Road course upgrades

1slow95

Established Member
So I was looking things over today and I noticed a couple issues with the right front. It looks like I melted the rubber boot on the caliper guide pins, lol. Also I'm noticing a kind of hum that sounds like it's coming from that corner. Is it possible the hub bearings need greased or replaced already? Both front rotors are developing cracks in them so they'll need replaced before the next event.

Here's my latest video. As you can see the Ferrari 458 lost me pretty easily, lol. Comparing my lap times on serious-racing.com I can see that I was a good half second faster than my previous best lap until I caught up with traffic and ended up a half second slower. I can live with that :)
http://youtu.be/Gh0ke9ynyXc

1slow95

Established Member
Test fit my wheels on a Boss and it's really close. What is the minimum distance between the wheel and caliper? I used a .026" feeler gauge and had a little room to spare, like maybe another .010".
main.php

pufferfish

Established Member
It really depends on how "flexy" your wheels are. Stock brembo wheels get that close. I would add a 5mm spacer just to be safe.

modernbeat

Jason at Vorshlag
Established Member
Test fit my wheels on a Boss and it's really close. What is the minimum distance between the wheel and caliper? I used a .026" feeler gauge and had a little room to spare, like maybe another .010".

I use 4mm as my minimum clearance. But I have to account for all sorts of scenarios where things could go wrong.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
main.php

You should have about .125" of clearance. Run a .090" or a .100" thick spacer and you should be ok.

And as far as brake fluid goes I'd run Castrol SRF if I were you. I ran a crap load of 'other brands' in my "Flying Pig" 2007 GT500 and I bled brakes in that damn car about 75 times. All of my brake bleeding problems went away when I switched to Castrol SRF.

FWIW

:thumbsup::beer:

JoeJ

Established Member
I agree with Bruce about running Castrol SRF brake fluid. Since I started using it, I have never had brake fade. I also use Performance Friction 01 pads in the front and PF 97 pads in the rear. This is the setup that most World Challenge teams run. The cost is a bit more but it is worth it for peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread