Run in with a Mini Cooper S

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
dude, if your not gonna smack him him, why even play? I almost feel bad for him next time he finds a Cobra and thinks he can run.

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
Mmm.... I would say around 70ish....... He couldn't pull away though, I stayed with him. I chose to let off. I can't afford to have my license revoked. This guy was ready to go BALLS OUT. He was done had he got into an accident.

70ish? Unless you were racing on an interstate UP to 70, but not past 70, then you were already breaking every posted speed limit in the country. Getting a ticket would have been unavoidable at that point:shrug:, you should have just smoked him.........:thumbsup:. That's on top of the fact that you still could have been stopped for drag racing, not just speeding.....If you're going to play, you might as well go all the way.

If I wasn't drunk I probaly would have raced um DUI and all, but then again being drunk where some of my best races. Mini cooper are pretty fast though, I'm sure he probaly had some forced induction too to temp u, hope he didn't have a camara.

....:bored:.....I hope you just kill yourself when driving under the influence, and not others. Have some respect for other people in this world! And by the way the new Mini Cooper S is a turbo car (older ones were supercharged).

I am also older and wiser, To be honest it wouldn't have been worth it.

............yes, much wiser..........he races when driving under the influence, he knows what he's talking about.

Last edited:

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
Sorry to tell you but if you couldnt destroy a slow @ss super cooper then you have little hope against a SRT8 jeep! Next time drop it in 3rd if 70 mph put 4-5 cars on it then let him do the ricer fly by if he wants.

Well this Mini was different. Unlike any I've ever seen before. For example, the Mini Cooper S at the following URL is NOT what I raced.

http://www.miniusa.com/#/learn/FACTS_FEATURES_SPECS/Top_Features-m

This Mini had Black rims, and Calipers with a Wing out back. Not too sure what else was done. I know that anyone can put on aftermarket calipers, and rims as well as a wing.

Not to mention he had a dual exhaust system similar to that of a Saleen Mustang (1999 - 2004).

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
i see tons of Mini Cooper S' Around here .. some swooped up some not.. but the ones i see are usually pimped up for track since they usually run at Laguna Seca. But still i never have gotten pulled by one or had my pull stopped by one. So this little thing had to have something unusual under the hood. I would assume a turbo.

and all Mini S' haver have the center rear exhaust.. thats how you usually can tell it is an S. Also they have thousands of factory replacement performance/look parts for these things.. from side mirrors to roof decals so black wheels does not say much.

Last edited:

04SMGIIM3

انا خارج الكلبه
Established Member
Well this Mini was different. Unlike any I've ever seen before. For example, the Mini Cooper S at the following URL is NOT what I raced.

http://www.miniusa.com/#/learn/FACTS_FEATURES_SPECS/Top_Features-m

This Mini had Black rims, and Calipers with a Wing out back. Not too sure what else was done. I know that anyone can put on aftermarket calipers, and rims as well as a wing.

Not to mention he had a dual exhaust system similar to that of a Saleen Mustang (1999 - 2004).

Where are you located? I'm curious because the shop that built my old M3 had a Nasty built motor Mini Cooper S...all blacked out. I took it out for a spin around the block, made very nice power for a car that size. It would roast em through the gears!

http://www.bavhypersports.com/index.htm...there is a couple of photos of it on that link.

Last edited:

JohnnyBlaze

Established Member
and sometimes its just good to look at the other car, and shake your head and laugh. :p

Right before punching it and making an example of them, lol. They gotta learn somewhere not to **** around where they shouldnt. The little 4 bangers, and other "no chance" cars are fun, and deserve to have their asses torn off for having the balls to try, they seem to be the only ones that will try aside from Vettes since we all know the F-Body guys tuck tail as soon as they see the snake on the side.

dragon40k

Established Member
Guy I work with has a cooper S. He's built the motor to handle 25+psi from a 30mm (or maybe a 28mm) turbo. He's put a ton of money and time into it. Tuning the thing is apparently a big problem from what he says the computers are a tough nut to crack. I tried to convince him to take it to the track and get a baseline on it before he built the motor. I'm thinking with the low low weight (2500ish I think he said) and the 300+whp that he could run low twelves. I guess the point is not all mini's are slow.

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
i see tons of Mini Cooper S' Around here .. some swooped up some not.. but the ones i see are usually pimped up for track since they usually run at Laguna Seca. But still i never have gotten pulled by one or had my pull stopped by one. So this little thing had to have something unusual under the hood. I would assume a turbo.

and all Mini S' haver have the center rear exhaust.. thats how you usually can tell it is an S. Also they have thousands of factory replacement performance/look parts for these things.. from side mirrors to roof decals so black wheels does not say much.

Oh, no; let me be clear, I stopped his pull (he did not pull on me) and started to reel him in before I let out of it. I wasn't going to take any chances above 100MPH (as bad as it was). To make it a clear win, we would've gone all out at a ridiculous speed. Not me, :nonono:

G:342

Just here for the ride.
Established Member
Your talking about a run in with a mini cooper. That's like me bragging I ran over a cockroach with an F-650.

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
Sorry to tell you but if you couldnt destroy a slow @ss super cooper then you have little hope against a SRT8 jeep!

lol, we'll see! Maybe we can get it on tape. No worries, its all fun.

I won't go balls out thats for sure!

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Friend just beat one by a few cars in his Cummins with 3 of us in the car. About 2 trucks. What do they run for times?

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Hmm, not bad for my friends truck then. I'm thinking he'll be in the high 13s once he gets his injectors and is able to run 60 lbs.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Mid 15's bone stock. Really impressive LOL!

14.9@94 mph bone stock:poke:

A full second faster than Ford Racer's GT

Edit that was with a CAI. They should be running around 15.2 or so

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread