local guy here a S10 with a old 427 tri power in it. Bad ass little truck.
Any more info on that 427 powered S10? I'd love more info if it's available. That's a really neat truck. As would be a Boss 429 powered Lightning. Back on the home front, here's a 427 powered '93 Lightning. :)
upload_2017-4-29_11-9-35.png

Users who are viewing this thread