roush or kenne bell

black5.0

Established Member
I can't speak from personal experience, but I've read more posts about people with a Roush than a KB, The Roush has a really nice stock looking appearance to it.

2011redcandy

Established Member
By stock you mean ugly cast outdated case. Look at the black Billet that KB is sweeeet.

KB comes standard with a dual pass HE.....has endless potential....looks better.....its a no brainer

Last edited:

kevinp

Established Member
By stock you mean ugly cast outdated case. Look at the black Billet that KB is sweeeet.

KB comes standard with a dual pass HE.....has endless potential....looks better.....its a no brainer

Sure, 'stock' means looks like something that came on the car stock, personally I can care less if it looks like two tomato soup cans duct taped together as long as it works as advertised - its under the hood.

Maybe the KB needs a bigger heat exchanger because its a bigger blower and makes more heat?

Not really sure what the argument is, you cannot compare a 2.3 to a 2.8, of course the 2.8 makes more power. But either the 2.3 TVS or Whipple move enough air to blow up a stock engine and put a fairly stock car in the 9s,

You want efficiency? Put a turbo, or better yet, two turbos on it.

kevinp

Established Member
I can't speak from personal experience, but I've read more posts about people with a Roush than a KB, The Roush has a really nice stock looking appearance to it.

Roush is popular because it just plain works as advertised, there are solid aftermarket tunes out there for it and its reasonably priced.

I'm sure the KB works fine as well, when I bought mine it was either Roush/FRPP, the smaller Vortech or procharger so I didnt have a big choice.

If I were buying today not sure what I would buy, but I have no regrets buying the Roush.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I don't like the look of the KB. It's a big old angular brick with some random 70's text blue stickers hanging off the sides. The Roush and Whipple look a lot more at home.

davidbcasey

Established Member
I don't like the look of the KB. It's a big old angular brick with some random 70's text blue stickers hanging off the sides. The Roush and Whipple look a lot more at home.

If you base your decision to buy a supercharger based mainly on its looks, then your opinion isnt valid. :??:

I just put the KB on my car with the 10psi pulley and it is impressive to say the least. I have some tuning tweaks left to do to have it running perfect...

I personally think that any FI for these cars will make you happy. Just pic one and make it happen.

kingnut

Established Member
personally I can care less if it looks like two tomato soup cans duct taped together as long as it works as advertised

i couldnt disagree more. there are to many choices to settle for a supercharger that looks like shit. thats why no one is buying magnachargers for the 5.0. it simply looks goofy. the KB and roush both look great.

kingnut

Established Member
If you base your decision to buy a supercharger based mainly on its looks, then your opinion isnt valid. :??:

I just put the KB on my car with the 10psi pulley and it is impressive to say the least. I have some tuning tweaks left to do to have it running perfect...

I personally think that any FI for these cars will make you happy. Just pic one and make it happen.

he simply said he doesnt like the way it looks and your getting defensive because you own one. :burn:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
The KB has way more potential down the road! If you plan on a built motor, the KB is a no brainer. Why spend the money twice?

Here's my 3.6 LC KB on a 5.0.

engine2.jpg

TheYeti

Established Member
I have a problem taking the time to keep my engine bay clean. I think with that SC, I would made the extra effort to. Gotta love the mammoth logo as well.

kevinp

Established Member
i couldnt disagree more. there are to many choices to settle for a supercharger that looks like shit. thats why no one is buying magnachargers for the 5.0. it simply looks goofy. the KB and roush both look great.

I dunno, my last couple cars you couldnt even see the superchargers on and I was more than happy with them. Thats not why I would buy one but I'm sure some buy them for the looks.

I've seen some pretty crappy looking mass produced blower setups over the years, I think all the blowers for the new 5.0 look pretty decent. The magnacharger is goofy looking for sure but I bet it it was 1000.00 less than a KB/Roush/whipple and performed as well a lot of people would have one.

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
The KB doesnt have any whine correct?

correct. mine is all but silent from inside the car and is only faintly heard if i am getting on it and coming towards you. i have a friend with the same 2.8 on a built 5.0 at 16 psi and his is silent as well.

i wish i could get it to scream like the eatons or the old KB's would

kingnut

Established Member
correct. mine is all but silent from inside the car and is only faintly heard if i am getting on it and coming towards you. i have a friend with the same 2.8 on a built 5.0 at 16 psi and his is silent as well.

i wish i could get it to scream like the eatons or the old KB's would

so sad. i remember watching youtube videos of KB termi's non stop just to hear that sweet sexy whine.

kingnut

Established Member
I dunno, my last couple cars you couldnt even see the superchargers on and I was more than happy with them. Thats not why I would buy one but I'm sure some buy them for the looks.

I've seen some pretty crappy looking mass produced blower setups over the years, I think all the blowers for the new 5.0 look pretty decent. The magnacharger is goofy looking for sure but I bet it it was 1000.00 less than a KB/Roush/whipple and performed as well a lot of people would have one.

i dont think anyone is buying a supercharger just because it looks cool. i think alot of guys want more power and dont want the engine bay to look like a thrown together piece of junk. i guess its cool if you dont care what your supercharger looks like, you are easy to please. not many share your same point of view. :bored:

grnenvy

Established Member
My 03 Cobra ran it's ass off with the 2.8H. There awesome blowers but in this case for a true street car I like the TVS. I like that it's silent and a very nice compact kit.
I also felt that the KB ran very hot aspecially in traffic in this Fl heat. Heat soak was a huge problem thats why I ran a small shot (50hp) of juice on my car.

NinjaBum

Established Member
i dont think anyone is buying a supercharger just because it looks cool. i think alot of guys want more power and dont want the engine bay to look like a thrown together piece of junk. i guess its cool if you dont care what your supercharger looks like, you are easy to please. not many share your same point of view. :bored:

On the contrary, there is a guy around these parts who has a 2010 GT who bought a whipple just so he could say it's whippled. He cheaped out and got the lower tier version without the additional cooling and only puts out like 330rwhp. Pretty sad he still gets raped by stock 5.0's. Whatever your thing is, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread