RX8's, WTF are they really thinking...

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Not getting into this pissing match, but...

50 BMG: with your ported eaton, does your 100 octane tune just advance the timing? I thought the eatons were already flowing about the maximum potential at ~500rwhp without heating the air too much, give or take.

jasil

Established Member
50 BMG said:
Cliff notes version: RX8 goes down hard, wha'd you expect :shrug:

Went out to Pavillions last night to hand a couple of "high power imports" their ass after some extensive shit talking on a local Phoenix board. Of course all the fast cars (the imports ;-) ) never showed up.

So I'm at a stoplight last night on the way home from Pavillions. An Rx8 comes up to the right of me (middle lane) and stops next to me. Didn't even look over at him, waste of time. Light is red for about 30 seconds and I know he can hear my car idling loud as hell. We both had a car in front of us. Light turns green and the guy in the far light lane takes off rather quick, so the Rx8 makes his move over there and I knew it was on. Once clear he slingshots back into the middle lane and floors it. I'm taking my time to make sure I don't cut anyone off. Make it into the middle lane about 4 seconds after the RX8 did and just floor the damn thing in second gear. Rocket past this clown (who is still under full accleration lol) about 4 or 5 seconds after I get into the middle lane and slam on the brakes. Wait till he catches back up and just look at him laughing.

We come up to the next light and he gets in the left turn lane, I get right behind him. Takes off super quick through the turn when the green arrow comes up (must have been trying to impress me with his ~2800 lb handling dream). I'm right on his ass and could have easily passed his junk through the turn; naptime for the full Kenny Brown IRS setup etc. in my car but didn't want to risk an accident with this fool. About 300 feet in front of us was a cop though, so that ended all the fun. Turned right ASAP and went on my merry way.

At least I salvaged an import kill for the night :pepper:

Why do you write like that? It's really annoying it's obvious that you are trying too hard. Be safe!

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
SLVRF16 said:
Where is it that I'm speaking about my friend's cobra?

How it started:

SLVRF16 said:
3) My friend (with the Cobra) took me over 130mph in mere seconds, but then had to brake hard.. the weight went all over the place when the steering moved from side to side. Try going full throttle through a series of cones and see how much the rear end lags behind your steering inputs.

My direct response to above:

50 bmg said:
Thats called crap suspension in comparison to the rest of his modified car and/or driver skill.

Your direct response to above:

SLVRF16 said:
But that would also mean you are admitting that the Cobra comes with crappy stock suspension.

You were talking about your friends cobra, and based on the wording of your last response it sure as hell looks like you're saying he has a stock suspension...and we've already established the fact I haven't been talking about stock cobra suspensions.

astrocreep96 said:
50 BMG: with your ported eaton, does your 100 octane tune just advance the timing? I thought the eatons were already flowing about the maximum potential at ~500rwhp without heating the air too much, give or take.

On a stock longblock + full bolt-ons, 11.7 A/F, 19* timing and 91 octane (a standard procedure combo and tune) 500 or so is what they put down on 17 PSI pulley combo. Ignoring the outliers, thats about the limit with that setup and tune.

Get a VT 324 in the car or equivalent and it obvisouly all changes. IIRC Armando was creeping away from 600 rwhp whipples on his VT 324 with an unported eaton, 2.8 upper only. He was seeing 7 or 8 PSI boost cause of how well the engine flows.

The 100 octane tune is basically just an advance in timing. On my 2.93/6 combo, my boost level goes from 16 PSI at 4000 RPM's or so to 12.5 or so PSI at 6500 RPM's. I should put a 8lb lower on my car (it's always had the 6) and throw it on the dyno on the 100 octane tune. I want to see how close I can get to JDM's 2 year old 600/600 ported eaton + cams (no spray) record before I tear it apart.

jasil said:
Why do you write like that?

Because you don't.

Must be all that learnin from them there schools I've spent over 20 years of me life in... :loser:

jasil said:
It's really annoying it's obvious that you are trying too hard.

Trying too hard to what...actually give a shit what you think?

Based on the fact you took the time to write that dribble, I think you're trying too hard to be a prick :shrug:

Last edited:

Wintermute

Banned
jasil said:
Why do you write like that? It's really annoying it's obvious that you are trying too hard. Be safe!

WTF are you talking about ? It was concise, realistic, enough flair and pace to maintain the reader. . .

:poke:

Users who are viewing this thread