RX-8 murder

Velocity

Established Member
99GTvert said:
First of all his car would beat you bone stock. I would be very surprised if you could beat any modular V8 mustang stock. You are one of the few people that are such asses that they admit they are wrong and still try to act like they are better than you and it just looks really bad.

A bit judgemental here are'nt you? :coolman:

Velocity

Established Member
Sith said:
You're kidding me, right?

my 10 year old UNMODDED cobra will kill your RX8. Done it before :pepper: That's right...10 years old and still faster. A true sports car my ass :rollseyes

You're so full of contradictions you make a politician look honest.

So inform me. How much HP and ET time for your 1995 Cobra. That might help me understand your statement better. :bored:

Sith

Banned
Velocity said:
So inform me. How much HP and ET time for your 1995 Cobra. That might help me understand your statement better. :bored:

I have a 96 Cobra....and I just ran even with my friends SRT4 that runs a 13.9 (I'm going to the track Friday), so I'm assuming I'll run about a 14.1 at worst... :burnout:

Velocity

Established Member
Sith said:
I have a 96 Cobra....and I just ran even with my friends SRT4 that runs a 13.9 (I'm going to the track Friday), so I'm assuming I'll run about a 14.1 at worst... :burnout:

Not bad for a 10 year old car. Ford makes good engines. But that other guy said he could blow my doors off. How so. thats hardly blowing the doors off a 14.5 ET car. With the simplest of mods(K&N air filter) I should be able to reach very low 14's. Some RX-8 guys say they do. I personnaly have never tested my car at a dragstrip. Hate to beat on it that way. Have fun with that Cobra.

speederdoc

Established Member
Velocity said:
Not bad for a 10 year old car. Ford makes good engines. But that other guy said he could blow my doors off. How so. thats hardly blowing the doors off a 14.5 ET car. With the simplest of mods(K&N air filter) I should be able to reach very low 14's. Some RX-8 guys say they do. I personnaly have never tested my car at a dragstrip. Hate to beat on it that way. Have fun with that Cobra.
An aftermarket intake actually reduces HP in the RX-8, and causes idling problems. Best to avoid it. And most drivers cannot achieve a 14.5 in that car. The fastest timeslip I have seen posted is 14.58 @ 94.xx, although a couple of guys have claimed 14.3x. Nobody has dragged it with the Greddy or nitrous yet, as far as I can tell from the forum. Most drivers have a hard time breaking 15 sec.

And half a second is a significant win in the quarter, I would say.

Velocity

Established Member
speederdoc said:
An aftermarket intake actually reduces HP in the RX-8, and causes idling problems. Best to avoid it. And most drivers cannot achieve a 14.5 in that car. .

How can this be? K&N says a .04 hp increase. Thats almost 10 hp. Would go a long way on a car like mine. How about a Borla catback. Lightwieght fly wheel? I hear about these mods. My car could be a screamer if not for these modern ecu's. Early prototypes put out 275 hp. Emision laws sufficated that. I like the practicallity of 4 doors but it makes for a heavy sportscar. How do you guys pass yearly emision tests with all your mods? Next air filter change, I'm going to get a K&N anyway and see what happens.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Velocity said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, That's too bad, must be a 2 seater only shootout. I told you the RX-8 is unique. 4 doors is better.

No, it would have been absent because it is not a 'sports car'. It is a 'grand touring' car.

Not the same thing.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Velocity said:
How can this be? K&N says a .04 hp increase. Thats almost 10 hp. Would go a long way on a car like mine. How about a Borla catback. Lightwieght fly wheel? I hear about these mods. My car could be a screamer if not for these modern ecu's. Early prototypes put out 275 hp. Emision laws sufficated that. I like the practicallity of 4 doors but it makes for a heavy sportscar. How do you guys pass yearly emision tests with all your mods? Next air filter change, I'm going to get a K&N anyway and see what happens.

K&N is full of shit. No air filter will give you 10RWHP over stock unless the stock air filter flows like a ziplock bag.

We don't pass emissions tests when we take out our catalytic convertors. We either live an areas that don't have emissions test (like myself), know the right people, or demod before the test and remod after the test.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Velocity said:
I searched Ford focus on the net and came across this news flash, Ford is developing 300 hp turbocharged Focus to be released in Europe only. It will be competeing directly with the likes of the EVO, STi,and SRT. So you see it's true. Go ricers. :coolman:

Aha. I am sorry I didnt make myself completely clear by spelling it out for you. The Focus car, has been rallying for a while now. The SVT FOCUS was never meant to compete with the likes of and Evo or STi. Now if the rumor is true about an AWD Trubo Focus being brought out by SVT is true...then we will see.

And what does ricers have to do with anything? :shrug:
And EVO and STi are more sport car like than your RX-8?

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Velocity said:
Whatever. :bs:

Sorry, guy, your prescious RX-8 is not classified as a sports car. It is a grand tourer because it seats more than two people.

Otherwise R&T would have included it. The title was 'Best All-Around Sports Car' not 'Best All-Around 2 Seat Sports Car'

You can 'Whatever' all you want. You've proven your:
1) Lack of knowledge
2) Lack of balls (it's my wife's car...)

