RX7 Crashes into GTR at the Strip TX2k15

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
In the old days a guy lost it on some oil at the top end of the track and rolled his car.... He walked away. But the car was destroyed, rumor was he paid tow truck driver 1k to lose the car somewhere... And claimed it stolen.... Rumor had it any way....

Zemedici

Established Member
That's the same gtr that almost got taken out by the vette on the highway. He's having a bad time at tx2k15 it seems

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
you-still-owe-me-a-10-second-car_zps5fwwyn7v.gif

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, what a shame! Stuff happens unfortunately, on and off the track. He must have tossed his helmet 100 yards. LOL. If he has to absorb the cost, that is HUGE!

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Man that was a wierd accident as well. What happen to the RX7 ? It looks like he just locked up or something......At that speed no way to avoid it. EVen if he would have kept going, the RX7 would have clipped his rear.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
You can insure your car for the track, so technically insurance will cover a crash. Was he insured? Who knows?

Most insurance covers practice. But do not cover competition events.

Correct...Insurance does not cover speed contests. They cover HPDEs as they have instructional value...but no coverage for an actual race.

It used to be that policy wording on auto policies was such that you would be covered in educational style events like an HPDE. Anything times however became competitive and was not covered. More recently, insurers have adopted "racing surface" wording which pretty much precludes any coverage if your car is on a race track, regardless of what you're doing.

Now there are companies that provide coverage for racing and lapping events, both drag, auto-x and road course.

Each season if I know I'm going to be doing lapping events, I choose the ones I want, then purchase a policy for those events through Lockton.

http://locktonmotorsports.com/product/hpde-insurance

byeofcr

Established Member
Ugh..rotary's/rx-7's, i have never been to a track and seen one make a single solitary clean ****ing pass.. just loud as **** usually stuffed in an old corolla shell.. loud annoying 45 second burnout, launch, loud noise, lose traction, more loud noise, crash.. or.. loud noise, launch, bang @ half track, silence, dragging oil down track. never fails.

but im glad no one was hurt but his helmet.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Looking at it again, if the GT-R driver stays in it, there is about a 99% chance he avoids being cut off.

mr2cam

Established Member
You can insure your car for the track, so technically insurance will cover a crash. Was he insured? Who knows?

Dusten you are correct, one of the owners of our local 1/8th mile had insurance on all 7 of his cars, it was special drag racing insurance.

LGHTEMUP

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I have a front bumper cover for him....an I do but that does suck..if you want to make an insurance claim get it towed off the track to your house then tell them you hit a guardrail and it is back at your house..tell them you aaa towed it and no tow bill..insurance companies always pay for stupid..i know I am an insurance adjuster...

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have a front bumper cover for him....an I do but that does suck..if you want to make an insurance claim get it towed off the track to your house then tell them you hit a guardrail and it is back at your house..tell them you aaa towed it and no tow bill..insurance companies always pay for stupid..i know I am an insurance adjuster...

Running the risk of them seeming this video and hitting you for insurance fraud is not a gamble I would be willing to take.

Users who are viewing this thread