Roush Supercharger

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Has Anybody Done This? You Know The One Ford Offers That Dosent Void Your Warrenty. Its Intercooled 5psi And Claims 115hp, Im Interested On What Kind Of Rwhp #'s I Can Exspect From An 06 Gt 5 Speed With This Upgrade.

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
My Stage 3 is listed at 415. Just like the ads state the Roush blower adds 115 to the stock 300. Nice thing is its still under warrenty! Roush now offers a smaller pulley that I just installed. Also includes a PCM reprogram. The difference is amazing!! Roush says it's only good for another 15-20hp. I would say that it is more like 30-40!! Boost comes on much sooner. I would see if you could get the blower with the smaller pulley from Roush!!

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
bobosfocus said:
My Stage 3 is listed at 415. Just like the ads state the Roush blower adds 115 to the stock 300. Nice thing is its still under warrenty! Roush now offers a smaller pulley that I just installed. Also includes a PCM reprogram. The difference is amazing!! Roush says it's only good for another 15-20hp. I would say that it is more like 30-40!! Boost comes on much sooner. I would see if you could get the blower with the smaller pulley from Roush!!

SO WHAT RWHP CAN I EXSPECT TO SEE WITH THIS SET UP ON AN O6GT 5 SPEED?

MattP 343

Established Member
Check out FNSWEET.com thats the Roush Board and Im sure you can get some real world numbers there.

Most Roush guys are seeing about 360rwhp at the wheels on the stock Pully and the Conservative roush tune

BigRick

Whippled Roush
Established Member
Roush will honor the warranty ONLY if you have it installed by an authorized technician.When I looked into the roushcharger last year I was told only two shops in Las Vegas were authorized.
The new pulley upgrade is pretty sweet from what Ive heard but the supercharger is expensive and paying someone to do the install is also.
That was the main reasons I went with the Ford Racing/Whipple setup.
If you can afford to pay someone to install I would say go for it and get the smaller pulley because nothing beats a warranty.

bannana_roush.gif
bannana_roush.gif
bannana_roush.gif

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
MattP 343 said:
BTW Its not that it doesnt VOID your warranty, its that Roush picks up the remaining time.

I DONT HAVE ALL THE DETAILS YET BUT, WHAT IF YOU HAVE THE SUPERCHARGER INSTALLED WITH 35,000 MILES ON YOUR CAR DOSE THAT MEAN THE ROUSH WARRENTY IS ONLY GOOD FOR 1,000 MILES? THAT DOSENT SEEM RIGHT!:shrug:

lilblueGT259

Established Member
Trust me, dont get the roushcharger. Sure if you want to make a measly 115 hp and pay an outrageous amount of money, go ahead and buy it. But in my opinion you should go with either a whipple or a kenne bell. Man you would easially make so much more power for so much less money with either one of these s/c's. Trust me dude. I plan on putting a KB on my Mustang, and i would never buy a Roushcharger, because you are only paying for the name and not the power you make. Hope this was of some help.:rockon:

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Ya I Hear Ya But This Car Is My Gf's And She Only Has 15,000 Miles On It. The Roushcharger Offers A 36,000 Mile Powertrain Warrenty, So Shes Warentied Till 51,000 Miles. I Like Warrenties, You Don't Know How She Drives.:burnout:

RodeoFlyer

Established Member
don't be fooled by the Roush warranty - get the details. They cover you UP TO a certain dollar amount - 5 grand I believe it was when I looked into it. Five Grand doesnt have a new motor installed.

With all of the modern technology out there - why go with a roots style blower anyway.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Well How Much Do Other Blower Companies Offer If You Blow-up Your Stock Block ? I'll Take My Chances With A Company Who's Willing To Stand Behind Thier Product With Cash!!! The Only Thing I Heard From Other Manufacturers Is " Good Luck With Stock Block".

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
And If It Blows Up After 36,000 Miles Then Its Time For Custom Tune And Forged Internals, And Remember This Is My Gf's Car I Think 360-370hp To The Wheels Will Be Just Enough To Put A Big Smile On Her Face For A While.

F8L_50

Banned
You can probably save some money and just Port and Polish the Heads put a Cam and Intake with a good SCT tune and make around the same power. And you wont spend over 7000$. My opion is 7000+ is alot of money for 115 horse power. Not to mention the head achs you run into such as fuel systems, transmissions and rear ends. Every one says the car can handle this and that but they are technically only built to handle what it came with. I have seen rear ends fail at 330 rwhp. I would build it up N/A and make it safe and reliable. There is nothing worse then having a car garaged for months waiting to get fixed.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Money Is Not The Issue Its Piece Of Mind That For The Next 36,000 Miles Shes Covered. She Can Just Bring The Car In Get A Loaner Car And Not Worrie. Hey Look I Know Other Supercharers Have More Potenal And Make More Power, But Im Lookin For The Security Of A Warrenty. The Car Only Has 15,000 Miles On It, And Shes Got The Exstended Warrrenty Until 60,000 Miles. So If She Puts The Roushcharger In Now Shes Covered Till 51,000miles. By Then The Engine Fund Is In Place And We Can Boost The Power With A Custom Tune And Smaller Pully.....its All Part Or A Long Term Plan For Her 06gt.

F8L_50

Banned
yeah arent whipples covered by warrenty as well. The thing that are about Roush Chargers is that you can not boost them that high. they are only a 1.5 liter supercharger (correct me if im wrong) a friend of my has a decent roush set up and is pushin 420 rwhp and that is the most that charger is going to put out. They have a 10psi pully on it and its only boosting 8psi and is over spun by far. We dont think the blower is going to make it much more then a year. That is with an awsome SCT Tune. A Saleen Charger might be another thing to look into as well. The roots chargers just run soo hot.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Whipples Are Not Coverd. The Roush Charger Is An Eaton M90, Basicly Its A Lighting Supercharger. I Dont See Anything Wrong With 400-420rwhp For Her Daily Driven Gt. Remember This Is Her Everyday Car And Will Probibily Only See The Track 1 Or 2 Times Ever. We Already Own The Potenial High Hp Car Which Is My 03 Cobra.

F8L_50

Banned
Really Whipples arnt covered? Even though those are the ford racing superchargers? You would think that they would be. Does the roush charger come with a fuel pump as well. I know my buddy had fuel issues with his but he is also custom tuned. I guess it sounds like a good deal. I have just had bad luck with dealerships and I only let one person work on my car.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Shes Getin A Baseline Dyno Today And We're Dropin Off Her Car On Monday To Have It Installed. We'll Let Her Run 25 Key Cycles Or So And Have It Re-dynoed And We WILL Post Up The Results.

Users who are viewing this thread