Stop being a troll and stand up to your wife. You know you want a Cobra. :poke:

Velocity

Established Member
The SVT focus is a budget rally car for those on a budget. It's focus is the more expensive upscale rally cars EVo or STi. Soon Europeans will be able to purchase upscale SVT Focuses with equal power. Probably a $30k price tag. If you want a car like that you'll have to mod,mod,mod since it will not be available in the states for some time.

Focuses fit the profile of econobox ricers. So I consider it an american ricer. And since some people here are easily agitated and obvious rice haters. I say go ricers. Just because it feels so good. EVO,STi? I'd still rather have the class and refinement of my RX-8

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Velocity, earlier I could tolerate you. Now you're just being plain stupid. Yes, believe K&N when they say .04hp increase. It says up to 15hp increase on the box, hahaha. You'll be lucky to see 2 or 3 to the wheels. I think that any V-8 Mustang since 87', not including the 96-98 GT's would blow your doors off. Go race a 96-98GT because in a straight line, that's your class. Stop bullshitting with the "I'm only 1.3 litres" because you know what, the motor is in a car. We're arguing that the car is faster, not that the motor is bigger. You're calling peole in focus's ricers when you're using the #1 ricer excuse.

A sports car is a car with two seats. Just because you want your RX-8 to be a sports car, it doesn't make it so. If your Mazda is a sports car, then my fox body is an exotic.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Velocity said:
Lemonoil, your starting to irritate me.

Why, because myself and others continue to prove you wrong?

Here's a dancing banana for you. :banana:

Come on mods SMACKDOWN!!!

Velocity

Established Member
poopnut2 said:
I think that any V-8 Mustang since 87', not including the 96-98 GT's would blow your doors off. Go race a 96-98GT because in a straight line, that's your class. Stop bullshitting with the "I'm only 1.3 litres" because you know what, the motor is in a car. We're arguing that the car is faster, not that the motor is bigger. You're calling peole in focus's ricers when you're using the #1 ricer excuse.

A sports car is a car with two seats. Just because you want your RX-8 to be a sports car, it doesn't make it so. If your Mazda is a sports car, then my fox body is an exotic.

Talk about :bs: Now I've heard it all. :bs:

QU!CK

Bite The Bullitt...
Established Member
On the road again...just can't wait to get on the
Velocity said:

This is hilarious, first you talk smack to the guy saying bone stock he can't beat you
Velocity said:
I've got 4 doors. I don't think your 96 cobra can do it in stock form. If It's modded. I'll wave as you blow by

...then he posts an ET that's better than yours and suddenly you want to start talking about adding mods :dw:

Sith said:
I have a 96 Cobra....and I just ran even with my friends SRT4 that runs a 13.9 (I'm going to the track Friday), so I'm assuming I'll run about a 14.1 at worst...

Velocity said:
Not bad for a 10 year old car. Ford makes good engines. But that other guy said he could blow my doors off. How so. thats hardly blowing the doors off a 14.5 ET car. With the simplest of mods(K&N air filter) I should be able to reach very low 14's.

Freakin hilarious, all hail the RX-8 in all of it's overrated, underpowered, "never able to live up to RX-7 spec" glory

SVTP--> :bowdown::bowdown: :coolman:<-- the all powerful RX-8

Don't get me wrong, I like the RX-8. It's a well handling car that most people would love cruisng through a set of mountain twistie in but the way your talking, the car has Enzo killing potential...just my .02

-J

Last edited:

speederdoc

Established Member
Velocity said:
How can this be? K&N says a .04 hp increase. Thats almost 10 hp. Would go a long way on a car like mine. How about a Borla catback. Lightwieght fly wheel? I hear about these mods. My car could be a screamer if not for these modern ecu's.
This forum really isn't the best place to ask. :poke:

Here are several threads debating the pros and cons of various intakes for the RX-8. Bolt-ons just don't do much for it, because the car was already pretty maxxed out from the factory.

Intake + exhaust + chip = negligible additional HP. Enjoy it for what it is, but don't expect it to compete against a V8, or even many V6s or turboed V4s.
You basically can't race anything but an SUV with that car...that's why they don't have a "kill section" on the RX-8 forum.

Sorry. :loser:

EDIT: fixed my link.

Last edited:

fast02gt

Established Member
I'd rather not waste my time on another GT but he sounded confident that he'll beat me motor to motor. Dumbass. : BY POOPNUT2

i'd run u motor to motor anytime buddy...ur 5.0 dont have that much done to it to be beating every all motor 4.6 out there so i wouldnt get to confident..:)

Velocity

Established Member
So many of you think your right but are so wrong. That must be what happens when your always in kill mode. Eventually the Stang will be retired except for an upper scale model which none of you can aford or mod. RX-7 and 8s legacy will continue to grow. You will see 300hp (natural) and 380 hpTurbo wankels in 2 and 4 seater light weight sportscars. They will replace the Mustang model lineup. Modding will be a thing of the past. Cobra's will finally gain respect as a antique collectors car. It will grace Culvert restaraunt Wed nite parking lot antique autoshow, parked silently while some kid points and cries "Whats that thing daddy". Now is the future. The Mustang is past. Real sportscars like mine (and ricers) will rule.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread