Running meth injection w/ P1SC

klep2024

Established Member
Hey whats going on guys? I'm about to pull the trigger on a meth injection kit from devils own(stage 2 progressive kit to be exact).

I was wondering if anyone is running this kit with a procharger or if anyone has any advice on how to set things up in the engine bay...specifically where to tap the nozzle into the intake. Any help is greatly appreciated:thumbsup:

THAITED

Established Member
I don't have ATI but I tapped my before the 6" IAT (I lengthen the wire of the IAT and move it closer to T-body. Now I' m not running it due to a blown relay switch (just never get around to replace it).

THAITED

Established Member
Isnt the IAT integrated into the maf on our cars? The reason im wondering is cuz i had a diablo MAFia and was wondering what effect thats gonna have.

Not on a 2000 GT but on the 01-03 you can take the wires out of the socket and run a separate IAT (use the lightning IAT with thread) and mounted wherever you want.

Last edited:

klep2024

Established Member
Alrite guys looks like im pulling the trigger on a devils own stage 2 progressive kit tomorrow. Heres my concern: I know that meth injection is gonna give me more power and make it safer to run boost and more timing. Im at 386 rwhp right now and somewhat expecting to be around 425ish after i run my meth kit and maybe throw some timing at it.

Should i worry about the stock internals being in danger since i've hit the threshold of the stock internals? Or should i be alrite since i'll be running safer due to the meth?

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Alrite guys looks like im pulling the trigger on a devils own stage 2 progressive kit tomorrow. Heres my concern: I know that meth injection is gonna give me more power and make it safer to run boost and more timing. Im at 386 rwhp right now and somewhat expecting to be around 425ish after i run my meth kit and maybe throw some timing at it.

Should i worry about the stock internals being in danger since i've hit the threshold of the stock internals? Or should i be alrite since i'll be running safer due to the meth?

I think you'll probably be pretty close to the limits of those stock internals. Even with the meth, that isn't going to help the strength of your stock rods. Your going to add more power = more stress on the engine components.

klep2024

Established Member
Damn thats what i was afraid of. So im guessing you guys wouldnt recommend me getting an Anderson Power Pipe since i'll be pushing it after the meth? Looks like this'll be my last mod on the stock bottom end...MMR forged motor here i come :thumbsup:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Damn thats what i was afraid of. So im guessing you guys wouldnt recommend me getting an Anderson Power Pipe since i'll be pushing it after the meth? Looks like this'll be my last mod on the stock bottom end...MMR forged motor here i come :thumbsup:

If the tune is really good you can have some comfort knowing the meth runs more safe due to its higher octane boosting capabilities. But like stated thats not going to improve the strength of the rods and pistons. In the end once you start to add boost to a car anything can happen. Your bottom end could let loose at 350 rwhp or 500 rwhp. Its a bit of a gamble but thats the game we play to go fast. Make sure you post your new numbers!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
You don't have to go crazy with timing and stuff. Get the powerpipe and the meth injection. Cut the wires to the MAF connector for the IAT sensor and wire up a lightning IAT sensor. Put the sensor in the charge pipe right before the bend going into the throttle body. Put the meth injection nozzle just after the bend that is right after the blower. That way you have plenty of space to cool the air before it hits the IAT sensor.

People have run 450rwhp on stock motors for a long time, it all depends on the tune. I'd say stick with around 425hp to be safe, if you get that high. You can play with the timing to detune it, you don't have to max it out.

klep2024

Established Member
Yah thats the only thing thats gonna help me sleep a lil better at night. I'm just gonna throw the kit on tomorrow and mess with my diablo a lil bit and call it a day. No boost or timing for now.

On weds the local tuner shop does a special where you can get 2 pulls with air to fuels for $40, so i'll def post my new numbers!

klep2024

Established Member
Haha def not man..i was just talking about if i wanted to add or pull timing later on with my diablo.I'll prolly have the guys at the local shop tune it for me on wednesday. When it comes to tuning i'm definitely not the cream of the crop.

