Roasted Clutch and Inadequate Stock Fuel Pumps but Still a Good Run

Avispa

Established Member
Dynoed the yellow beast a week ago Sunday. Clutch was slipping all the way, and we had to cut the run short at 5750 or so because we were running out of fuel pump. Once those are fixed I think we have a 600 rwhp car for sure. JDM has the timing cranked back to 17 degrees so there's even more available, but it is the DD and I can get a watered down tank of gas every now and then. No need to blow it apart for 20 HP I can't even use.

All you could hear was blower whine. It totally covered up any exhaust sound.

Scan010.jpg

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
That was with stock fuel pumps, stock injectors and no boost-a-pump???

Seriously??:shrug::dw: WOW!

I am surprised you even attempted to run that much boost that way.

Last edited:

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Stock injectors are only rated at 530 and I would be scared to go that high. Hope everything is still ok.

cobracide

Established Member
Dude you are nuts. Chill out or that engine will be toast quick. Oh, and that was a GOOD run? Hate to see a bad one.

Last edited:

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
If your sig is current you're choking your car by still running the stock exhaust. Free that flow up!

-Eric

V8DER

04 Teminator
Established Member
Are u trying to window the block on that thing?.......... Why would u spend $2.5-3k dollars on a twin screw and then cut corners on fuel for it?:nonono: Don't you want to get maximum potential out of it and make it safe? Even if you didn't have the bread for fuel mods right now and were planning on installing them it's still retarded to slap that Whipple on w/ no supporting, dyno it, and hope for the best.....BUT it's not my whip so do what u want. Good luck:beer:

Avispa

Established Member
It's had 60# injectors and an SCT 2400 MAF since the blower install. It checked out perfectly on the dyno with the 3.5 inch pulley (only 16# of boost) - FPDM duty cycle was in the mid 90s and had plenty of fuel pressure. No lean out at all at 545 rwhp/6500RPM.

The whole purpose of the dyno run was to confirm whether the stock fuel pumps were up to the job with the 3.0 pulley, and if not, where's the safe cutoff for DD purposes until I get the fuel pump issue straightened out. Didn't the fact that we stopped the run when we ran out of fuel pump make that clear to you?

And yeah, this was an excellent run for testing purposes. It'll be a slam dunk 600 rwhp DD with a couple of items properly fixed. With stock exhaust.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
I am glad you are good, looking at your sig made us think you were doing dangerous stuff.

Avispa

Established Member
I do plenty of stupid stuff, but never dangerous. I'll pay for a dyno session any time something on the motor gets changed. It's a whole lot cheaper than a new motor.

Avispa

Established Member
New fuel pump setup coming from JDM Engineering

JDM Engineering is building me a replacement fuel pump assembly with two 05-09 Mustang GT pumps in a stock Cobra cartridge with stock fuel hat. Was told it will support 800 flywheel HP (400 per pump) and does not need a modified FPDM.

Will post dyno results after installation.

GoatSlayer

Banned
JDM Engineering is building me a replacement fuel pump assembly with two 05-09 Mustang GT pumps in a stock Cobra cartridge with stock fuel hat. Was told it will support 800 flywheel HP (400 per pump) and does not need a modified FPDM.

Are the 05-09 GT mustang 255lph or something?:??::dw::dw::dw::dw::dw:

Quick Strike

Established Member

Why not just add a BAP? Seems like that would be much cheaper and still meet your goals.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member

I'm familiar with JDM and they have a pretty good reputation. But this fuel setup just sounds a little crazy to me. Why not just go with Ford GT pumps and a Fore hat (or even a stock hat with a little modification)? I know for a fact this setup works. Their are quite a few other Cobra's with the same setup.

Users who are viewing this thread