Roush TVS no longer requires repining?

kevinp

Established Member
Does it require any special tools?

Not really, be nice if you had the right weatherpack tool.

Its not hard at all and I wouldnt let it scare me away from installing the Roush or Whipple (I assume the FRPP needs to be repinned as well). Worse you can do is plug the wrong wire in the wrong hole but the instructions are very detailed and its not a lot of wires. Only advantage I see is putting the car back to stock would be easier with the P&P harness.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Repining is very very easy. Hardest part is figuring out whats the best way to get the retainer out of each plug. Only takes about an hour if your relatively mechanical.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
It only takes about 10-15 minutes really. It takes more time to route the harnesses and secure them neatly.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Could be done in 15 minutes once you've done it. Most folks only gonna do it once though. And that first time gonna take an hour or longer as your skill level drops.

kevinp

Established Member
Could be done in 15 minutes once you've done it. Most folks only gonna do it once though. And that first time gonna take an hour or longer as your skill level drops.

+1

I could do it it a lot faster now that I've done it once, I was trying to be very careful about not damaging the stock connector shells. But like you said you only have to do it once..

Users who are viewing this thread