RX-8 murder

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Was on my way home from running and I see a red RX-8 weaving in and out of traffic on a two lane road, eventually he pulls up next to me and it's an older man with his kid. He looks at my car, looks at the wheels, smiles, I wave, then he punches it. I was like "ok", put it in second and let him know I was game, he punched it and I let his rear get to my front before slamming down the pedal. CHIRP!!! I take off and get 5 or 6 cars on him like that(snap your fingers). I slow down to tell him he had a clean looking car. He asked me to pull over so I did...confident I could kick his ass in a fight if necessary.

He just wanted to tell me that he liked my wheels and that my car looked good. Then he asked if I knew if anyone wanted to buy his 91 or 92 fox body and gave him a couple website names to post it on. Then he said he didn't push his car all the way because it only had a 1,000 miles on it. I noticed the dealer tag in front as I raped his ass.

Funny thing is he said he would race me in his 2001 GT. I asked him if he had a blower or nitrous on it. He said no, not yet. I said OK, and we exchanged email addy's.

I'd rather not waste my time on another GT but he sounded confident that he'll beat me motor to motor. Dumbass.

oaklandr8ersfan

Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
Was on my way home from running and I see a red RX-8 weaving in and out of traffic on a two lane road, eventually he pulls up next to me and it's an older man with his kid. He looks at my car, looks at the wheels, smiles, I wave, then he punches it. I was like "ok", put it in second and let him know I was game, he punched it and I let his rear get to my front before slamming down the pedal. CHIRP!!! I take off and get 5 or 6 cars on him like that(snap your fingers). I slow down to tell him he had a clean looking car. He asked me to pull over so I did...confident I could kick his ass in a fight if necessary.

He just wanted to tell me that he liked my wheels and that my car looked good. Then he asked if I knew if anyone wanted to buy his 91 or 92 fox body and gave him a couple website names to post it on. Then he said he didn't push his car all the way because it only had a 1,000 miles on it. I noticed the dealer tag in front as I raped his ass.

Funny thing is he said he would race me in his 2001 GT. I asked him if he had a blower or nitrous on it. He said no, not yet. I said OK, and we exchanged email addy's.

I'd rather not waste my time on another GT but he sounded confident that he'll beat me motor to motor. Dumbass.

So lets see if i get this right.. we argue a lilttle about the rx8 being a dog or not. Then you just happen to run into one and "Murder" him.. was this to prove a point or was it real ?:shrug:

What Mod's do you have and what kinda times do you run?

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I don't lie about kills. Brand new RX-8.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/poopnut2

There's a link to my car info. Only difference in mods is that I have a stock pipe on right now. I've only had the heads, cam, and intake in my car for about 2 weeks. We put them in a month ago and I blew a head gasket after the first week. So I don't have any track times yet. I'll have to find an offroad H pipe and some good drag radials or something before going to the track or I'll just waste my time spinning.

oaklandr8ersfan

Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
I don't lie about kills. Brand new RX-8.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/poopnut2

There's a link to my car info. Only difference in mods is that I have a stock pipe on right now. I've only had the heads, cam, and intake in my car for about 2 weeks. We put them in a month ago and I blew a head gasket after the first week. So I don't have any track times yet. I'll have to find an offroad H pipe and some good drag radials or something before going to the track or I'll just waste my time spinning.

I was just giving you a hard time man, You got a nice list of mods. You ever get a chance to run it at the track and get some numbers on it i would like to know what it runs.:beer:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I will. Trust me, I wasn't bashing lt-1's. Actually I plan on buying one next summer from a co-worker. I love F-bodies and got my asked kicked by one(LS-1) earlier tonight.

oaklandr8ersfan

Established Member
It cool man, I have hung with some pretty quick cars and i have lost to some really quick cars. I love my LT-1 might not have the most technology but it makes same damn good power. Right now i'm door to door with my Friends LS-1 SS 6spd to 100mph. He has some minor mods nothin big. I'm thinking about getting some new tires to help with the traction on the Launch. that seems to be where i have most my probs. I ran last friday night and could only get a 14.1 best all night. Which was not that bad cause every car was running slow! it was 98f out and muggy (it was about to rain) this guy i was lined up against had a 2000 GT 5spd and he ran a 14.8 and a 15.0 so cars were off a bit, but a few months ago i went to Orange County to see my uncle and ran a 13.7 @100-102 all night. I'm just saving up for a Supercharger and then let the fun begin, lol ;-)

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
oaklandr8ersfan, I have a car buddy with a 96 Lt1. It runs nice with bolt ons and a i/c procharger at 6# and a tune. Looks nice too. Heres a thumbnail pic of it.
thumbnail.jpg

I have larger pic if interested, imho a upgradable system.
poopnut2
A kill is a kill, I tend to think rx-8 is over rated hp wise, mazda extended the warranty I believe.

Last edited:

Velocity

Established Member
mean saleen said:
i test drove one of those things for the hell of it i couldnt get it passed 98 mph.

You have to shift out of 3nd gear. The MT rx8 will easily do 130 and top out at 140. Yes you can do 90 something in 3rd gear driving the 8.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Good kill on the RX-8. :rolleyes: Watch out though, I heard some of them have gotten 190hp out of them.

Try racing something that is more in your league.

MadHandle8169

Established Member
As for the debate as to whether or not they are dogs. I say they are. I raced one from a roll and beat it by a couple cars through 2 gears after he got the jump. My car is far from fast therefore RX-8 is pretty slow in my book. They should have found a way to make a reliable turbo rotary because the RX-8 looks pretty good and the rotary design is cool but the older ones just blew up to much.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Good kill on the RX-8. :rolleyes: Watch out though, I heard some of them have gotten 190hp out of them.

Try racing something that is more in your league.

Good job being 8 months behind the rest of the world. Shut the f#ck up.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
poopnut2 said:
Good job being 8 months behind the rest of the world. Shut the f#ck up.
Your piece of crap outran another piece of crap..whoopity doo! :poke:

Cobie03

Established Member
Good kill with your 5.slow I mean 0. J/K :-D I ran into an rx-8 a while back and it was nothing. To be honest the rx-7 put up a hell of a better fight. Now throw a turbo upgrade and other stuff on the rx-7 and you got a nice little car. The rx-8 can't hold a candle to the rx-7, as well as your modded fox. :beer:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Cobie03 said:
Good kill with your 5.slow I mean 0. J/K :-D I ran into an rx-8 a while back and it was nothing. To be honest the rx-7 put up a hell of a better fight. Now throw a turbo upgrade and other stuff on the rx-7 and you got a nice little car. The rx-8 can't hold a candle to the rx-7, as well as your modded fox. :beer:

I had never raced one. They look quick. Looks can be decieving.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Damn - why is everyone hating on your 5L?

Even though it's late, I'm sure it was a fun kill. Always nice to take out modern technology with brute force power!

[edit] I've never seen your car - clean looking 5.0 especially for being 17 years old now. God I need a Fox. [/edit]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread