Running 87 octane after removing belt?

samill2

sell? keep? sell? keep?
Established Member
CYA-LS1 said:
Don't get mad that a lightning can smoke you and than tow you home :rockon:

A Lightning can smoke a Terminator? Nice.

Lightnings have always been my favorite - I was gonna get one but the Cobra can haul a wife and two booger-eaters. Can't afford both so...

Last edited:

samill2

sell? keep? sell? keep?
Established Member
203Cree said:
It's not so much that we're assholes as you're just oversensitive. See, there aren't many L owners on this site. There are however, lot's of Cobra's. This section is pretty tight knit and we give each other a rash of shit from time to time. Cobra owners are usually just assholes period. Go back there if you wanna make nice with everyone.

That's cool, I do the same thing with friends. On that note:

I wasn't sayin' I was bitin' my pillow over it or anything. It's just that, as a male, I like to get things done, figure things out, and help others do the same so when I see a beginner ask an amateur question, I usually expect those with more knowledge to pass that learning on...instead of treating him like he's the ugly chick walking up to a pack of b!tchy cheerleaders and asking them if she can hang out - that's all.

But I guess you popped outta the womb already knowing the firing order of every car you were gonna own. I wish I was you.

203Cree

Established Member
samill2 said:
That's cool, I do the same thing with friends. On that note:

I wasn't sayin' I was bitin' my pillow over it or anything. It's just that, as a male, I like to get things done, figure things out, and help others do the same so when I see a beginner ask an amateur question, I usually expect those with more knowledge to pass that learning on...instead of treating him like he's the ugly chick walking up to a pack of b!tchy cheerleaders and asking them if she can hang out - that's all.

But I guess you popped outta the womb already knowing the firing order of every car you were gonna own. I wish I was you.

So which comment was it originally that you thought was so asshole-ish?

1)The ones telling him to sell the truck?

2)The one's telling him to just buy a beater?

3) Or the one's calling him stupid?

If it was the first, that's obviously a joke. Chris is one of the LEAST asshole-ish people on the boards.

If it was the second, that was damn good advice, as running 87 in one of these trucks will on average save you only 4 dollars a tank. Is 4 dollars worth a motor that costs at minimum 3 grand to replace? I think not...

And if it was the third, then I will agree with you on that one, as it was slightly uncalled for. BUT, at the same time, people need to think about things before they post a new thread sometimes.

As far as coming out of the womb knnowing firing orders, contrary to popular belief I was actually born giving the finger to dumbshits like you. If you're gonna come in here and automatically assume that we're all assholes because of one thread, then you may qualify for the "Card Carrying Nancy Boy" club.

BTW- There's a good chance that I am one of those "Asshole Lightning drivers" you're whinning about. Boo Friggin Hoo. I'm glad I'm not you.

samill2

sell? keep? sell? keep?
Established Member
203Cree said:
So which comment was it originally that you thought was so asshole-ish?

1)The ones telling him to sell the truck?

2)The one's telling him to just buy a beater?

3) Or the one's calling him stupid?

If it was the first, that's obviously a joke. Chris is one of the LEAST asshole-ish people on the boards.

If it was the second, that was damn good advice, as running 87 in one of these trucks will on average save you only 4 dollars a tank. Is 4 dollars worth a motor that costs at minimum 3 grand to replace? I think not...

And if it was the third, then I will agree with you on that one, as it was slightly uncalled for. BUT, at the same time, people need to think about things before they post a new thread sometimes.

As far as coming out of the womb knnowing firing orders, contrary to popular belief I was actually born giving the finger to dumbshits like you. If you're gonna come in here and automatically assume that we're all assholes because of one thread, then you may qualify for the "Card Carrying Nancy Boy" club.

BTW- There's a good chance that I am one of those "Asshole Lightning drivers" you're whinning about. Boo Friggin Hoo. I'm glad I'm not you.

No, it was the one's calling him a tard and "rice" and whatnot.

Don't get moody, darlin'...I didn't assume that you're all anything - I made a point to say "many" - not "all" and "few of ya" vice "all."
And I didn't call anybody an "asshole", either so I'm not sure who you're quoting. You must be readin somebody elses posts on that. There's a good chance you don't even know what you're talkin about. BTW - that "Nancy Boy Club" thing...that was creative.

Course, now that I take a second look, it wasn't that many of ya flamin... :shrug:

Last edited:

powder coating

Established Member
:nono: you might as well paint it yellow, and have stickers of kids licking the windows or better yet get a real job to pay for your gas cost last thing i want to hear is a story about a prius kicking the shit out of a lightning if you do this you better take the emblems off :nono: :bash:

Last edited:

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
i had to drive 5 hours home when i was making a trip to my parents and my ported eaton seized on me... you can drive without a belt, just wouldnt do it if i had the option. idle is messed up, air flow is messed up cause the rotors dont turn. the truck will run like ass.

if you can only run 87 try to get a tune for just 87 is all... doesnt that make sense??

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
DX NumNutz said:
So I was trolling another set of forums and saw a post by someone stating that if we removed our supercharger belt, we could then run 87 octane. Is there any truth to this? Have you done it? Side effects?

:idea: Think about the question for a moment. Why?? If you had added a legit reason I am sure you would have not gotten flamed.The question above sounds like your cheap and trying to save a buck.These trucks are high performance vehicles and should only use the highest quality fuel possible. I know the cost of gas has gone through the roof but taking the belt off is not the best thing to do. :beer:

01RedLightning

EATON HEMI'S!!
Established Member
WOW guys, what's up with the bashing! I mean, yeah it wasn't the best question, but still a legitamate question. It wasn't like he asked if he could drive on 3 wheels!! I ask a lot of questions on here because I know a lot of you guys are very good with the trucks and are very insightful. I, on the other hand am just starting to get into cars and just my L 8 months ago, now I am almost afriad to ask a question, because it might be "too dumb" for some people to answer. Just answer truthfully and nicely and move onto the next forum. WERE ALL on the same team in here and that is why I like this website.

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I think some of us were just having fun with the thought of the someone taking the belt off the blower just to save gas. If you want a lightning then you have to foot the bill for gas, If you want something better on gas then why would you buy a Lightning :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread