Road & Track 2016 Performance car of the year

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I read something about balance weights being needed since it is a bigger flat plane engine, is this going to have long term reliability problems?

That being said if I wanted to fork out the money, I would get a 350 with performance pack. I would add clear bra, possible upgrade IRS bushings if needed, a MGW shifter and drive the
hell out of it. Doesn't need anything else.

You should see the Bentley interior.

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I read something about balance weights being needed since it is a bigger side flat plane engine, is this going to have long term reliability problems?

That being said if I wanted to fork out the money, I would get a 350 with performance pack. I would add clear bra, possible upgrade IRS bushings if needed, a MGW shifter and drive the hell out of it. Doesn't need anything else.

Coyotes have counter balance weights, too. I think the 5.2 just has larger ones in different places to compensate for being a FPC design. I wouldn't be too concerned about vibrations killing the engine. It's possible, but Ford had to spend a lot of time on the subject.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Engineer said that they meet the same impact criteria as the aluminum rims, and they were driving them around Detroit and never broke one. Detroit has potholes that can be seen on google earth.

Any wheel sold by Ford, GM, Dodge, BMW, etc. has to meet the same requirements which includes durability testing for going over pot holes, driving up curbs, etc. I wouldn't be concerned with a wheel braking under normal use.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Any wheel sold by Ford, GM, Dodge, BMW, etc. has to meet the same requirements which includes durability testing for going over pot holes, driving up curbs, etc. I wouldn't be concerned with a wheel braking under normal use.
Curbing one...is going to be reeaally painful.

oldmodman

Established Member
Anyone know how long Ford will be making the GT350r?

Will it be long enough to fill the current demand so that anyone can get one just by walking into a dealer, choosing the color and options, and getting in the car and driving home? With no additional dealer mark-up.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Will it be long enough to fill the current demand so that anyone can get one just by walking into a dealer, choosing the color and options, and getting in the car and driving home? With no additional dealer mark-up.

Id imagine it will be a full time trim level offering for the length of the S550's lifespan.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member

Sounds like jumping through hoops that are lit on fire.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Curbing one...is going to be reeaally painful.

Eh, a little black touch-up paint and you're good. Hell, the material itself is dark grey to black, so you probably won't even see curb marks. Not like hitting a black aluminum wheel where the silver comes through.

Users who are viewing this thread