RX-8 murder

speederdoc

Established Member
Velocity said:
So many of you think your right but are so wrong. That must be what happens when your always in kill mode. Eventually the Stang will be retired except for an upper scale model which none of you can aford or mod. RX-7 and 8s legacy will continue to grow. Your will see 300hp (natural) and 380 hpTurbo wankels in 2 and 4 seater light weight sportscars. They will replace the Mustang model lineup. Modding will be a thing of the past. Cobra's will finally gain respect as a collectors car. It will grace Culvert restaraunt Wed nite parkinglot autoshows parked silently while some kid points and cries "Whats that thing daddy". Now is the future. The Mustang is past. Real sportscars like mine (and ricers) will rule.
You've been completely wrong or trollish with every post. You know next to nothing about your OWN car, and certainly proved you know nothing about ours. You are just here to irritate, not to add to the discussion.

If it were up for a vote, I would vote to ban this troll.

Velocity

Established Member
speederdoc said:
You've been completely wrong or trollish with every post. You know next to nothing about your OWN car, and certainly proved you know nothing about ours. You are just here to irritate, not to add to the discussion.

If it were up for a vote, I would vote to ban this troll.

Well I guess I've finally graduated to Troll. It's an Honor. I could'nt have done it whitout your help and others just like you. I thank you all. Goodbye suckers. I have an RX-8 to drive. grin, grin :lol:

Last edited:

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Velocity said:
The SVT focus is a budget rally car for those on a budget. It's focus is the more expensive upscale rally cars EVo or STi. Soon Europeans will be able to purchase upscale SVT Focuses with equal power. Probably a $30k price tag. If you want a car like that you'll have to mod,mod,mod since it will not be available in the states for some time.

Focuses fit the profile of econobox ricers. So I consider it an american ricer. And since some people here are easily agitated and obvious rice haters. I say go ricers. Just because it feels so good. EVO,STi? I'd still rather have the class and refinement of my RX-8

You really know nothing about the Focus do you? The SVT Focus was never meant to be a "budget rally car". Its a FWD car designed for a road course. They offer the SVTF in Europe, it goes by the ST170. They also offer a better version, called the Focus RS (not 300 hp, but I guess you could consider an "upscale" SVTF :shrug: ). And you have no idea what will and wont be available in the states, so dont talk like you do.

I am in agreement with poopnut on this one, everytime you post you prove how little you really know about cars. You give RX-8 owners a bad name with all the rubbish you are spewing. And its good you would rather have the class and refinement of your RX-8, cause in any other category...your ass would get handed to you by an EVO or STi.

Bootbox

Established Member
Of all the threads on all the message boards on the internet right now, this is the worst one, hands down.

This guy is obviously a gimmick poster. He's trolling the boards looking for a flamefest.

Vote 2 for ban, he's ****ing up the whole joint.

FYAD Velocity

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Velocity said:
Talk about :bs: Now I've heard it all. :bs:

Great post, you've really proved us wrong with this one. Everyone give up! He doesn't think that cars that will easily do 14's in the 1/4 stock will beat a car that only professional drivers can get into the 14's.

KBpumped03

Established Member
Funny I found this post. I was searching on RX8 boards a few minutes ago trying to see if I can locate an RX8 owner near where I live. I was in town a few days ago and was making a right turn when I look across and this turd sitting in a turn lane in a RX8 is eyeballing me and revs his engine till it's bouncing off the rev limiter as I pass. Just like a ricer puke. He's a little chubby Asian punk. The RX8 had a huge whale fin rear spoiler. I bet I could back one of our trailers up to it and drop a couple of tons of cow shit on it and it would stand straight in the air. I knew I saw this turd before and it hit me the next day where I had seen him before. Apparently he upgraded a "little" over his POS Honda. You can only polish a turd so much.

I was sitting at a light last year when four Honda ricers (four imports with numerous rice eaters) turn in front of me heading the same direction I was going. They got caught at the same light I saw the RX8. They were in the right lane all lined up. I don't mess with anyone anymore since just revving on a punk assed, ricer puke can get someone killed. I was in the left lane and pulled up to the line. This little chubby faced ricer in the lead starts revving on me and looking over at me like I was supposed to be impressed. After he finished throwing his five year old display I mashed down on my throttle and got the car about 200 rpm over idle where you can hear the whistle of my blower. He looks over and says, "I not scared". I told him he should be. Then he mashes it till he's bouncing off the rev limiter and when the light changes he dumps the clutch and it didn't even bark the tires. This area is notorious for cops and they have bagged a pile of ricers there. I just sat at the light until they were up the road 100 yards. In the next year he'll be in jail or lost his license or in the ground behind a church somewhere and he got there driving a 200 HP pile of shit.

Last edited:

Sith

Banned
Velocity said:
Talk about :bs: Now I've heard it all. :bs:

How do you figure?

