RX7 Crashes into GTR at the Strip TX2k15

SVT_Cobra_

Established Member
This is my fear anytime I take my car to the track. However, you can purchase insurance for these types of events. I called my insurance company and they referred me to a company that specializes in race events. For a weekend at the track it was going to be about 700 dollars to insure my vehicle....

musclefan21

Established Member
How about a little stiuational awareness? Rx7 lost it and the gtr had plenty of time to shut er down, but he kept at it next to an unstable car.

LGHTEMUP

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Running the risk of them seeming this video and hitting you for insurance fraud is not a gamble I would be willing to take.

their is insurance fraud in almost every claim I handle a lot of that and I do research on claims to prove the owners have committed fraud...but insurance companies will always pay for stupid...believe I know first hand...some get away with it others do not it all depends..

BV600

Established Member
How about a little stiuational awareness? Rx7 lost it and the gtr had plenty of time to shut er down, but he kept at it next to an unstable car.

Agree, seems like he could have gotten out of it and jumped on the brakes

Bud

Established Member
This is a local guy unfortunately and word floating around is, totaled. Guessing GTR parts aren't cheap and add up fast.

I had on track racing insurance for my car last year and will again this season. It really wasn't that bad. $900 for a years coverage valued at 50K with a 5k deductible good down to 7.90's for ET. Well worth it in my eyes. Try to suggest it wherever I can so people don't end up in this situation. I couldn't afford to rebuild back to where I am today for many years if I wrecked hard, insurance would help me get started again.

94_Vert

Established Member
I'm guessing he just came to the conclusion that he will be making payments on a wrecked car for 4-5 years. Ouch, although if you can afford a GTR, maybe you can afford to fix one.

01GTB

Established Member
This is a local guy unfortunately and word floating around is, totaled. Guessing GTR parts aren't cheap and add up fast.

I had on track racing insurance for my car last year and will again this season. It really wasn't that bad. $900 for a years coverage valued at 50K with a 5k deductible good down to 7.90's for ET. Well worth it in my eyes. Try to suggest it wherever I can so people don't end up in this situation. I couldn't afford to rebuild back to where I am today for many years if I wrecked hard, insurance would help me get started again.

Who did you get the insurance through? I figured it would be double that.

Bud

Established Member
I'm guessing he just came to the conclusion that he will be making payments on a wrecked car for 4-5 years. Ouch, although if you can afford a GTR, maybe you can afford to fix one.

Pretty sure the guy owned it outright

Who did you get the insurance through? I figured it would be double that.

It was through hartland insurance group last season. I'll probably be going through Lutz over on the bullet this season.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member

Agree, seems like he could have gotten out of it and jumped on the brakes

Are you guys color blind? I see the ass on the RX7 going out at .15 seconds and brake lights are on the GTR during .16.

musclefan21

Established Member
Are you guys color blind? I see the ass on the RX7 going out at .15 seconds and brake lights are on the GTR during .16.

Watch the video again, rx7 loses its ass before thAt. Gtr hits its brakes once the rx7 just goes completely sideways.

svtshadow

Banned
My 12 year old Terminator lasted longer than that GTR both on the streets and the track. What the hell do they make these cars of nowadays not to be able to avoid accidents like that? Too slow from the factory?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Watch the video again, rx7 loses its ass before thAt. Gtr hits its brakes once the rx7 just goes completely sideways.

I see the subtle movements prior but even at .14 it looks like it is tracking pretty straight. I could not fault a driver with a helmet on for not spotting movement partially blocked by his a pillar in the midst of a focus required 9/10 second pass.

Last edited:

TrackpackGT

Established Member
The wall did its job. He will be happy he walked away to be able to do it again another day.

Users who are viewing this thread