RX-8 murder

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought they were classified as a 2.6 liter (not according to Mazda of course), but I haven't really kept up on them for a while. Plus, didn't they win some engine design award for the 2.0 to 3.0 liter class, or something like that?

Interspy24

Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
I thought they were classified as a 2.6 liter, but I haven't really kept up on them for a while.

Yeah, I thought the 4 ports were 2.6 liters and the 6 ports 3.9 liters. Either or, I'm not worried.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Interspy24 said:
Yeah, I thought the 4 ports were 2.6 liters and the 6 ports 3.9 liters. Either or, I'm not worried.

Probably, I don't remember the specifics on the engine too well. I knew they had reconfigured the ports, but other than that I wasn't sure.

Velocity

Established Member
Spy 24

I agree with everything you said. Since I don't track race I learn about this car's abilities from those who do like yourself. It's different and new. Mods are few but starting to hit the market. Fun factor is high, and it can be raced. Thanks for your input. As this car ages, more turbo mods and FI will be available to the racing minded. 8s will be snatched up in a few years as used cars and modded by many. I'm sure some remarkable track times will be recorded as these cars evolve in the aftermarket of racing accessories. I don't believe Mazdaspeed will make any hp changes 2006. If if the rx8 rotory is accepted by the general public Mazda may release a much more powerful rotory in 2007 for the muscle car minded. Right now the rx-8 is a rotory foothold for the greater public. Once it's proven as a Gt family sports car, more powerfull generations will follow. The 6 port is still in it's developmental infancy. I'snt this how Mustang started out in 1963? Nice little 6 cyl. sport coup that appealed to the masses? Mazda's doing the same thing.

The rotory suface is comparable to engines 2x it's size. What displacement I'm not sure but 2.6 six cylinder is most often refered to.
Nice thing is it wieghts 3/4 that of a 4 cyl.

Blaric

Established Member
Velocity said:
I guess I'm refering to the 1991 2nd generation Turbo II. The 3RD generation twin turbo you refered to will take an rx8.

If you judge all owners of a particular make, by one owner, your predjudice. We can agree to disagree right or wrong without predjudice. Maturity is the key here.

A stock TII will BARELY lose to an RX-8. What's your point? That it can put the smackdown on a 14 year old car?

Regarding your "words of wisdom"..I'm not the one claiming that my car is something that it's not, i.e. fast or a true sports car. Being an adult, maybe you should take a few steps back from the keyboard and re-evaluate the position you're taking on the boards.

Done with ya.

Velocity

Established Member
Blaric said:
A stock TII will BARELY lose to an RX-8. What's your point? That it can put the smackdown on a 14 year old car?

Regarding your "words of wisdom"..I'm not the one claiming that my car is something that it's not, i.e. fast or a true sports car. Being an adult, maybe you should take a few steps back from the keyboard and re-evaluate the position you're taking on the boards.

Done with ya.

I only referred to the TII as a reference point to the Ist gen, 12a rotory owners, claim, in that posted thread. The 8 in a comparison tests does pull away off start from the TII from 0 to 110 mph. I was just making a point to 94 rx-7,s post.

Adult and maturity do not always go hand in hand. Nothing wrong with a little fun. lighten up. Too serious :shrug:

I don't drive fast
I fly low :coolman:

03cobraLuver

Established Member
ok ok ok..this is nothing but a big pissing contest! You guys sound like the peeps over at the rsx forums where they are arguing over 180 hp vs 200 hp. :xpl: All cars go their strengths and weaknesses. Mustangs got crappy interior and good hp. Rx-8s's got sweet interior but crappy ass hp. But who cares? Its not that serious dang. Do yall honestly think that everyone who drives a sport car wants to freakin race? Some people just wanna pimp it out and go for show! Pick up the ladies ya know. Others just wana go out and make a bunch of noise and race. :shrug:

Mustangs are actually muscle cars where you do go out and race and casue havoc! the fwd imports u c around here, they r sport cars! good for zipping in and outta traffic, nice lil hp for getting up and going, fancy styling. all that stuff. good all around. now why people put thousands of dollars in these cars to make them fast..i dunno..but thats besides the point.

these rx'8s are nice SPORT cars, imo, they can compete with cars of similar hp ranges. But if i had one..id just pimp it, it would be for show, and a nice lil daily driver for sport stuff. going to movies, maybe doing a lil auto crossing..heck i dunno.

im just saying that yall r getting al heated up over stull that dont even matter. we all know whose faster :rolling: who to pick on and who not to pick on. I think that their 2 kinds of cars, there is muscle (come and get your a$$ kicked) cars like cobras, vettes, and z28s. and sport cars(fwd some rwd) for crusiing, going to movies, malls, and taking trips. Im really ashamed of yall, this site is great to me cuz u dont see flaming nonstop like on rsx or some other import forums.not that im knocking on them.

I could go on and say how ford needs to come out with a naturally aspirated 400hp car, cuz they r behind chevy. and of how people with their 350zs and evos are rice and need to quit trying to challenge v8's. and of how red neck people drive chevys. dang peeps, who cares, u drive what u drive. Just get out there and have fun geez! :fm: and no im not taking sides, just laying out what my opinon. we all know our place in the food chain.

oh and the rx-8 has better interior...lol jk.come on guys lets just have fun :pop:

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
i just pissed on an rx8 last night, i was in 5th gear at about 60MPH he was in front of me and started going and i passed him at about 75-80 without downshifting...made me think of this thread

94RX-7

Established Member
Velocity said:
If your 94 rx-7 is a single turbo the MT rx8 will take you, look it up. So be careful of those 110 hp 12a wankles. They may embarrass you on the street.
Now you're justs being ridiculous.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Velocity said:
It was either a low hp auto rx8 (mid 16's ET) or the guy in the 8 did'nt race beyond 5k rpm break-in (new car). Same situation Poop probably encountered with old guy and his kid. I owned a 12a and no way could you spin the tires in 3rd. No way could it keep up to my rx8 I own now. figure it out 110hp 2750lbs vs 238hp 3000lbs. Does that seem right? It's :bs:.

If your 94 rx-7 is a single turbo the MT rx8 will take you, look it up. So be careful of those 110 hp 12a wankles. They may embarrass you on the street.

Considering the guy downshifted his RX-8 I would say it was a manual.

speederdoc

Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Considering the guy downshifted his RX-8 I would say it was a manual.
The automatics have the paddle shifters on the steering wheel, so he could still have downshifted with an "auto."

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
speederdoc said:
The automatics have the paddle shifters on the steering wheel, so he could still have downshifted with an "auto."

Still beat his ass :-D and I'm more than confident that if it was a 6-speed I could start directly behind him, come around, and get in front of him by the end of the 1/4 mile. Maybe even the 1/8.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Velocity said:
4 ROTOR RX-7 570 HP AT THE DRAGSTRIP

http://coel.co.nz/quadrotor/quad_rotor_video.mpg

NEVER MIND, bad link. Does'nt come up

If you're trying to show me a throaty sounding rotary engine, I was simply making fun of the mazda site where it says the stock RX-8 has a throaty sounding motor. I've seen throaty supras, but never a rotary motor. Then again, I'm not sure I've ever seen a high HP rotary.

Velocity

Established Member
poopnut2 said:
If you're trying to show me a throaty sounding rotary engine, I was simply making fun of the mazda site where it says the stock RX-8 has a throaty sounding motor. I've seen throaty supras, but never a rotary motor. Then again, I'm not sure I've ever seen a high HP rotary.

What the heck you doing on an RX8 site? I thought I was the only one that drifted around.

They arent so much throaty as they are deeper than the average high rpm four cylinder motors. More of a turbine sound.

20b 3 rotor is high hp. But hard to find. Very expensive.

Late next year a 1.6 RX7. It will be a 2 seater real sportscar unlike my 4 seater rx8 which everyone says is not.

http://www.rx7city.com/2006rx7.htm

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
It was from the link you posted with the performance of the RX-8. I looked on vehicle details or something. I like RX-8's. I just think they're slow. Well, I know they're slow.

Users who are viewing this thread