What kinda probs do you think i'll run into after running the kit? Running rich? Will it be driveable before a full fledged tune?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
^^^I think you will be just fine. Adding meth is similar to running 110 octane fuel. If you were tuned for 91 before and then later filled up with 110 its not going to hurt your engine. But if you are tuned for 110 then fill up with 91 there would be a problem. I'm not an expert on meth but I would think this applies to meth as well. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
^^^I think you will be just fine. Adding meth is similar to running 110 octane fuel. If you were tuned for 91 before and then later filled up with 110 its not going to hurt your engine. But if you are tuned for 110 then fill up with 91 there would be a problem. I'm not an expert on meth but I would think this applies to meth as well. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

meth injection has 2 major benefits, the octane boost like you stated and also the cooling ability.

If you tune the car to depend on the meth for the increased octane and then its not there....you have a problem. If you tune the car for just the IAT reduction you can have it pull timing if the temps are too high(meth ran out or stopped working it's magic). It all depends on how much you trust your meth kit I guess.

OK phew...you scared the poo out of me. I'm def tuned for 91 octane so hopefully i'll be alright. I would imagine i'm going to run a little lean tho.

I don't think you are going to run lean, your tune wont be affected by the meth by just bolting the kit on and running it. All you will effectively do is lower your intake air temps. The computer should self adjust for the lower temps and add the fuel necessary. (if you do what sunburned said by putting the IAT sensor up by the throttlebody and putting the sprayer nozzle before the IAT about 6-8 inches so it sees the temperature difference.)

Last edited:

klep2024

Established Member
Thanks dude thats some good info right there. As you can probably tell i'm a total newb when it comes to meth injection. A couple friends had recommended it so i read up on it and it seemed like an awesome idea all around.

Well i plan on relocating the maf since the iat is integrated and tapping the nozzle about 6-8 inches before that like you said. Do you have any more recommendations for me flowgoode? Will i still see that nice power increase even if i tune for the IAT reduction?

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
I have run the Devils Own for about 3 years. It is a good kit. If you get the right nozzle you will be 1/2 to 1 point richer with your a/f. As stated before, it is like running race fuel so it will decrease the chance of detonation, which is is the biggest risk for a stock engine. I ran 500 rwhp on my stock engine for 60K miles with no issue and that is because I paid attention to the tune at all times. If I had alky then I would have not thought twice about going over 500rwhp.

Again, with the right nozzle you won't need a retune at all. You could decide to add more timing to get more power but that is your choice.

Mine is using the windshield tank and I have the pump mounted in the fender next to the tank. Here is a picture of my inlet pipe. Hopefully you can see my blue pointers for the IAT and nozzle.
Inlet1s.jpg

Inlet3s.jpg

Last edited:

klep2024

Established Member
Damn i wish i werent at work so i could see those pics...thanks for the info tho man. As a matter of fact thanks everyone for the info.

Hey chriscobra..which nozzle is the correct nozzle? I got the stage 2 mustang progressive kit. Also i had a buddy whose ran meth before and hes telling me i should tap the nozzles right before the throttle body? Your thoughts on this?

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
Hey chriscobra..which nozzle is the correct nozzle? I got the stage 2 mustang progressive kit. Also i had a buddy whose ran meth before and hes telling me i should tap the nozzles right before the throttle body? Your thoughts on this?

You need to use their calculator on their forum to pick the right one for your power level. Mine is the progressive kit also. I have the little control box velcroed right next to the lighter by my shifter.

You do not want to mount the nozzle that way. Do it how I did when you can see the pictures. You want 6"-8" of space before the IAT and that is before the TB.

Chris

klep2024

Established Member
Awesome man thanks again! I cant wait to get home and see how yours is set up haha. Alright cool thats what i thought..my concern tho is that my maf and iat are one unit and theyre down by where the intercooler piping comes from the fender into the engine bay. Should i do like posted above and seperate the two and run the iat closer to the throttle body?

Users who are viewing this thread