Rocky Mountain High Mile Racing in Colorado September 4-6

Bad Company

Established Member
Hey Van

What are the rules for safety requirements on the cars. I don't seem to be able to find anything about this on the website.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I'm debating going. They're asking for personal doctor info and I haven't been since relocating to Colorado so we'll see. Registration opens this week so I need to figure it out ASAP.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I'm debating going. They're asking for personal doctor info and I haven't been since relocating to Colorado so we'll see. Registration opens this week so I need to figure it out ASAP.
Registration opened yesterday. As of tonight, 145 (of 220) spots remain.

Awesome! Looking into it now.
+1.

Van@RevanRacing

That's just for your well being and for that of their well being in being able to contact a physician in the event of an emergency. My suggestion would be to simply select a primary care physician and put them down. Or you can put down your last physician. When I race in Texas I put down my Primary Care here in Florida. Whomever has your medical records is who you should list.

Bad Company

Established Member
Same Safety Regulations as that of the Texas Mile.
Thanks Van. At this time I doubt my car will be finished for this event. I also think I should upgrade the rear axles, while also converting to the Torino 9" style wheel bearings. So at least if there is an axle failure, the axle and tires stay on the car. Would you know of anybody that makes a set of aftermarket caliper brackets to retain the larger stock 2013-14 brake rotors and calipers while doing the Torino 9" axle bearing and retainer plate conversion ?

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks Van. At this time I doubt my car will be finished for this event. I also think I should upgrade the rear axles, while also converting to the Torino 9" style wheel bearings. So at least if there is an axle failure, the axle and tires stay on the car. Would you know of anybody that makes a set of aftermarket caliper brackets to retain the larger stock 2013-14 brake rotors and calipers while doing the Torino 9" axle bearing and retainer plate conversion ?

I do not.

Bad Company

Established Member
I do not.
Thanks

Currie Enterprises makes a caliper mounting bracket to retain the stock calipers with the 9" axle bearings housings, but it utilizes the smaller 12.8" diameter rotors of the 05-12 model year cars. The only other alternatives that I seem to be finding that uses a 14" diameter rotor seems to be a complete full floater hub conversion from Baer Brakes or a 9" axle bearing conversion that CorteX Racing utilizing a Brembo brake kit with Currie supplying the axles. CorteX is using Currie for the axle housing modification and Currie is requiring CorteX customers to buy a complete new axle housing to start the project. Both of these conversions are expensive with total costs being roughly $9K for each of them. Also the Baer full floater conversion uses a double splined axle that is free to float in and out from the floater wheel hub to differential. The problem with this is the axle can move inward too far and destroy the differential if you're using a Gleason or Wavetrac. Baer is working on a solution, but it is months away from being available for purchase

I was hoping you knew of a simpler and less costly alternative to retain the stock rear 13.8" rotors and calipers for matching the larger 15" brakes on the front of the 13/14 cars, while eliminating the stock 8.8 C-clip axle retention system for safety.

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The '07-'12 brakes are interchangable with the '13-'14 brakes, so I can't imagine if Currie is employing the OEM hardware to the housing that you couldn't swap components. To upgrade my 2012 to 2013 rear brakes, I just needed the OEM backing plate and larger rotors. The 2012 calipers fit with no issues.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Van, I sure there is some power loss with the higher altitude. Any idea how much slower cars run up there vs. Beeville?

Users who are viewing this thread