S1 Sequential for T56

oldmodman

Established Member
Everything is price dependent.

but I will say for anyone that has never been able to drive a car with a sequential gear box, it is a whole lotta fun.

But the most fun I ever had manually yanking a lever to shift was in a car with a Lenco. I can't describe what it feel like to pull a separate lever for each gear, and never having to lift.

Horrible to use on the street, but an incredible experience anyway. I wonder how fast you will be able to pull shift with this sequential when it is all dialed in.

gabe1530

Banned
for all those wondering about price, i found this on s1sequential.com

"5, How much will it cost ?

We don’t want give approximations the price will be released when its final but im sure if you look at other similar products or other products with 20 cnc parts made in relatively small runs you will get an approximate idea Dont get your hopes up on it being $600 . The shifter has been designed to be the best it can i could redesign it to be cheaper how ever it would be much less efficient ( longer lever travel with more force required ) bigger , heavier , less reliable and i dont see the point in this especially on the reliability front , there’s no value in something that doesn’t work is there ."

SlowSVT

Established Member
On a drag racer this would make more sense you will always go into the right gear. On a road car sometimes you want to drop 2 or 3 gears I would not want to have to ratchet thru each gear to get there (reminds me of the Slap Stick shifter in my old Challenger with twice the gears). This makes the tranny shift like motorcycle where you should clutch thru each gear change. I'll prefer the double H pattern. Cool gizmo, should be interesting to see how this shifter performs out in the field.

nix5o

Established Member
Have you ever watched the in car video on a road racer? Most of them have a set up like this.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
On the site if you click on the tab " Questions people ask" number five is, how much will it cost. It says don't get your hopes up on it being $600. ha ha

I'm not sure my car would survive it, looks like way to much fun, I'd think I was on some road coarse all the time.

Tractionless1

Established Member
On a drag racer this would make more sense you will always go into the right gear. On a road car sometimes you want to drop 2 or 3 gears I would not want to have to ratchet thru each gear to get there (reminds me of the Slap Stick shifter in my old Challenger with twice the gears). This makes the tranny shift like motorcycle where you should clutch thru each gear change. I'll prefer the double H pattern. Cool gizmo, should be interesting to see how this shifter performs out in the field.

No problem for me. I road race motorcycles as well as street ride and we have to go through every gear every time. When doing in a straight line, it can be very fast.

Bigc6428

Established Member
am I the only one who questions how this will work at 6500+ rpm I know I can shift quick as hell sitting with the engine off but that 2-3 at the strip at 6800 still gets me sometimes! I don't think it is the gates that get me it is something internal that locks us out.

bubblehead93

Established Member
Other than the novelty of it, I think you need to have a faceplated tranmission (at least for 3rd and 4th) to really untap the potential of these shifters... a triple cone setup might get you close... its on my list of things to do for my cobra, to get 3rd and 4th faceplated...

Users who are viewing this thread