Running meth injection w/ P1SC

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Awesome man thanks again! I cant wait to get home and see how yours is set up haha. Alright cool thats what i thought..my concern tho is that my maf and iat are one unit and theyre down by where the intercooler piping comes from the fender into the engine bay. Should i do like posted above and seperate the two and run the iat closer to the throttle body?

Yeah, you will see in chris's photos how he did it. Just buy an F150 IAT sensor, they are like 20 bucks from tousley ford (SVTP discount). Keep your MAF where it is, and get the F150 IAT and put it up near the throttle body. Then put the meth nozzle/s about 6-8" before the IAT and you'll be set.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Here is the IAT relocation pigtail you might need (as I've never seen the IAT/MAF combo in person)

IAT Sensor Relocation Pigtail - Ford Mustang

Here is a thread I found doing a search on google...

IAT sensor wiring relocation - Ford Mustang Forums

And here is the part for the F150 IAT sensor that is screw in type like Chris98vobra has:

Part# F6SZ*12A697*A Description: DY754

Thats what it says on the box.

You can also call Tousley Ford and ask for Mike R. I talked to him and asked him for the screw in IAT sensor and he knew exactly what I was talking about.

1-800-328-9552 Tousley Ford Parts Depot

klep2024

Established Member
Damn you guys are awesome! Looks like i have some reading to do.
I appreciate all the help :beer:

Alright guys one more question...would i need to buy both the iat relocation pigtail and the F150 IAT since mine is just 2 wires integrated into the maf harness? Or would i just wire the F150 IAT to the original 2 IAT wires at the maf?

Last edited:

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Alrite so i think i found an easier solution...i was just gonna swap the locations of the maf and the piping coupler further up the intake pipe.

I dont think you want to spray meth into your MAF.

All you need is the pigtail adapter and the F150 IAT. Then undo the 2 wires from the MAF/old IAT and attach the pigtail, the plug into the F150 IAT.

klep2024

Established Member
Yah the more i thought about it, it did sound kinda retarded. That and i'd prolly get a different airflow reading from relocating it. Looks like i'm ordering a F150(you do mean lightening right?) iat and the relocation pigtail.

Now when you say undo those 2 wires..do you mean literally pull them from the maf and splice in the pigtail? Or should i keep them connected to the harness and splice in. Im sure i sound uneducated right now but i just dont wanna mess anything up yanno?

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Yah the more i thought about it, it did sound kinda retarded. That and i'd prolly get a different airflow reading from relocating it. Looks like i'm ordering a F150(you do mean lightening right?) iat and the relocation pigtail.

Now when you say undo those 2 wires..do you mean literally pull them from the maf and splice in the pigtail? Or should i keep them connected to the harness and splice in. Im sure i sound uneducated right now but i just dont wanna mess anything up yanno?

I don't know if there is a difference between the IAT a F150 and a Lightning uses. I just called Mike R. at tousley and he sent me the one I need.

I have not personally done the IAT relocation because my car didn't have an integrated MAF/IAT. Mine has always been seperate. But I would think you need to cut the 2 wires away from the MAF/IAT and put the pigtail wires to those 2 wires and then plug the other end into the new F150 IAT. If you just spliced in and left the other connected, the ECU would be confused from 2 different readings because the MAF/IAT would still be sending signals to the ECU.

klep2024

Established Member
Ahh gotcha..yah i can understand that..if i just spliced in it would be like i was running 2 iat's. Ok so my best bet would be to pull one end of each wire out and wire in the pigtail..then plug that connector into the f150 iat?

I'll do some searching on that part number you gave me and see what i come up with.

THAITED

Established Member
Ahh gotcha..yah i can understand that..if i just spliced in it would be like i was running 2 iat's. Ok so my best bet would be to pull one end of each wire out and wire in the pigtail..then plug that connector into the f150 iat?

I'll do some searching on that part number you gave me and see what i come up with.

Good call, don't splice the wires. I forgot the PN# but if you go to www.modualrpowerhouse.com and ask you shall get answer. Also I think you can buy the female connector (goes to the thread IAT) from Lightingforceperformance.com for like $25.00.

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
It is easy to just cut the wires off and extend them. That is what I did. I then soldered and taped them good and cover them with a wire wrap, as you can see in my picture above.

One caution about something I ran into. Notice how in my picture the IAT wire drops down below the inlet tube? I discovered it was running next to a spark plug wire and picking up EMI from it and messing up my EEC. I now run it above the inlet tube which stopped the problem.

klep2024

Established Member
Alright cool thanx man..so i ran out there and poked my head underneath to look at the maf and cant see nething as far as wiring..ill prolly hafta pull the front bumper to get at everything easy or pull the piping.

Heres another question tho for you guys. I have a Diablo Maf-ia...how will that play into all of this?

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Alright cool thanx man..so i ran out there and poked my head underneath to look at the maf and cant see nething as far as wiring..ill prolly hafta pull the front bumper to get at everything easy or pull the piping.

Heres another question tho for you guys. I have a Diablo Maf-ia...how will that play into all of this?

I don't think the mafia will be any different. Just plug it in like normal to the MAF.

klep2024

Established Member
My Devils own kit came in today, cant wait for the weekend! Hopefully these kits catch on soon cuz they are very good quality as far as i can see. That and the customer service is awesome! Chance gave me 3 different nozzles..a d03, d07, and a d012..what nozzle were you running Chris?

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
My Devils own kit came in today, cant wait for the weekend! Hopefully these kits catch on soon cuz they are very good quality as far as i can see. That and the customer service is awesome! Chance gave me 3 different nozzles..a d03, d07, and a d012..what nozzle were you running Chris?

Yes they are. Mustang guys haven't discovered them yet. I honestly don't recall whch nozzle. Prob a 13,

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I just ordered an AIS (www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com) trunk system today. Can't wait to get it on the car. My only problem will be my charge pipe to the throttlebody is plastic and I'm worried about boost leaks when I drill and tap for the IAT and dual nozzle meth. injection.

I guess I'll have to get a custom metal pipe fabbed up :(

rodknox

Banned
Got my system from AIS as well. Went with the under the hood kit and just used my windshield wiper fluid container as my tank. Running a dual nozzle kit with one nozzle before the vortech and one after. Picked up 2 psi from just adding the pre-compressor nozzle. My IAT dropped from 230-240's down to 120's.

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
Got my system from AIS as well. Went with the under the hood kit and just used my windshield wiper fluid container as my tank. Running a dual nozzle kit with one nozzle before the vortech and one after. Picked up 2 psi from just adding the pre-compressor nozzle. My IAT dropped from 230-240's down to 120's.

Something is odd here. Are you running pure alky? Do you also have an IC? I run 50/50 and on a 100 degree day at full boost I see in the 70s, not 120s. Even without my IC core installed I was below the 120s.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member

Rodney at AIS asked if I wanted to do a nozzle before the procharger too, but for now I'm just doing dual nozzle in the charge pipe after the intercooler and before the IAT.

Something is odd here. Are you running pure alky? Do you also have an IC? I run 50/50 and on a 100 degree day at full boost I see in the 70s, not 120s. Even without my IC core installed I was below the 120s.

He could be running a lot more boost, but I'm only going to run the 50/50 windshield wiper fluid as well.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I just ordered an AIS (The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com) trunk system today. Can't wait to get it on the car. My only problem will be my charge pipe to the throttlebody is plastic and I'm worried about boost leaks when I drill and tap for the IAT and dual nozzle meth. injection.

I guess I'll have to get a custom metal pipe fabbed up :(

I have their stage 2 kit, Good choice make sure you upgrade to the stainless lines an extra $100 but well worth it IMO. Here is my set up still using plastic procharger tube, no issues at all.

methengine003.jpg

methengine004.jpg

meth003.jpg

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I have their stage 2 kit, Good choice make sure you upgrade to the stainless lines an extra $100 but well worth it IMO. Here is my set up still using plastic procharger tube, no issues at all.

methengine003.jpg

methengine004.jpg

meth003.jpg

how exactly did you drill and tap for the nozzle? that plastic didnt strip when threading in tight to make sure you didn't have a boost leak?

Users who are viewing this thread