roush or kenne bell

kevinp

Established Member
i dont think anyone is buying a supercharger just because it looks cool. i think alot of guys want more power and dont want the engine bay to look like a thrown together piece of junk. i guess its cool if you dont care what your supercharger looks like, you are easy to please. not many share your same point of view. :bored:

Tell me what new 5.0 supercharger system looks like thrown together junk? I may have low 'looks' standards but they all look pretty good to me.

So far they all seem to perform pretty well also.

Some people may buy just for looks, some people may buy just for sound, some people may buy just because of the brand name, but the majority buy because of price/performance/reliability. If you are building a show car thats one thing, I keep under my hood clean but I can care less if its billet or polished stainless. I care about the engineering that went into it as well.

And to that I will say the KB is a good looking blower, and no doubt they perform well, cant go wrong with any of them IMO.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Don't rule out the centrificals. Especially if you plan on building the bottom end.

The quickest cars are all centrifical cars.

Less cost, less heat soak!

kingnut

Established Member
Tell me what new 5.0 supercharger system looks like thrown together junk? I may have low 'looks' standards but they all look pretty good to me.

So far they all seem to perform pretty well also.

Some people may buy just for looks, some people may buy just for sound, some people may buy just because of the brand name, but the majority buy because of price/performance/reliability. If you are building a show car thats one thing, I keep under my hood clean but I can care less if its billet or polished stainless. I care about the engineering that went into it as well.

And to that I will say the KB is a good looking blower, and no doubt they perform well, cant go wrong with any of them IMO.

Hey man whatever point you are trying to get across to yourself you won it. Read this thread and see how many people care about the looks of their superchargers. Dont reply back to this because i really dont care.

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
Mine whines.

[youtube_browser]oIOyZb8BBbs[/youtube_browser]

From what little bit my slow internet would let me hear it sounds amazing. Why do some whine and some dont? I thought all KB had the same lobes in them.

kingnut

Established Member
My 03 Cobra ran it's ass off with the 2.8H. There awesome blowers but in this case for a true street car I like the TVS. I like that it's silent and a very nice compact kit.
I also felt that the KB ran very hot aspecially in traffic in this Fl heat. Heat soak was a huge problem thats why I ran a small shot (50hp) of juice on my car.

The tvs run that much cooler than the twin screw? Especially the KB with liquid cooling?

kingnut

Established Member
I was told by one of the vendors to get the KB over the Roush because it ran much cooler.

seems like it should considering the in and out coolant lines. still i think the 2.3 tvs blowers are perfect for those staying with stock internals. also easier to turn. i wish KB made a 2.3 twin screw for the 5.0.

Last edited:

t01lightning

Established Member
Get a paxton kit. Huge intercooler and unlike procharger and vortech the head unit in the base package will make over 1000 horsepower. I feel anytime you get into boost mpg suffers. A centrifugal drives more like stock and is made to be revved high which compliments the 5.0 the sound is second to none at idle and if you really want it to scream i think jpc or someone has an 8 or 10 rib conversion. Beefcake probably knows slot more on this kit and others in case my info on the pulley set up is off.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Get a paxton kit. Huge intercooler and unlike procharger and vortech the head unit in the base package will make over 1000 horsepower. I feel anytime you get into boost mpg suffers. A centrifugal drives more like stock and is made to be revved high which compliments the 5.0 the sound is second to none at idle and if you really want it to scream i think jpc or someone has an 8 or 10 rib conversion. Beefcake probably knows slot more on this kit and others in case my info on the pulley set up is off.

I am making 960rwhp with that same head unit that comes with the system on 6 ribs, and that is down 1 point in compression.

iat's rarely see over 140's at the track.

kevinp

Established Member
Hey man whatever point you are trying to get across to yourself you won it. Read this thread and see how many people care about the looks of their superchargers. Dont reply back to this because i really dont care.

Like any one really cares what you you have to say as well, this is an open forum you know, you can always put me on ignore if you dont want to read it lol.

Never once in 32 years of doing this stuff has any one asked me to put the coolest looking blower on their car, simple and true point whether you want to hear it or not.

Last edited:

slyguy

Established Member
Question

I have a Roushcharger and the engineering is top notch and the kit looks OEM. I have a VMP tune and 82mm pulley and the car drives like its stock. I could let you fire it up, drive it around, and you would never know the Roushcharger is there........until you punch it!!!!:beer:

Where did you get that strut tower brace?

