Roush charger or procharger stage II kit?

jj6077

Established Member
If you don't mind, what pressure was that on the whipple kit? Also do you guys have anything in way of a kit or parts (hat/pumps/injectors/lines/rails) that you suggest/sell for e85 at this level. I'm still looking around for what others are doing for dependable fuel systems for daily drivers at this level on e85. I would love to make the move to e85 before my local track opens back up in spring.

I would like to know about this as well. I plan on going 2.9 whipple kit running e85. I drive long distance trips (2000+ miles) every few months.

nix5o

Established Member
Its not a common problem, just one clown that made a big deal when he couldn't follow his installation instructions. I've seen several kits installed with out issues.

grnenvy

Established Member
Yes

There yeah have it another PD blower going fast!! Nice Job!1
He had a ProCharger on the car before this running low 11s.

We had one of our customers drive his 5.0 to Atco last friday (2 hour drive), air his tires down, and run a 10.02.

Mods are Whipple kit, fuel system running e85, 17" drag radials and skinnies up front, couple suspension bits and roll cage. Would have been a 9 but the clutches in he diff gave out.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

TQ hasn't hurt my trans yet. This is one bad ass Trans. If I do burn it up I'll just put another one in. The trans tune has alot to do how long the trans will last. Having to much TQ is a good thing.

I agree that TVS puts out like 125 more foot pounds of torque over the ATI supercharger. Somewhere i read up on each and every blower kit out there and the procharger was the least amount of torque, but made similar peak horsepower thats safe on 93 pump gas.

But, if you have a automatic torque is what kills the transmission. Those low end grunts are what starts the trans slipping. I think if someone bought a D1SC procharger and had it wastegated, there is enough power that blower can make it will bend stock rods.

Once a fresh built shortblock is built, what upgrades can you do to a TVS to make more power and keep the air inlet temps in check? Doesnt it get hotter and hotter with each smaller pulley?

With the Procharger, add more boost and i think it will overcome the TVS and not kill the trans with all that torque. The D1SC is capable of high boost and cool temps.

The other day i turned my traction control fully off, floored it from a 30 punch and blew the tires away uncontrollably thru most of 2nd gear. First thought in my mind was.. WHY do i want a supercharger if it cant hook on these tires now... Guess i need drag radials with the blower, nobody makes 19 inch drag radials, so now i need wheels, tires, and the blower..

Take it easy

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
If you don't mind, what pressure was that on the whipple kit? Also do you guys have anything in way of a kit or parts (hat/pumps/injectors/lines/rails) that you suggest/sell for e85 at this level. I'm still looking around for what others are doing for dependable fuel systems for daily drivers at this level on e85. I would love to make the move to e85 before my local track opens back up in spring.

I believe it was around 12lbs boost. If you want, give us a call here at the shop and talk to Fred, he can tell you everything needed to setup for the e85 fuel system. 610 485 3596

Bud

Established Member
I believe it was around 12lbs boost. If you want, give us a call here at the shop and talk to Fred, he can tell you everything needed to setup for the e85 fuel system. 610 485 3596

Thanks! I won't be changing anything until after the holidays but will ring in and chat with Fred after the 1st of the year about what you guys offer/suggest.

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
I am currently in this same dilemma. I hear that you need a converter to truely take advantage of a centrifical set up? Thats an extra 1k..My goal is high 10's(6.99 in the 1/8th)..

try03venom

Established Member
We had one of our customers drive his 5.0 to Atco last friday (2 hour drive), air his tires down, and run a 10.02.

Mods are Whipple kit, fuel system running e85, 17" drag radials and skinnies up front, couple suspension bits and roll cage. Would have been a 9 but the clutches in he diff gave out.

thats sick! any videos? :rockon:

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
No unfortunately not. There are videos of another one running 9's on ET streets from last year,.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/siqUezuWSyE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Users who are viewing this thread