Roush Stage 3 Aluminator Phase 3

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
rrg9946, you should be posting in the 2011 up mustang section about your car unless your just trying to get a comparison of your car vs the Shelby. if your wanting info on your car you will have more luck in our section as more of us are there. im sure we all go back and forth between rooms but if you want to get info or answers faster that is where you should post.

I would say its safe to assume he posted in here to gather the 13-14 GT500 community's thoughts about our vehicle vs the vehicle he is interested in.

rrg9946

Established Member
I would say its safe to assume he posted in here to gather the 13-14 GT500 community's thoughts about our vehicle vs the vehicle he is interested in.

That's correct. All very good points. I've owned, built and raced mustangs for many years. I love both of these vehicles. What holds me back the most is the following:
Stock Transmission
Resale Value

The pros:
Options that I wanted (engine)
Performance

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Roush has done a lot for Ford in the racing, engineering and development world. He was a racer and a accomplished business man.

Shelby has done a lot for the Car programs he's been involved with and an accomplished race car driver and business man.

Ford II has done…

Tasca has done…

Iacocca has done…

Mulally has done…

Colletti has done…

Kershaw has done…

The list goes on and on and on. Shelby is certainly historical in the car hobby and not just for Ford guys but that should not discount others that were involved in the projects or had other influences on the hobby.

Can't we all just say it's great to be a car guy? It's awesome to talk to some of the legends of car hobby and you find out they are just car guys just like you and I. They were just doing what they loved and ended up impacting the car hobby that made them legends among other car enthusiasts.

AMP GT500

Established Member
Roush has done a lot for Ford in the racing, engineering and development world. He was a racer and a accomplished business man.

Shelby has done a lot for the Car programs he's been involved with and an accomplished race car driver and business man.

Ford II has done…

Tasca has done…

Iacocca has done…

Mulally has done…

Colletti has done…

Kershaw has done…

The list goes on and on and on. Shelby is certainly historical in the car hobby and not just for Ford guys but that should not discount others that were involved in the projects or had other influences on the hobby.

Can't we all just say it's great to be a car guy? It's awesome to talk to some of the legends of car hobby and you find out they are just car guys just like you and I. They were just doing what they loved and ended up impacting the car hobby that made them legends among other car enthusiasts.

Well said!

Bllit11

Established Member
I posted in the beginning it was a very cool car and it is,but i love my shelby it all depends on what you want. Plus i can go to any ford dealership for warranty i know my dealership says the roushes have to be warrantied through roush not them. It's still a cool car though. Good luck. I watched the video the shelby driver sucked heck the way he drove my 2011 shelby could have took him just saying.

PRP

Established Member
Thought I read the Stage 3 / Phase 3 package sold for north of 80K. For that $$$$, I would look at a base GT500 & a S/S package.
Roush makes a nice package, but at the end of the day, it's a modded GT !!

So using your logic, a Super Snake is nothing more than a modded GT500.

Let's face it, the *only* thing "Shelby" on a GT500 is the lettering across the back yet Roush 'mods' every RS1, 2 & 3 built & sold.

"The Emperor has no clothes on!"

Ya, it pisses people off every time I 'go there'.

Phill

Colleton

Established Member

That's the way I see it. A modded car with a blown warranty.

Let's face it, the *only* thing "Shelby" on a GT500 is the lettering across the back yet Roush 'mods' every RS1, 2 & 3 built & sold.

Phill

I don't get what you're trying to say here. Are you upset that people consider Roush cars to be modified cars? :??:

The GT500 is built at a Ford plant. Roush cars are cars that were built at the Ford plant and then SHIPPED TO THE ROUSH PLANT FOR MODIFICATION. They're modified cars, no way around it. I know they have a warranty, I just don't know how it works.

Sdsaathoff

Established Member
That's correct. All very good points. I've owned, built and raced mustangs for many years. I love both of these vehicles. What holds me back the most is the following:
Stock Transmission
Resale Value

The pros:
Options that I wanted (engine)
Performance

Roush built a custom motor for me and tuned the suspension on my 68. Great guys and a great company...

Regarding Performance, the Roush is a better track car because of the things you mentioned. The car is also at its limits. The GT500 is a bit "detuned" as many can attest. You can get incredible performance on the GT500 if you want to take it there.

As far as resale value, roush cars do not hold their value like a Cobra or GT500 historically. Just check eBay and compare. Also, if your car is wrecked or stolen, expect used GT money, not Cobra or GT500 money... You are paying shelby money for a GT. The only exception would be if the Roush dealer gave you big money for the Roush in a few years, but you are going to have to trust him because KBB and NADA do not have values for "Roush" cars...

MNCobra

Established Member
OP...I have owned 2 Roush cars (2011 5xr/2013 RS3)...bought at Skillmans and traded back in to them without any issues on value...I bought my Shelby before the Aluminators where out and there are times I wished I had known they were coming because I would have went that way instead of the GT500...I even thought about trading the Shelby in for one but I have since changed my mind mainly do to resale and performance....I am sure you will love your Roush when you get it...Alibi and I had a interesting discussion on Roush cars back in the day in another forum...:poke: its all good...at the end of the day if your happy than that's all that matters...enjoy your car and post some pictures when you get it...

Last edited:

rrg9946

Established Member
Cars are all about likes. I like the fact that the two cars get noticed where ever they go because of what they are, American Engineering at its best. Skillman Ford is helping me with the process. They are very good to deal with. As far as resale I was told that if I ever wanted to trade in they would take the car with minimal discount other than what mileage would dictate.

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Cars are all about likes. I like the fact that the two cars get noticed where ever they go because of what they are, American Engineering at its best. Skillman Ford is helping me with the process. They are very good to deal with. As far as resale I was told that if I ever wanted to trade in they would take the car with minimal discount other than what mileage would dictate.

Fwiw, many dealers will tell you whatever you want to hear during the sale. I've had customers come to me after purchasing previous vehicles from other stores with all kinds of crazy impossible promises. One lady came to me saying after I asked her how many miles she needed on her new lease, "Oh well the last dealership told me my next lease would be unlimited mileage because of the price I paid." :dw::dw::eek::eek::lol1::lol1:

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
OP...I have owned 2 Roush cars (2011 5xr/2013 RS3)...bought at Skillmans and traded back in to them without any issues on value...I bought my Shelby before the Aluminators where out and there are times I wished I had known they were coming because I would have went that way instead of the GT500...I even thought about trading the Shelby in for one but I have since changed my mind mainly do to resale and performance....I am sure you will love your Roush when you get it...Alibi and I had a interesting discussion on Roush cars back in the day in another forum...:poke: its all good...at the end of the day if your happy than that's all that matters...enjoy your car and post some pictures when you get it...
Funny you should post, I was thinking about that thread on the BMC site. I must have been the only one who tried to steer you toward a Shelby. The rest of the site voted for the Roush.
................Getting back to the OP, it is his money, he is the only one who has to be happy or unhappy with his choice.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Funny you should post, I was thinking about that thread on the BMC site. I must have been the only one who tried to steer you toward a Shelby. The rest of the site voted for the Roush.
................Getting back to the OP, it is his money, he is the only one who has to be happy or unhappy with his choice.

I would agree with you. There's no "book value" for Roush or Saleen models. It's only a GT or 6cyl as far as they're concerned.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Phill
A Super Snake is a " post title " modded GT500, that would be a correct statement.
....................( S/S packages contain a lot of fluff for the $$$$$ )

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
They are nice cars...I have seen quite a few at the Steeda roundup. Only thing is that they charge a lot for them, but come trade in, the dealer says, it a GT....Buddy of mines went thru that. I guess its best if you try to trade in at a Roush dealer...at least then you can get fair trade in.

But all in all they look nice. The same with a Saleen or any other aftermarket style Mustang.

phil123

Established Member
I have a 13 Shelby and love it but seems like the Roush terminator is also a great car. Outside of resale my concerns with the Roush would be warranty and service. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area but the closest Roush dealer is sixty miles away. The idea of a sixty mile trip for warranty service is not appealing. I can bring the Shelby to any Ford dealer I trust. My Shelby is a Daily Driver and covered by a Ford seven year extended warranty and service agreement which covers brake and clutch pads, purchased online at very attractive rates. I don't believe this would be possible with a Roush and if something happens on these cars it won't be cheap. If Roush ever ran into financial problems I would guess you would have no warranty.

Car and Driver didn't seem overly impressed with the stage 3 here is a link.

2014 Roush Stage 3 Ford Mustang Test – Review – Car and Driver

MNCobra

Established Member

funny how I finally came around...I still like the Roush cars though and if I had the $$ I would buy another...

MNCobra

Established Member

I still feel like my Roush cars got more attention...always came out of a store or driving around would get asked about the car...only attention I got in the Shelby was a cop at the gas station asking me how liked the Shelby and how long it took me to be able to buy one....both cars are great and I am sure you will enjoy the car...John and the boys at Skillmans will help you with any issues, great experiences with them...I even bought my Shelby from them...enjoy your ride...

makevelie187

Established Member
The car will be under warranty so unless your keeping it longer than 3 years then I wouldn't worry about the tranny. Then If you do keep it buy and extended warranty. It's that simple.

Something else to consider: my buddy just bought a 2012 stage 3 roush for 40k, even though there is one year left on the warranty he bought an extended one $2500, bought the "phase 3 upgrade" from roush $1500. Puts it at 675hp/585tq flywheel. All while under the warranty since it's from roush even at that power lvl. Tranny blows? That's what your warranty is for. But that's the most that roush offers so if you want more power then you'll have to go a different direction. My buddy spent around 50k after everything and has the same power and warranty as your looking at. Yea it doesn't have the aluminator motor but you have a warranty for that.

Then for that price you can get a 2013 gt500 though which is what my choice would be with the better tranny. Decisions:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread