Run in with a Mini Cooper S

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
Today I ran across a Blue Mini Cooper S.

It had Black rims, and Black brake calipers. He also had a small wing on the back. He was acting frisky, so I donwshited to 4th, and off we went. He couldn't pull away, and I wasn't really trying to pass him in the event we ran across a cop.

However, when I saw my odometer reach 100MPH, I shutdown immediately. He continued like a bat out of hell. I was cared for him actually. He had to approach speeds of 130+.

I'm sure he's ranting and raving that he blew out a SVT Cobra, but I am not about risk my life, and that of others or lose my license.

The car was stronger up top than I thought.

THAITED

Established Member
Good run but I don't think his car is that strong up top. I think if you dropped it to third, you would have kill him. BTW what speed were you at when you down shifted?

Fourcam330

Established Member
Today I ran across a Blue Mini Cooper S.

It had Black rims, and Black brake calipers. He also had a small wing on the back. He was acting frisky, so I donwshited to 4th, and off we went. He couldn't pull away, and I wasn't really trying to pass him in the event we ran across a cop.

However, when I saw my odometer reach 100MPH, I shutdown immediately. He continued like a bat out of hell. I was cared for him actually. He had to approach speeds of 130+.

I'm sure he's ranting and raving that he blew out a SVT Cobra, but I am not about risk my life, and that of others or lose my license.

The car was stronger up top than I thought.

Balsy in the rain. Ready to line her up against the Jeep? :beer:

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
Good run but I don't think his car is that strong up top. I think if you dropped it to third, you would have kill him. BTW what speed were you at when you down shifted?

Mmm.... I would say around 70ish....... He couldn't pull away though, I stayed with him. I chose to let off. I can't afford to have my license revoked. This guy was ready to go BALLS OUT. He was done had he got into an accident.

Fourcam330

Established Member
It was this morning, right before it started to rain. Around 11:45 to 12:00.

Yeap, lets put that SRT8 to the test next weekend :lol::lol::lol:

Sweet, finally a real race. :beer: Looks like rain again both sat and sun, but I'm still game to run from a dig. ;-)

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
Sweet, finally a real race. :beer: Looks like rain again both sat and sun, but I'm still game to run from a dig. ;-)

lol, a dig?....... Not good for me but I will try! I'm not too sure about wet weather.

Hopefully the forecast will change for next weekend :lol::lol::lol: Maybe I can at LEAST get my CAI installed this week. Maybe we can meet at Polaris or something :beer:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I have a Mini S and that thing bogs down from a dead stop. But it does pretty well from a roll considering it's only a 4 banger with a supercharger :banana:

Edit, I wonder which car is faster with equal drivers a Mini Cooper S or an SVT Focus?

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Wonder if that S had the Works package or was the new turbo version?

Hit me up with a PM and we'll figure out a spot to meet.

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
Wonder if that S had the Works package or was the new turbo version?

Hit me up with a PM and we'll figure out a spot to meet.

Its funny that you mention that, I started to reel him in 4th gear, but it seemed like he got stronger when I hit 5th. Still nothing bad though. I just need to go ahead and mod the damn car :) I'll PM you on Thursday or Friday.

Fourcam330

Established Member
LOL@ the 98mph traps. I can't wait to get up to Norwalk for some baseline runs. Should be trapping in the 108-109 range with my present mods. H/C is next.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
A Mini Cooper S? Don't they run a 15.5 second 1/4 and 7 second 0-60 times?

I dust them handily in the family grocery getter. The big truck would plant that thing into the ground by about 4 truck lengths. :lol1:

primetime

Established Member
LOL@ the 98mph traps. I can't wait to get up to Norwalk for some baseline runs. Should be trapping in the 108-109 range with my present mods. H/C is next.

Andy, Let me know when you head up to Norwalk, as I would like to see your Jeep run and I am always game to make some passes. I'm sure I could get Jim and Zak to go. later Ron

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
those mini cooper s cars are faster than i thought they were...my dad has one but a non turbo.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
If I wasn't drunk I probaly would have raced um DUI and all, but then again being drunk where some of my best races. Mini cooper are pretty fast though, I'm sure he probaly had some forced induction too to temp u, hope he didn't have a camara. :bash:

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
If I wasn't drunk I probaly would have raced um DUI and all, but then again being drunk where some of my best races. Mini cooper are pretty fast though, I'm sure he probaly had some forced induction too to temp u, hope he didn't have a camara. :bash:

Yeah, he didn't leave me or anything like that. I let out in fear of getting a ticket or worse. I LOVE my Cobra, and I LOVE to drive it. I would like to continue driving it as well! :rolling:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Well if thats your car in your sig. that is one sick car, you got to give that cooper credit for even trying. I know you would of smoked um either way :eek: I am also older and wiser, To be honest it wouldn't have been worth it. Most of my racing was I was a dumb kid, and that's also why I bought an 03 cobra, sometimes its fun as hell, and sometimes its just good to look at the other car, and shake your head and laugh. :p

Last edited:

Wild Bill

Established Member
It was this morning, right before it started to rain. Around 11:45 to 12:00.

Yeap, lets put that SRT8 to the test next weekend :lol::lol::lol:
Sorry to tell you but if you couldnt destroy a slow @ss super cooper then you have little hope against a SRT8 jeep! Next time drop it in 3rd if 70 mph put 4-5 cars on it then let him do the ricer fly by if he wants.

Users who are viewing this thread