Roush Stage 3 Aluminator Phase 3

phil123

Established Member
The car will be under warranty so unless your keeping it longer than 3 years then I wouldn't worry about the tranny. Then If you do keep it buy and extended warranty. It's that simple.

Something else to consider: my buddy just bought a 2012 stage 3 roush for 40k, even though there is one year left on the warranty he bought an extended one $2500, bought the "phase 3 upgrade" from roush $1500. Puts it at 675hp/585tq flywheel. All while under the warranty since it's from roush even at that power lvl. Tranny blows? That's what your warranty is for. But that's the most that roush offers so if you want more power then you'll have to go a different direction. My buddy spent around 50k after everything and has the same power and warranty as your looking at. Yea it doesn't have the aluminator motor but you have a warranty for that.

Then for that price you can get a 2013 gt500 though which is what my choice would be with the better tranny. Decisions:rolling:

I believe the warranty on the stage 3 upgrade only covers the parts purchased with the stage 3 not any other engine components. You may be able to purchase an aftermarket warranty for a stage 3 but Ford ESP does not cover. Even on a brand new Roush stage 3 you are being covered by a Roush warranty not a Ford warranty. If being covered by a Ford warranty is an important consideration Shelby is the way to go. If not it is just a matter of which car you like the best.

The Roush website also indicates the 625 hp engine is a parts only warranty.

The 2013 Stage 3 Mustang Premier Edition shares the stage 3 power by increase the 5.0L V8 engine with the ROUSH TVS R2300 Supercharger to 565 and 505 ft-lb of torque tire shredding level. Producing all that extra power can make you stress about your Mustang warranty which is no worry due to ROUSH providing a powertrain warranty with a 3 year / 36,000 mile drivetrain warranty. Premier is also available with an optional post title upgrade of 625 horsepower and 525 lb-ft of torque however the powertrain 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty becomes a parts only warranty.

makevelie187

Established Member
I was under that impression to and i asked my friend specifically if those upgraded parts were included, he claims yes, he bought his roush from the biggest roush dealer in the country where i guess they specialize in roush warranties?? he could be wrong but who knows. But is a pulley and PCM calibration you just have to take off and put the stock on back on, i know thats a pain though.

At that price man i would honesty just go with a gt500. I can tell you that the transmission alone is well worth it.

dotmpeg

Established Member
I was under that impression to and i asked my friend specifically if those upgraded parts were included, he claims yes, he bought his roush from the biggest roush dealer in the country where i guess they specialize in roush warranties?? he could be wrong but who knows. But is a pulley and PCM calibration you just have to take off and put the stock on back on, i know thats a pain though.

At that price man i would honesty just go with a gt500. I can tell you that the transmission alone is well worth it.

Ford can tell if the vehicle has been modded and they will void your warranty. It's not that easy just to change parts back to stock.

rdrkt

Established Member
If they are going to spend that much on a GT Mustang and the Ford Racing Aluminator engine why not just recreate the Cobra jet? I cant imagine spending the same or more money and not getting all the goodies that come with the Shelby even if it makes the same power.

makevelie187

Established Member
so i just asked my buddy and the warranty that HE purchased will cover the phase 3 upgrade. He bought it from the largest roush dealer in the US and they specialize only in roushes he called the dealer today to confirm it... hard to believe i might double check on it and call them myself lol

Last edited:

phil123

Established Member
so i just asked my buddy and the warranty that HE purchased will cover the phase 3 upgrade. He bought it from the largest roush dealer in the US and they specialize only in roushes he called the dealer today to confirm it... hard to believe i might double check on it and call them myself lol

The dealer may be selling an aftermarket warranty which is a lot less desirable than a Ford or even Roush warranty. Roush vehicles are specifically excluded from Ford ESP's. When you buy the 675hp phase 3 upgrade from Roush the warranty is for Roush parts only and does not include labor.

From their website.
The 2011-2014 ROUSH 5.0L Mustang Phase 1 to Phase 3 Supercharger Upgrade Kit is protected by ROUSH Parts limited warranty (ROUSH Supplied Parts Only), which is for 3 years or 36,000 miles from original installation date.
- See more at: 2011-2014 5.0L Mustang ROUSH Phase 1 to Phase 3 Supercharger Upgrade Kit

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
Sorry for brining up older thread. I did a search to see the comparisons and this is the topic I was wanting to read up on.

They are now offering good rebates on the roush and I'm assuming more on the gt from ford when the 2015 order banks open up. I must say this looks like a better buy then a Shelby if it can be had under 60k.

Last edited:

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Sorry for brining up older thread. I did a search to see the comparisons and this is the topic I was wanting to read up on.

They are now offering good rebates on the roush and I'm assuming more on the gt from ford when the 2015 order banks open up. I must say this looks like a better buy then a Shelby if it can be had under 60k.
This may be true but at the end, resale value for the Roush can't compare with the Shelby. Roush will probably depreciate just like a regular GT.

Planeswalker

Established Member
I actually have a 2013 GT500 AND a 2013 Stage 3 Roush and could spend hours talking about the differences, but I'll just lightly touch on a few topics hit in this thread.

-Rarity: The Roush has waaaaaay less numbers produced so you will naturally see way less around. On the other side EVERYBODY knows what a Shelby is and I always get compliments everywhere I go, The Roush gets treated like just another GT except by people who actually knows what it is. At car shows my Roush always does better than the Shelby though for some reason.

-Whos faster: Stock vs Stock the Shelby will need a damn good driver and a damn good road to win against the Roush. The extra HP and especially torque are brutal on the GT500s stock tires while the Roush has better traction which makes it easier to drive. In my opinion there is no doubt that that is why the Roush wins in that video, no conspiracy here so don't get butt hurt when you lose to one! BUT, give the Shelby more reliable traction and there's zero doubt it is significantly more powerful, my wife will go WOT all day long in the Roush but the Shelby scares her even though it (now) has the better traction.

-Resale: This one is easy; the Shelby will hold value while the Roush will sink like a rock. Didn't buy either one with intention of selling it so this means nothing to me, just be sure your insurance will cover a Roush since it's VIN shows a regular GT.

-Customizability: Figured I would touch on this since it's actually important. The Shelby is already "fully" loaded and doesn't leave much room for options. You can get the Roush in any color, any stripe options, auto trans, seats, smaller brakes, etc.

-Warranty: We all mod our warranties away the first week anyways.......right?

Both are great cars and you can easily make an argument on which is better for YOU.

Users who are viewing this thread