Running meth injection w/ P1SC

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I drilled a small hole and squeezed the nozzle threw with black silicone( no threads). No issues or boost leaks at all.

Last edited:

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I drilled a small hole and squeezed the nozzle threw with black silicone( no threads). No issues or boost leaks at all.

You just put black silicone on the threads? Or on the threads and around the nozzle on inside and out? Sorry, just trying to see how people are doing it with plastic pipes lol.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
^ No prob, There are no threads on the pipe. I used a drill and tapped a small hole with a drill bit just big enough so the nozzle would fit snug. Then used silicone around the threads of the nozzle and stuck it into the pipe.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Just got my AIS Stage 1 Trunk Kit today...

DSC_4029.jpg

DSC_4030.jpg

DSC_4031.jpg

klep2024

Established Member
Alrite so we hooked up my meth injection kit and now im having probs...when we first got it installed i had no probs. Took it for a ride and it was fine until onwe of the intercooler pipes came loose.

After that it was just bogging and dumping fuel to compensate i guess and wouldnt even idle. Was even puffing black smoke out...we got the pipes back together and everything and it started up just fine.

So we killed it and one of my buddies thought we should try rewiring the iat pigtail after the MAFia instead of before it like we had done initially.(spliced into the original harness that would plug into the maf..it plugs into the mafia, which then plugs into the maf.) I took it out to try and make boost to prime the pump and it has NO power at all. And on top of that no matter how much i lay into it, it wont make ANY boost at all.

Please help if you can. The car just surges like a son of a bitch in every single gear and no matter how hard i lay into it, i am not seeing any boost at the gauge, and the pump wont shoot meth. We tested the leads to the pump and everything is wired right..it sprayed meth when we tested the leads.

I dunno what happened :shrug:

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Alrite so we hooked up my meth injection kit and now im having probs...when we first got it installed i had no probs. Took it for a ride and it was fine until onwe of the intercooler pipes came loose.

After that it was just bogging and dumping fuel to compensate i guess and wouldnt even idle. Was even puffing black smoke out...we got the pipes back together and everything and it started up just fine.

So we killed it and one of my buddies thought we should try rewiring the iat pigtail after the MAFia instead of before it like we had done initially.(spliced into the original harness that would plug into the maf..it plugs into the mafia, which then plugs into the maf.) I took it out to try and make boost to prime the pump and it has NO power at all. And on top of that no matter how much i lay into it, it wont make ANY boost at all.

Please help if you can. The car just surges like a son of a bitch in every single gear and no matter how hard i lay into it, i am not seeing any boost at the gauge, and the pump wont shoot meth. We tested the leads to the pump and everything is wired right..it sprayed meth when we tested the leads.

I dunno what happened :shrug:

Wire it back up the way you had it before and see if that fixes your problem.

The car wouldn't idle and was blowing black smoke when the intercooler pipe came off because the car is expecting the AIR that is supposed to be there, but it's not and the ecu is still giving the fuel for that air its supposed to get, so it's flooding it and causing it to stall.

Your AIS kit looks better than my snow perf...congrats.

Thanks, we'll see how well it works. Now I just need to decide on where to mount the tank.

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
I took it out to try and make boost to prime the pump and it has NO power at all. And on top of that no matter how much i lay into it, it wont make ANY boost at all.

If you can't build any boost even with zero vacuum you still have a leak in your pipes. Check your bypass to make sure the tubes are still connected. I have had a coupling come loose but the pipe still lays in there so it looks like everything is connected. Pull on each one hard to make sure it is clamped still.

As flowgoode said, your MAF is reading too much air for what is making it into your engine so it is running very rich. If you run it long like this you will also foul your plugs which will compound the problem. Once everything is fixed it may still run like it did before until the plugs are cleared. Also, the EEC will adjust the trims to try to compensate. You may also need to clear the EEC by disconnecting the power for a while to elimiminate those messed up trims.