I just got back from the track and my friends 1990 Mustang GT, which only has exhaust and a K&N air filter installed, was running mid 14's and actually got as low as 14.2. BTW it has about 150,000 miles on it.

So think about that for a second. My friends SIXTEEN year old Mustang with 150,000 miles on it will blow your new "true sports car"'s doors off.

Your car is made for looking cool (hell I'll even admit it looks sweet) and handling well, it is NOT in the same league as Mustangs.

Since we've determined your RX8 gets its ass handed to it in the past, fast forward to modern times :

2003 Mazda RX-8 5.9 14.50
2003 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra 4.6 12.90

That is nothing short of destroying your RX-8.

Velocity

Established Member
94RX-7 said:
http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=280524

I hate to say but even 1st gen RX-7s are beating up on them

It was either a low hp auto rx8 (mid 16's ET) or the guy in the 8 did'nt race beyond 5k rpm break-in (new car). Same situation Poop probably encountered with old guy and his kid. I owned a 12a and no way could you spin the tires in 3rd. No way could it keep up to my rx8 I own now. figure it out 110hp 2750lbs vs 238hp 3000lbs. Does that seem right? It's :bs:.

If your 94 rx-7 is a single turbo the MT rx8 will take you, look it up. So be careful of those 110 hp 12a wankles. They may embarrass you on the street.

Last edited:

Blaric

Established Member
Are you kidding? You're saying an RX-8 can take a single turbo FD3S. The only way that'll happen is if the FD is completely stock and one of the turbos is fried.

Please, PLEASE try not to give all rotary owners a bad name.

Velocity

Established Member
Blaric said:
Are you kidding? You're saying an RX-8 can take a single turbo FD3S. The only way that'll happen is if the FD is completely stock and one of the turbos is fried.

Please, PLEASE try not to give all rotary owners a bad name.

I guess I'm refering to the 1991 2nd generation Turbo II. The 3RD generation twin turbo you refered to will take an rx8.

If you judge all owners of a particular make, by one owner, your predjudice. We can agree to disagree right or wrong without predjudice. Maturity is the key here.

Interspy24

Established Member
Velocity said:
Actually, I don't. I'm not into racing. Just like a car that feels it can. Most my little bit of knowledge comes from stats, internet,talking and bullshitting. I'm careful and choose my street victories by planning ahead. I don't mind loosing by a 3 or 4 car lengths. Whats the hurry? I'm aware Mustangs are fast. I won't challenge them on the street. Thier too fast. Hell I bought the 8 car for my wife. She hoards it so I only drive it every so often. We bought it for looks and the rotory. I myself like luxury compact to mid size cars with some punch that get me down the road comfortably. Maybe the next car will be a cobra. Just hate to give up comfort and practicallity. The 8 is a very capable sportscar. The rotory is silky smooth and stealthy.
So there you have it. Start the flamming

This is quite funny. Your claim to fame for the 8 is it's handling, yet you never race your car in any way. At least you're keeping some of us entertained by facts from the internet and bsing. Have fun slinging a car around corners with traffic. When auto-xing or open tracking, it all comes down to the driver. It seems you don't have any experience here. I don't have much experience, but I'm not calling people out and saying my car can hypothetically kick ass around the corners. One of best friends has an rx8. He auto-x a lot and we both occasionally attend open track events. Without ever having auto-x my cobra before, I beat him by a solid 1.5 seconds on almost every run. I have a very mild suspension setup - springs/shocks, cc plates, and subframes. I also ran circles around him at our open track events. Keep in mind he's been racing longer and has more experience. Let's not even talk about "lowly" 1320. I had 4-5 cars on him by the time I hit 3rd.

I'll admit, the rx8 is VERY easy to drive fast. It's well balanced and handles great at the limit. The car feels very nimble and turns sharply, steering input is excellent. The motor is incredibly smooth and quiet. Shifting is great, very light and clutch takeup is smooth. However, like all cars, it has it's flaws. We all know about it's lack of torque. There is not much aftermarket support for it either. I don't recall them being competitive in any form of racing. I'm not sure what class they're in, but I'm almost positive there is something running circles around it.

While making 190rwhp is great out of 1.3l, it doesn't mean jack shit when racing. Yes the technology is there and that's great, but the only people I hear making these claims are ricers. Who the hell cares about hp/liter anyways, show me torque/liter. Run whatcha brung and hope you brung enough. End of story.

The stang will be retired? Wtf?

Btw, if I'm not mistaken Mazda seems to have forgotten about the other ports for their rotaries. They only measure displacement from one of the intake/exhaust ports, and there are still two left. Technically, isn't the 1.3l classified as a 3.9l? I remember hearing some crap about this when they were racing their rx7's. Hopefully someone with more information about this will chime in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread