Rottweiler Almost Mauls Child

RSbeast

Established Member
...no, it got better lolol.

Now we know you are for real man. Damn. Thanks for warning us and all the worlds bad guys that post and lurk SVTP. I'm sure you will be safe forever now.

What a joke.

lxboy

Established Member
guys guys everyone calm down. You got to feel bad for the kid (we have all been chased by the neighborhood dog) he was scarred shitless.

Ya'll never seen a dog get ahold of someone's shirt or pants and play tug of war? This dog was not agressive at all, look at his posture afterwards. Tail wagging looking around like "hey whats up, whats goin on is there a cat or somethin?"

The screaming child (not his fault) and swarming of people made it seem worse than it actually was.

ViciousJay

Established Member
No one knows the story and humans are dumber then dogs these days, owner was int he wrong for not hold the dog at a guard, maybe the kid did something to the dog. Without knowing the full story lets end this.

Nick_B95GT

Established Member
probably more the owner of the dog then the dogs fault,,but i wouldve choked the shit out of that dog to get it off the kid

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah... Thats a crappy situation for the kid. If it was my kid, i would have done my best to neutralize the dog. Even if it was playing (it appeared to me he actually was, by tugging and wagging his tail), you just never know when shit might just get real!

beeradd

Established Member
I have owned many rots. When they are young that is how they play. Ankle biting, wrestling, etc. The situation caused alot of excitement and yes the first thing should have been a chuck norris kick right into the dog, followed by a quick ass beating and total domination. The owner should not be taking the dog into public if it has not been properly socialized and trained.
Owners like this along with people who overreact are what give these breeds a bad name. I think Rots are a wonderful family dog, it justs takes someone responsible to own one.

Serbian6er

Established Member
look at the tail of the dog
hes not angry
just playing thats all
i have a rottweiler, they arent gentle by any means when playing
hes only rough plays with me, and the only thing he'll do to a kid is lick him to death lol

i dont think this dog was meaning to hurt, just the fact that owner didnt have any control over it is sad though
i walk mine through parks no leash and he listens
this dude obbiously hasnt though him to let go of something when said so

jleews6

Established Member
I have owned many rots. When they are young that is how they play. Ankle biting, wrestling, etc. The situation caused alot of excitement and yes the first thing should have been a chuck norris kick right into the dog, followed by a quick ass beating and total domination. The owner should not be taking the dog into public if it has not been properly socialized and trained.
Owners like this along with people who overreact are what give these breeds a bad name. I think Rots are a wonderful family dog, it justs takes someone responsible to own one.

I agree. I have also owned allot of Rotts and my kids have grown up with one and I can say that this video to me looks just like a puppy playing. When my kids were small that is how she would play with them and trust me you can tell the difference when a Rott is in protect or attack mode or play mode.
When my boys were small my dog would play rough with my younger son and they would wrestle and roll around all day. My older son spent allot of his younger years sick and fighting cancer and she would play totally different with him. She was so gental and soft with him that you could see that she was making sure not to hurt him and she slept at the foot of his bed every night when he was not in the hospital.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
look at the tail of the dog
hes not angry
just playing thats all
i have a rottweiler, they arent gentle by any means when playing
hes only rough plays with me, and the only thing he'll do to a kid is lick him to death lol

i dont think this dog was meaning to hurt, just the fact that owner didnt have any control over it is sad though
i walk mine through parks no leash and he listens
this dude obbiously hasnt though him to let go of something when said so

I agree. I have also owned allot of Rotts and my kids have grown up with one and I can say that this video to me looks just like a puppy playing. When my kids were small that is how she would play with them and trust me you can tell the difference when a Rott is in protect or attack mode or play mode.
When my boys were small my dog would play rough with my younger son and they would wrestle and roll around all day. My older son spent allot of his younger years sick and fighting cancer and she would play totally different with him. She was so gental and soft with him that you could see that she was making sure not to hurt him and she slept at the foot of his bed every night when he was not in the hospital.

So knowing all this what would be your reaction to a strangers dog doing your child like this in a public place?

jleews6

Established Member
So knowing all this what would be your reaction to a strangers dog doing your child like this in a public place?

I would have had that dog off my kid in about two seconds and I would have told the owner that he is an idiot "asshole" for letting his dog act like that on a strange kid. How ever when I take my dogs out in public kids can crawl all over her and she will just enjoy the company and be very gental because she was taught the right way to act with other people.
When my kids were younger every kid in the neiborhood would come over my house to play football and my dog would always be right in the middle of it including tackling them. She was in heaven when all the kids were over.

Serbian6er

Established Member

grab the dog, and smack him on the mouth to let go
theres no need to kick, stab, shoot like some people said, thats a lil outta hand
offcourse u protect ur kid over anything
u saw what happened when he got smacked in the mouth, let go real quick

theres certain areas u can grab aswell that will hurt the dog, to let go

i mean i think the people yelling, kid screaming ever excited the dog more, but if u just grab him, smack his mouth that wouldve been over right away

and if the owner trained his dog in the first place, he would know not just to grab a random kid and play with him

i understand its a kid, and this might traumatize him, but lets hope it doesnt, and lets hope people understand difference between a dog mauling and a dog playing

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
I would have had that dog off my kid in about two seconds and I would have told the owner that he is an idiot "asshole" for letting his dog act like that on a strange kid. How ever when I take my dogs out in public kids can crawl all over her and she will just enjoy the company and be very gental because she was taught the right way to act with other people.
When my kids were younger every kid in the neiborhood would come over my house to play football and my dog would always be right in the middle of it including tackling them. She was in heaven when all the kids were over.

Yeah yeah everyone thinks their dog will never do any wrong and you would instantly chuck norris death kick any other owners dog if it bit you.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Horrible situation for both the kid's parents and the dog owner but can't know exactly who's "fault" it was without seeing how it all started. I have to say the dog didn't look like he was trying to hurt/kill the kid but that isn't to say that couldn't have happened regardless of the dog's "intentions." The owner of the dog is ultimately responsible. As the owner of two large dogs (Mastiff and Dane) I hate to see this happen.

Users who are viewing this thread