Road and Track. GTR vs Z06 vs 997

red03dave

Established Member
406AWDHP on a mustang dyno it should be able to beat the Z06! I know for a fact Mustnag dyno numbers are always lower then dynojet numbers. Doesn't the Z06 dyno bone stock at 430 RWHP on a dyno jet? That GTR is a monster right out of the box. Still don't like the price tag though. Maybe Nissan will bring the Silvias or the 240SX/S15 to the states with a detuned manual version of that same motor (we can all dream right?).

In my experience, any 450 ish AWD drive car versus any 500 ish RWD puts a spanking on the higher HP RWD car. I don't know how many times I have had a 435+ AWD EVO come around me in the corners in my Cobra. Might I add I made 427hp & 396tq on the mustange dyno and I have all the MM suspension parts with a live axle setup. The only time I caught him was around 120mph and on a straight. That is what I have experienced.

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
Silverstate's not a road course. It's a Hwy. That is it. A long, long hwy with a couple of high speed sweepers. Big Willow & Miller are 'high speed' courses.

Then there's everything else. Most all the rest of the tracks, the canyons, the streets, the mountains, stuff with corners in it. This is what the car was designed for, since it is what it will be on most of the time. If it was designed for straight hwy's only, it would be 2wd and probably something like 350lbs lighter.

I still wonder what the all the cars would do on one control tire. Regardless, I do believe the GTR would still come out about even. Even more so, it still would be a much easier car to drive fast than any rwd car.

But the GTR would inevitably be my first choice.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
I'm done arguing with you guy. Your perceptions are beyond logical and make no sense to half the people on this thread; not just me. Is it the dozen of us that need to wake up or just you? If I posted this on my autocross forum, people would have a field day with you for months to come.

I don't need to post up track times or cars i've raced. Just because you have money and a fast car doesn't make you a fast driver. Your lap times don't mean anything on a forum. I've been road racing since I could walk; I've been autocrossing for years and am one of the fastest around (people on this forum can attest to that), I have a National racing license, I INSTRUCT at NASA track days, do SCCA, GRM challenge, Skip Barber race series, etc and i'm 22 years old. Believe me, if you want to go out there and start throwing out credentials, I have a few when it comes to going very fast around a track. I know a lot of people all over the motorsports ladder from amateurs to pros and they'd all call you an idiot if they read the crap you've tacked together on this thread all because of some stupid car.

Your no abs, no traction control, Slick-Tired Datsun is about as average as any amateur road racers weekend warrior. I can jump in that car, find its limits, and be throttle steering it through a 200R corner at 80mph within the first lap. Any experienced guy can. Congratulations. You're average. So please spare me your pictures and lap times. They don't mean a damn thing.

back in 1992 i had the fastest autocross lap time ever at Bob Bondurant's racing school. i drove that track in their stock mustang with the tires smokin and the car pitched sideways all the way thru those cones at a smokin 50 mph.....

lol, that just sounds so tough :lol:

until you have driven an Indy Car around Las Vegas Motor Speedway at 165 mph in the turns like i have you don't know what fast is...... :coolman:

Sage

Established Member
In my experience, any 450 ish AWD drive car versus any 500 ish RWD puts a spanking on the higher HP RWD car.

True, except that the GTR weighs 700 lbs. more than the ZO6.

From a roll, the ZO6 will destroy the GTR. 5-6 mph in the quarter alone is a lot. And yes, there are some testers that have seen the GTR doing 121 but, then again, we've seen a ZO6 do as high as 129 bone stock (with the 'average' being around 125).

Last edited:

red03dave

Established Member
Regardless I am excited about the GTR and the ZR1 coming out and being able to race either one on them from a dig or rolling. When the automakers get into a competition for dominance everyone wins! Just means you have to go bigger and badder to step up to the plate. I would like to see what these things put down when you get to tuning them, whether kenne bell will make an upgrade for the ZR1 and if the GTR will be a pain in the butt to work on and tune, who knows!?

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
This thread sums up just about every thread on SVTP.

Thread timeline:

Topic GT-R vs. Z-06 vs Porsche

The GT500 Sucks

The Bullit Sucks

Ford Sucks

Z-06 is GOD

Back on topic for a smidge

Won't beat a pullied COBRA from roll

Z-06 will put COBRA in place

Can't touch Viper

Jealous people

Yeah Ford sucks

Datsun

Best road course driver on SVTP contest

.........Etc. Etc.

Forecast: Smackdown.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member

Thread timeline:

The GT500 Sucks

The Bullit Sucks

Ford Sucks

Z-06 is GOD

Can't touch Viper

Jealous people

Yeah Ford sucks

Datsun

.........Etc. Etc.

dont forget viper exhaust cooks roast better than oven

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

Thread timeline:

The GT500 Sucks

The Bullit Sucks

Ford Sucks

Z-06 is GOD

Can't touch Viper

Jealous people

Yeah Ford sucks

Datsun

.........Etc. Etc.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and it's still just a Nissan.

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
Baby Veyron.... :)

And one thought, when the Terminator came out, how many of you guys said, 'hey' 390whp is enough, why would I ever need to mod it?'. Fact is the first few of these you run across on the street will probably be quite healthy. There is already two tuners in the US with flash packages for them, and it can be done REMOTELY over the internet (which kind of scares me).

At 80-100k, the buyers won't be short on cash, and I am sure their cars, will reflect it.

quad

Established Member
whatever you say buddy. Running autox at a racing school with a bunch of doctors and software salesman who have no idea how to drive is a bit different than competing at a regional SCCA autox with a bunch of mega sponsored guys lol. Having the fastest lap time at a driving school autox is like being the smartest retarded kid. Congrats. You can take a very fast Indy car and press the gas. You're so skilled. You know speed so much better than me. You're 41 years old and i'm 22. Of course you're going to have more experience than me. You're twice my friggin age. I've done a ton already and i'm just getting started. Magazine editors get to drive F1 cars and easily go over 150mph. