S1 Sequential for T56

Tractionless1

Established Member
As I posted in your other thread, unless you are faceplated/dogringed it's not really an advantage...

Ever try hitting 3rd perfect in an OE T56? Takes alot of GD practice which takes time. I'd prefer to go fast now! Not to mention all of the newer sports cars out with seamless trannies, we need all the help we can get. No I'm not going auto.

Interested in cost as tranny has to come out for an RXT in the near future anyway. I'll be the guinea pig so long as they pay for a new trans. if this device blows it up.

MGC

Established Member
My point was you still have to clutch in/out on every shift so I don't see it being faster than a standard h pattern.

bubblehead93

Established Member
I think you will be sticker shocked at the cost...

Pfitzner out of Australia offers a sequential shift setup for the T56... it is a helical cut/dog ring complete-setup, shafts, gears, etc... all six gears either to maintain an overdrive or with sixth gear as the final 1:1 drive... from their price list, for everything sans the sequential shifter is about $9300, the sequential shift package is a little over $15000... they have some pictures of the shifter setup... at the end of the day, these are all high end racing pieces for sustained high horsepower applications (so that you don't break on race day)... likely too rich for the average guy for a weekend track car...

I have been eyeballing the 1-4 helical cut/dog-ring setup for racing purposes... leaves 5th and 6th stock, their input shaft, gears, and dog rings... but its about $6000 USD... it includes chromoly 1-2 and 3-4 shift forks in addition to the normal piece parts you would expect... it is a sweet setup if you want to row your own gears... price tag... ouch...

MGC

Established Member
^^^ I'd rather go with a jerico and a renagate sequential shifter, probably the cheapest option for someone looking for something like this.

bubblehead93

Established Member
don't disagree, but a new gear set inside a stock or modified case fits in the existing footprint vice having to hack things apart for a jerico, liberty, gforce, or other clutched or clutchless setup with sequential shifter is attractive... at the end of the day I think I'm going to end up with a helical cut/dog ring 1-4 setup in my T56... quite a few options here with price ranges between $3500 to $6300 for all the pieces, installing myself... I think the Pfitzner setup is a cadillac system as it also includes upgraded shift forks and input shaft differentiating itself from other dog ring setups...

bubblehead93

Established Member
done hijacking the thread, don't think I'll end up with a sequential shifter though... cost versus gain... but interested to see the price tag on this unit...

stangfreak

Established Member
Ever try hitting 3rd perfect in an OE T56? Takes alot of GD practice which takes time. I'd prefer to go fast now! Not to mention all of the newer sports cars out with seamless trannies, we need all the help we can get. No I'm not going auto.

Interested in cost as tranny has to come out for an RXT in the near future anyway. I'll be the guinea pig so long as they pay for a new trans. if this device blows it up.

This.

Im assuming you still have to use the clutch pedal for this setup?

stangfreak

Established Member
I think you will be sticker shocked at the cost...

Pfitzner out of Australia offers a sequential shift setup for the T56... it is a helical cut/dog ring complete-setup, shafts, gears, etc... all six gears either to maintain an overdrive or with sixth gear as the final 1:1 drive... from their price list, for everything sans the sequential shifter is about $9300, the sequential shift package is a little over $15000... they have some pictures of the shifter setup... at the end of the day, these are all high end racing pieces for sustained high horsepower applications (so that you don't break on race day)... likely too rich for the average guy for a weekend track car...

I have been eyeballing the 1-4 helical cut/dog-ring setup for racing purposes... leaves 5th and 6th stock, their input shaft, gears, and dog rings... but its about $6000 USD... it includes chromoly 1-2 and 3-4 shift forks in addition to the normal piece parts you would expect... it is a sweet setup if you want to row your own gears... price tag... ouch...

whitevenom on here has the one from australia. I think he sold it. I saw it in person

bubblehead93

Established Member
pfitzner advertises it as a no-clutch shift but it is not a true clutchless transmission like a jerico or liberty... hence the chromoly shift forks and such... clutch assisted may be a better way to describe it... going down the 1/4 I would try it without the clutch... given the engineering of their dog rings, they have done all they can to enable shifting it without the clutch... may want a spare case kicking around... I would be interested in what whitevenom had to say...

akeohan

Established Member
Wow, that’s cool and interested as anyone else, let’s see this in action and prices!

Users who are viewing this thread