Chris

klep2024

Established Member
Ha wow yah i'd say i had a leak..the coupler coming from the intercooler to the maf was blown off. I fixed that and it seems to run like normal again.

However i took it out and got full boost but i'm not spraying any meth. The light on the controller lights up normal. 3 yellow flashes on startup and then just the red power light.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
Hey whats going on guys? I'm about to pull the trigger on a meth injection kit from devils own(stage 2 progressive kit to be exact).

I was wondering if anyone is running this kit with a procharger or if anyone has any advice on how to set things up in the engine bay...specifically where to tap the nozzle into the intake. Any help is greatly appreciated:thumbsup:

make sure your nozzle is higher than your bottle. alot of people have not done that and the nozzle drips when its not being sprayed. and if its dripping it collects in your piping, and when you get on it(depending on where you maf is) you run the chance of getting the maf wet and running dangerously lean.

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
Sounds like isn't seeing boost or the MAP sensor is wired up wrong.

To test mine without driving it I have a bicycle pump I have a vacuum line hooked to. I unhook my MAP sensor to the alky injector and hook it to the pump. I them press it a couple of time and that builds over 15lbs of pressure and starts the controller sending alky through the nozzle. I'd suggest you use a similar set up to test yours. This will allow you to debug it without having to drive it.

klep2024

Established Member
Well apparently my car doesnt have a map sensor so im not even using the green wire. Chance told me to T into the vacuum line that comes off the blow thru valve instead.

I was messing with it a few mins ago and i finally got it to spray meth but it didnt spray it until i hit full boost. I have my controller set to start at 2 psi and hit full at 7 psi.

Could it be that the vac line was a poor choice and i should T into the line for the boost gauge instead since its closer to the controller...or maybe the line coming thru the firewall is crimped somewhere?

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Well apparently my car doesnt have a map sensor so im not even using the green wire. Chance told me to T into the vacuum line that comes off the blow thru valve instead.

I was messing with it a few mins ago and i finally got it to spray meth but it didnt spray it until i hit full boost. I have my controller set to start at 2 psi and hit full at 7 psi.

Could it be that the vac line was a poor choice and i should T into the line for the boost gauge instead since its closer to the controller...or maybe the line coming thru the firewall is crimped somewhere?

I would put zip-ties on all vaccum line end points, including the T.

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
Well my car doesn't come with one either but I bought a GM one from them and put it on my vacuum line. I would guess you have one that came in the kit like I did. What device did you connect to the vacuum line if it isn't a MAP sensor?

klep2024

Established Member
Well my car doesn't come with one either but I bought a GM one from them and put it on my vacuum line. I would guess you have one that came in the kit like I did. What device did you connect to the vacuum line if it isn't a MAP sensor?

I guess his new controller is set up to run either the green map wire OR the vacuum hose right to the controller off the boost vac like mine.
My kit came with a T connector and some vacuum hose.

Last edited:

klep2024

Established Member
Yah i guess its his newest controller..theres a little map sensor built in the controller where the vac line plugs into it.

How much did you pay for your gm map sensor? I'm kinda stumped at this point as to what it is thats causing my problem. We checked the nozzle spray at boost, made sure the check valve wasnt bad, and rechecked all the wiring. It seems like the controller is functioning properly(all lights function as they are supposed to, when they are supposed to) but it just isnt spraying until i hit full boost.

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
Very nice. I really like what they keep doing with their devices. I see it is 3 bar also.

I think they sold me the MAP sensor for $40 or something like that. I mounted the little control box next to the lighter where it faces the driver. I then just ran the wire to the MAP sensor.

klep2024

Established Member
Yah Chance seems like a really good dude. Hes a no bullshit type of guy too so i'll definitely go through him for all my meth needs. I'm gonna write up a thread about my experience with them when i get everything working right.

I'm starting to think the resistor that controls the the start position is bad in the controller.

Users who are viewing this thread