I'm looking at Whipple vs KB. I think I've decided against the KB because of the holes you have to cut in the fender.

I had a Whipple before (on an Expedition, if you can believe that) and it was awesome, but I like KB too.

I guess I'd rather do some grinding on the timing cover than cut those big-ass holes in the fender...

Mine's a daily driver, so the most I'm looking at is 600 at the wheels. Nothing too crazy... ;-)

I have a vert, so I need to keep a tower brace.

By mtstvnsn at 2012-03-04

Where did you get that strut tower brace?

I'm looking at Whipple vs KB. I think I've decided against the KB because of the holes you have to cut in the fender.

I had a Whipple before (on an Expedition, if you can believe that) and it was awesome, but I like KB too.

I guess I'd rather do some grinding on the timing cover than cut those big-ass holes in the fender...

Mine's a daily driver, so the most I'm looking at is 600 at the wheels. Nothing too crazy... ;-)

I have a vert, so I need to keep a tower brace.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

I was making 960hp back in 1992 with a T Trim Vortech. That was on a 10 rib setup with a blower brace to help out with flexing. (The blower brackets sucked back then) I still like the positive blower on these cars. As for Centrifugals being faster they are on all out race cars.
As for running low 9s a built motored TVS car can do it all day long also.

I am making 960rwhp with that same head unit that comes with the system on 6 ribs, and that is down 1 point in compression.

iat's rarely see over 140's at the track.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Like any one really cares what you you have to say as well, this is an open forum you know, you can always put me on ignore if you dont want to read it lol.

Never once in 32 years of doing this stuff has any one asked me to put the coolest looking blower on their car, simple and true point whether you want to hear it or not.

Amen and well put. If I were to buy a blower, the concerns would be:

1. Bang for the buck;
2. Ease of install;
3. Reliability;
4. Appearance

I personally think the Roush looks better than the KB. It looks like a blower, whereas the KB looks like a billet block. But, really, I don't care. I would buy the Roush, KB, Paxton, Pro-Charger, Edelbrock, Magnacharger.....whatever fulfilled my needs best.

Mike

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I was making 960hp back in 1992 with a T Trim Vortech. That was on a 10 rib setup with a blower brace to help out with flexing. (The blower brackets sucked back then) I still like the positive blower on these cars. As for Centrifugals being faster they are on all out race cars.
As for running low 9s a built motored TVS car can do it all day long also.

really? i have yet to see a low 9 second tvs car... Unless I missed it somewhere.

seems like the tvs' kind of petered out about a year ago. I haven't heard of one really picking up any e.t.'s in the last year

As far as "all out race cars", my car went [email protected] on the same drag radials and pump e85 that i drive on every day.

a/c, back up cam, epas, stereo, factory 6 spd auto, 3.55 gear, gets nearly 20mpg hwy on e85, ect....

It is as far from an all out racecar as any other 5.0 out there. I can hop in the car and drive it 2, 4, 8 hours without any issue.

Sunday before last I spent 2 1/2 hours in it.

Not to mention, the centri is probably 2/3 of the price

kevinp

Established Member
Amen and well put. If I were to buy a blower, the concerns would be:

1. Bang for the buck;
2. Ease of install;
3. Reliability;
4. Appearance

I personally think the Roush looks better than the KB. It looks like a blower, whereas the KB looks like a billet block. But, really, I don't care. I would buy the Roush, KB, Paxton, Pro-Charger, Edelbrock, Magnacharger.....whatever fulfilled my needs best.

Mike

I never really thought about the looks, but if you had some other billet stuff under the hood the hood the KB would look pretty nice, polished it looks pretty good as well if you are doing the shiny underhood thing. But yea the TVS looks good to me, I like the stockish look.

Like I said before it really depends on what you end goal is, you are looking at spending 4500.00 + on something you really dont even need so if its the looks, sound color or name, go for it.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member

I never said I would buy a kit based on looks as has been implied. But when there are three different blowers that make more or less the same HP, and one of them looks to me like a big ol' blocky turd, I might stay away from it. It's really nothing to get wound up about, just some guy's random opinion.

kevinp

Established Member
I never said I would buy a kit based on looks as has been implied. But when there are three different blowers that make more or less the same HP, and one of them looks to me like a big ol' blocky turd, I might stay away from it. It's really nothing to get wound up about, just some guy's random opinion.

I'm not wound up lol.

I agree, myself I wouldnt mind having any of the presently available superchargers on my car, they all look OK to me..

Users who are viewing this thread