Road & Track 2016 Performance car of the year

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Yesterday I received my Dec 15/Jan 16 issue of Road & Track and in that issue there is an article on the 2016 Performance Car of the year. The cars and tested prices are as follows:

$341,025 2015 Bentley Continental GT3-R
$ 74,360 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe
$ 98,360 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
$149,290 2016 Dodge Viper ACR
$347,942 2016 Ferrari 488 GTB
$ 67,465 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350R
$156,150 2016 Mercedes AMG GT S
$104,815 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4

I have not read the whole article yet but the results may surprise more than a few people. The #1 pick was the least expensive car, the 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350R.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/search/2016%20performance%20car%20of%20the%20year?

:thumbsup::coolman: :beer:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Wow. Now I really want one...someday. Winning by a large margin...in that company of $$$ max performance cars is very cool. Wonder how the Camaro would have done? Glad Ford sorted out the IRS right out-of-the- box...with a screaming N/A flat plane V8 no less. The pinnicle of Mustang looks and performance.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
I was very surprised to see that the GT350r won it all.

Now all we have to do is wait for Clarkson to pontificate on how crappy all American cars are.

Coming home a couple of nights ago i hit a gigantic pothole while I was in my old Explorer. I wonder if the super low aspect ration Carbon Fiber wheels would have shrugged the hit as easily.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Engineer said that they meet the same impact criteria as the aluminum rims, and they were driving them around Detroit and never broke one. Detroit has potholes that can be seen on google earth.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not surprised at all. I've expected the GT-350 and 350R to get very high accolades. If there was any Mustang I'd want, it would be the GT-350. IMO Ford hit a home run!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce when will yours arrive?

Well a dealer gave me the false impression that they had an allocation/lottery for an R model. Wasn't so, unfortunately for me. But now that I think about, it I'd be a lot more comfortable with the Ford Racing/Ford Performance version in non-street legal form.

:thumbsup::beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Well a dealer gave me the false impression that they had an allocation/lottery for an R model. Wasn't so, unfortunately for me. But now that I think about, it I'd be a lot more comfortable with the Ford Racing/Ford Performance version in non-street legal form.

:thumbsup::beer:

Does your dealer have an allocation for one of those:beer:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Actually, Ford dealers are part of the process.:nonono:

2016 Model Year Ford Racing Road Race Prepared Mustang.

No Pricing, specifications, or vehicle name information is available at this time.

Target Availability: 1st Quarter 2016

Ford Racing road race Mustangs are factory-built race cars, ready for track days and road racing in a number of SCCA and NASA classes.

If you are interested, ask your Ford Dealer to enter a Placeholder Order with Ford Racing using Part Number M-FR500-B302S.

Include:

Dealer Name and P&A Code
Name of Dealer Contact, Phone Number and E-mail address

Order allocation and builds will be based off of the Ford Racing Placeholder Order Bank.

Ford Racing will follow-up with all Placeholder Ford Dealers when specifications and pricing are available.

https://fordperformanceracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11687

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Interesting. I was just about to complain how a $350k car would have an insane advantage over the others.

I'm not surprised at all. I've expected the GT-350 and 350R to get very high accolades. If there was any Mustang I'd want, it would be the GT-350. IMO Ford hit a home run!

Still waiting on the grand-slam, myself

Users who are viewing this thread