Roush Supercharger

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
F8L_50 said:
yeah arent whipples covered by warrenty as well. The thing that are about Roush Chargers is that you can not boost them that high. they are only a 1.5 liter supercharger (correct me if im wrong) a friend of my has a decent roush set up and is pushin 420 rwhp and that is the most that charger is going to put out. They have a 10psi pully on it and its only boosting 8psi and is over spun by far. We dont think the blower is going to make it much more then a year. That is with an awsome SCT Tune. A Saleen Charger might be another thing to look into as well. The roots chargers just run soo hot.
You are correct about the Roush being a 1.5 but missed the boost #'s. With the stock pully the blower is putting out 4.5-5.0psi. With the smaller pulley that is avbl from Roush now it bumps is up to around 5.5-6.0. Still very mild. But trust me on this. It is plenty! Especially for the street. On the track...road course, not 1320, another 20-30hp would be nice. The Roush guys have done their homework and that is why the blower carries a warrenty. The Roush engineers used to show up at all the track events with two stage 3 cars. They ran them in every run group, not just one or two groups! They never had a failure. After watching that for 2 seasons+warrenty...I bought a Roush! :beer:

F8L_50

Banned
no u misunderstood me on the boost, well i forgot to say to he had magnuson make him a custom 10lb pully but only sees like 7.5 psi to be exact, 415hp is enough for sum but if i pull up to a Z06 or Viper i want to make sure they can read my plates

Last edited:

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
F8L_50 said:
no u misunderstood me on the boost, well i forgot to say to he had magnuson make him a custom 10lb pully but only sees like 7.5 psi to be exact, 415hp is enough for sum but if i pull up to a Z06 or Viper i want to make sure they can read my plates
+1!! :lol:
Thats why I only have a rear plate!

RodeoFlyer

Established Member
No, she will not have a warranty thru 51,000 miles. She wil be covered for the REMAINDER of her ORIGINAL 36,000 mile warranty. this means she is covered for 21,000 more.

7k for a measly 115 horsepower is a joke. Roush covers you up to 5k but what about every time she goes to the dealer and they cry about the blower? They can tell you to go pound sand if they want to. I don't want to hear all the "Moss-magnuson" blah blah blah. You cant fight City Hall and you definitely cant afford to sue FoMoCo.

If you want reliable power get a ZEX nitrous kit. You will have the same power increase and the ability to remove it in a jiffy if you need to go to the dealer. The bonus is that it's only $600, so you can save the money to do a good blower once the warranty is up. You can also disable it so that only you can have fun when you drive it. I know it's sexist but it's reality - most girls cant handle 400+ horsepower, especially in a street car, which likely has stock suspension.

For the gentleman that said to do heads, cam(s), and intake - that route will not produce as big of gains and is not anymore reliable than a power adder. It also costs a fortune as the motor needs to be out of the car to remove the heads. The problem for reliability with these engines is the bootom end, mainly the connecting rods.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
F8L_50 said:
nice any thing else getting done...

WELL HER CAR IS A VERT SHE ALLREADY HAS A FORD FACTORY DROP, OEM GT500 RIMS, BFG KDW'S 255'S IN FRONT 275'S IN BACK, 40 SERISE FLOWMASTERS 4" TIPS, LIGHT BAR. STRUT TOWER BRACE. SHE NEEDS POWER NOW!

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
RodeoFlyer said:
No, she will not have a warranty thru 51,000 miles. She wil be covered for the REMAINDER of her ORIGINAL 36,000 mile warranty. this means she is covered for 21,000 more.

7k for a measly 115 horsepower is a joke. Roush covers you up to 5k but what about every time she goes to the dealer and they cry about the blower? They can tell you to go pound sand if they want to. I don't want to hear all the "Moss-magnuson" blah blah blah. You cant fight City Hall and you definitely cant afford to sue FoMoCo.

If you want reliable power get a ZEX nitrous kit. You will have the same power increase and the ability to remove it in a jiffy if you need to go to the dealer. The bonus is that it's only $600, so you can save the money to do a good blower once the warranty is up. You can also disable it so that only you can have fun when you drive it. I know it's sexist but it's reality - most girls cant handle 400+ horsepower, especially in a street car, which likely has stock suspension.

For the gentleman that said to do heads, cam(s), and intake - that route will not produce as big of gains and is not anymore reliable than a power adder. It also costs a fortune as the motor needs to be out of the car to remove the heads. The problem for reliability with these engines is the bootom end, mainly the connecting rods.

OK LISTEN UP MR. 4 POSTS YOU NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIT. FIRST OF ALL ROUSH DOSE NOT JUST PICK -UP THE REST OF YOUR 36MON-36,000 MILE WARRENTY. THE ROUSH WARRENTY STARTS THE DAY IT IS INSTALLED, I KNOW BECAUSE THEY GAVE IT TO ME IN WRITING. HER WARRENTY IS UP WHEN HER ODOMETER HIT 51,552 MILE OR 36MONS FROM TIME OF INSTALATION 5/16 INSTALL DATE. THE ZEX KIT YOUR TALKING ABOUT IS ONLY RELIABLE WHEN THE BOTTLE HAS JUICE IN IT. AND IF YOU DAMAGE THE MOTOR ZEX IS NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU 5K IN WARRENTY WORK. AND THE LAST TIME I CHECKED MY SUPERCHARGER IT NEVER RAN OUT OF JUICE!!!! :shrug:

Last edited:

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
And As Far As A Girl Handeling 400hp, She Drives My Terminator Better Than Most Guys And IT Has Well Over 400hp. JUST TAKE A LOOK AT MY SIG.

Last edited:

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
03MUSCLE said:
OK LISTEN UP MR. 4 POSTS YOU NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIT. FIRST OF ALL ROUSH DOSE NOT JUST PICK -UP THE REST OF YOUR 36MON-36,000 MILE WARRENTY. THE ROUSH WARRENTY STARTS THE DAY IT IS INSTALLED, I KNOW BECAUSE THEY GAVE IT TO ME IN WRITING. HER WARRENTY IS UP WHEN HER ODOMETER HIT 51,552 MILE OR 36MONS FROM TIME OF INSTALATION 5/16 INSTALL DATE. THE ZEX KIT YOUR TALKING ABOUT IS ONLY RELIABLE WHEN THE BOTTLE HAS JUICE IN IT. AND IF YOU DAMAGE THE MOTOR ZEX IS NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU 5K IN WARRENTY WORK. AND THE LAST TIME I CHECKED MY SUPERCHARGE IT NEVER RAN OUT OF JUICE!!!! :shrug:
:lol: :lol: Thank you! I knew that someone else would say what I was thinking. Bottles are for BABIES!!

Last edited:

F8L_50

Banned
Stage II port and polish heads cost $650 and give 30 hp, a cam can give you 20-30 HP Ive seen stage IV's for 699$ Intake and custom tune about 850$ custom not a can tune. That makes 2199 in parts alot cheaper then 7,000 in parts you would need for a S/C now you have a built top in give you about 370 to the wheels and you wont blow your motor.

I dont think any one should put a S/C in unless you have forged internals its a ticking time bomb works for some but blows for the rest... Ive done both mods to my car and know the numbers it puts out... with exception of a cam. Labor varies on how much your mechanic likes you

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
F8L_50 said:
Stage II port and polish heads cost $650 and give 30 hp, a cam can give you 20-30 HP Ive seen stage IV's for 699$ Intake and custom tune about 850$ custom not a can tune. That makes 2199 in parts alot cheaper then 7,000 in parts you would need for a S/C now you have a built top in give you about 370 to the wheels and you wont blow your motor.

I dont think any one should put a S/C in unless you have forged internals its a ticking time bomb works for some but blows for the rest... Ive done both mods to my car and know the numbers it puts out... with exception of a cam. Labor varies on how much your mechanic likes you

YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE $ PART BUT SHE GOING TO GET A WARRENTY!!!!! AND AFTER THE WARRENTY WERE ON OUR OWN, BY THEN THE RE-BUILD FUND WILL BE PRETTY FULL AND READY FOR MORE BOOST.

RodeoFlyer

Established Member
Mr. 4 Posts? big ****in deal. I dont come on here much because this forum isn't very active.

Over a year ago I looked into the Roush blower and at that time they only covered the original warranty. It's possible they changed their policy to get more people to buy the piece of shit.

You can't come on a FORUM looking for OPINIONS and bitch when they aren't all what you want to hear.

Gf's car has a strut tower brace - OH MY :sleeping:

If you're happy with it that's cool, just remember at 36,001 miles her extended warranty is out the window. At that time when you want to do more with the car you bought a dead end blower with parts harder to find at a higher cost. You will have a hard time finding tuners as knowledgeable with that blower compared to others. How embarasing it will be to ride around and have NA cars hang with you and guys with much less money in their cars blow your doors off.

Enjoy your inferior, overpriced upgrade!

01 GT GIRL

Established Member
RodeoFlyer said:
Mr. 4 Posts? big ****in deal. I dont come on here much because this forum isn't very active.

Over a year ago I looked into the Roush blower and at that time they only covered the original warranty. It's possible they changed their policy to get more people to buy the piece of shit.

You can't come on a FORUM looking for OPINIONS and bitch when they aren't all what you want to hear.

If you're happy with it that's cool, just remember at 36,001 miles her extended warranty is out the window. At that time when you want to do more with the car you bought a dead end blower with parts harder to find at a higher cost. You will have a hard time finding tuners as knowledgeable with that blower compared to others. How embarasing it will be to ride around and have NA cars hang with you and guys with much less money in their cars blow your doors off.

SORRY YOU ARE SUCH A JERK AND PISSED AT THE WORLD. GET OVER YOURSELF I KNOW I AM. BY THE WAY I'M THE OWNER OF THIS CAR AND WOULD YOU CARE TO PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS?:lol1:
TRUST AND BELIEVE I CAN HANDLE YOUR CAR BETTER THAN YOU.

Last edited:

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
Mellena, Way to go! I want to be there when you kick Mr. RodeoFlyer's (Matt's)Ass. :rockon:

As for you Matt...I normally make a point of not argueing with ignorance, but in your case I am going to make an exception!

Did your car come with a warrenty when you purchased it? Did you have to pay for the warrenty? NO? :bs: Just because you did not see a warrenty charge on your list of options does not mean that you did not pay for it! Every auto maker in the world adds X amount of dollars to the cost of each vehicle to cover possible repair costs. Well, so does Roush! Do you think that KB blowers would cost A LOT MORE if they added a warrenty with them? How much do you think KB big supercharger would cost if they added a warrenty with it. There are stories on this and every other forum from guys (and Ladies) who have grenaded thier motors using high HP superchargers!! So, the Roush blower only makes 115hp. There is a reason for that...Roush will loose money paying for engines that blow up! I just installed a smaller pulley on my (piece of shit) Roush! It is only supposed to be good for another 15-20 hp. (Trust me its more like 30-40hp) Did my pulley upgrade cost more than other pullies that I could have purchased for other MFG's blowers? You bet!! My warrenty is still in effect!:pepper:
For two seasons I watched the Roush enginners show up at track events with two Stage 3 cars. They drove them in every run group! The cars never had a motor issue! They drove them very, very hard. And very, very fast! (Bruce, the moderator of this board will testify to that!!) When I first saw the Roush, I was not crazy about the looks. But, once I saw it on-track, it became much better looking! About the only car that I saw pass the Roush was Bruce in his highly modified Cobra R!

RodeoFlyer said:

Just because you do not like something does not make it a piece of shit! I do not like the looks of the Saleen at all! Does that make it a piece of shit? NO WAY! It is an awesome car. I just do not care for the looks of the car. Twenty inch wheels just do not work ontrack!

I was going to buy an 07, gut it modify it and turn it into a semi-track car. But as soon as you touch the motor there goes the warrenty. The Roush is a great car. A dead end blower? Comes with a warrenty! You FOOL!

Embarassed? Only for you! :loser::poke: Inferior, overpriced? Inferior NO WAY! Overpriced? Not once you drive it!

Getting my doors blown off? Not on a racetrack!!:rockon:

END OF RANT!!

Last edited:

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
THANKS FOR EXSPRESSING THE VOICE OF REASON FROM SOMEBODY WHO OWNS THIS SUPERCHARGER. (bobosfocus) NOT SOMEBODY WHO ALMOST OWNED ONE.

SHE DID A BASELINE DYNO YESTERDAY AND HER #'S WERE 268RWHP/280RWTQ.NEW #'S COMING!! :pepper:

Last edited:

tparrott2

Established Member
Procharger ... P-1SC-1 or Novi 2200...if tuned correctly..conservative tune...the motor should not have any problems...CERVINI C-500 has 580HP at 10PSI on stock motor.....8 PSI and 3.73 rear should be great for power.....and warranty should not be an issue if you are moding your car

Last edited:

01 GT GIRL

Established Member
tparrott2 said:
Procharger ... P-1SC-1 or Novi 2200...if tuned correctly..conservative tune...the motor should not have any problems...CERVINI C-500 has 580HP at 10PSI on stock motor.....8 PSI and 3.73 rear should be great for power.....and warranty should not be an issue if you are moding your car
THANKS FOR THE INFO BUT I HAVE TO STICK TO MY GUNS ON THIS. SEEING AS I PAID 32K FOR MY CAR THAT HAS 15K MI ON IT, IT REALLY DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO VOID THE WARRANTY WHEN I DON'T HAVE TO. AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRES I'LL BOOST IT TO THE MOON UNTIL THE MOTOR BLOWS AND THEN WE WILL REBUILD IT BIGGER, FASTER AND STRONGER. :thumbsup:

01 GT GIRL

Established Member
Thanks For The Info From Those Who Actually Have A Roush S/c, Thats Really What I Was Looking For Was Info On The Roush Not All This Other Stuff.

F8L_50

Banned
tparrott2 said:

Im sorry but the C-500 does not pull 580 unless your not talking about wheel hp. It might pull 580 in the motor. I am running the 10 psi procharger on a 5.0 stroker motor is a mean tune and only pulled 545rwhp I saw a C500 run on the track with a good driver and bairly pulled a 12.5 in the !/4. And procharger is pulling the most power over the cent. superchargers i love mine and it sounds MEAN. you can see more of my car at www.myspace.com/ridethispony.

As for the roush yeah its a well put together supercharger and it is safer compared to the others but im a just a firm believe to build it before you blow it.I learned my lesson and it only takes on bad rod to ruin your day. my boy had a roush blower hooked up and blew his motor on the dyno. And the stock compression is also high for a blower as well. but it is your car and at least your motor will be covered as well so thats a good thing. but if you ever want to make big power you wont be able to thats what sucks with the blower they can only handle 8 psi and still run effecient. 10 psi is just over spooling them. at least it is my buddys roush.

also think of some weight reductions too cause these cars are tanks.

Users who are viewing this thread