running rough

Toasty

Established Member
I hate to say this, but your posting style is utterly useless for anyone to provide you any help at all.

Complete sentences, a complete descrption of your problem/symptoms, and steps you have already done would be of alot of help.

'hella cammed', 'stepped in it', etc are all pretty useless statements. Ur pushing for help, but you need to help us to help you.

Bryan99hoss

Established Member
ok just for you...

I went to the store this morning. As I was leaving I pulled out in front of someone, thus causing me to accelerate heavy. When it got higher into the rpms, about 5000, it just died. I let the car roll into the parking lot of where i was going and let it sit a few minutes. I then tried to crank the car. It acted like it was either Flooded or out of gas. I did not smell fuel, but after a few tries it tried to crank. When It did it would not idle at all, and had black smoke going out the tail pipes. I in turn just let it sit over night. and tried to crank it again this afternoon. It would crank easier but when it did it sounded like it had VERY AGGRESSIVE cams, which it does not. It ran a minute or so with the same smoke. I assume that its running off 4 cylinders, or that is how it sounds to me. I cut it off, locked the doors and walked back inside.

I haven't done anything to it. I do plan on going and getting a spark plug socket and extension with ratchet and a screw driver to check the plugs. I am not educated with mustangs or the 4.6 modular motor. I do think it has to be with Fuel/Spark

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
That was just for you Toasty.. You should feel honored... :poke:

Bryan, no offence but it sounds like you need the help of a profesional.

To start Id try and get a hold of the person who sold you the car and see if they have had the same problem.

Bryan99hoss

Established Member
i finally got in touch with him and he said that it was a new one to him.... I will mess with it some today and see if i can figure something out, I think its fuel/spark... if not i will tow it home and get someone with more experience to look at it

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
^ if you can pull the plugs out and examine them if some are wet with fuel it will not fire that plug hence running rough and weird try that

Users who are viewing this thread