Road trip!

StiEtr

Established Member
Driving from Texas to Georgia on the 24th. I will be taking the cobra and was wondering if there is anything I should do to prepare. Can I tape the front end to avoid rock chips? Will the tape hurt the paint if I use painters tape? If I can how many layers should I use.

Also I will be taking I20 if anyone wants to hang out and get some food along the way.

4601S/C

Established Member
Get some clear plasti-dip or some clear racing tape for the rock chips.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It will help if you avoid driving behind trucks, especially big rigs, as much as possible. I did this routinely and the front end of my '03 Cobra looked showroom new when I sold it. And that was with a few trips from CT to central PA, NY, ME, NH, NJ. I know your trip is longer, but this will help.

StiEtr

Established Member
It will help if you avoid driving behind trucks, especially big rigs, as much as possible. I did this routinely and the front end of my '03 Cobra looked showroom new when I sold it. And that was with a few trips from CT to central PA, NY, ME, NH, NJ. I know your trip is longer, but this will help.

Thanks man I will be sure to do that. I believe you know this car. A guy named Mark owned it. He lived in Maryland.

4601S/C

Established Member
Does it come off clean when you remove it?

How much will one roll cover?

I use it during autocross days. We're out there for HOURS and it always peels off clean. It designed to do that though. It does cling really well too. I always cover sections on my front bumper, ends of the rocker panels, and behind the rear tires. I have done 2 events with the tape and I'll probably have to skimp a bit to make the rest of the roll last another event. I don't layer the tape either, as it's quite thick.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks man I will be sure to do that. I believe you know this car. A guy named Mark owned it. He lived in Maryland.

Do you know his last name, and do you have any pics of your car you can post?

StiEtr

Established Member
Do you know his last name, and do you have any pics of your car you can post?

No on the last name. I can check when I get home. Car was tuned by Herman years ago. Used to have black FR500's here is a shot now.
hededepu.jpg

He has a red/silver GT500 now.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Get green or blue painters tape. 1 layer. works great! You can find it at any local auto parts store.

422023_10151426210621121_357303872_n_zps1f8e44f6.jpg

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
no problem, that picture was taken in the middle of the tape job so it looks kind of sloppy here. Worked like a charm though, and best of all no left over residue.

StiEtr

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread