Roush TVS no longer requires repining?

kevinp

Established Member
I read that somewhere else that the harnesses will be P&P now. Save some time for sure on the install and will be easier to put it back to stock too.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
I haven't seen anything on this recently, but have a TVS job coming in soon, so I should be able to confirm this one way or another. Though depinning the stock connectors and connecting them to the TVS harnesses only takes about 10 minutes..................maybe 15 if there is a hot soccer mom at the gas station across the street

JAA55

Established Member
re-pinning was the biggest pain of the project....i didnt want to bust any of the old plugs so it sucked getting the pins out.

I assume the tvs kit is identical other than the compressor......my whippe kit had a roush lower intake and pulley bridge. all the wiring and odds and end were ford parts

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
I am pretty sure that the Boss front cover is already rib less, but i think the bosses on the cover are still there.

grnenvy

Established Member
If your looking for a machined cover I think Justin at VMP tuning has them. Or atleast when I was there he was talking about getting a couple machined. I would have to say it would take more time to RR the cover then grinding on it. If u have the right tools it's easy!

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Two answers. Roush parts line guy says repining still required to use the harness, that the harness eliminates having to cut and splice the factory harness. *boggle*.

Chris at AM says the harness eliminates repining.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Mine still has the ribs.

That's weird....
2011-10-14%25252013.43.57.jpg

davidhuff

Established Member
Two answers. Roush parts line guy says repining still required to use the harness, that the harness eliminates having to cut and splice the factory harness. *boggle*.

Chris at AM says the harness eliminates repining.

What is the story,is the new harness really a plug and play?

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Not for sure yet, but at first glance at the new kit I've seen, looks like repining is still required. No harness cutting. I'm gonna have to email Chris at AM and ask him about it

Users who are viewing this thread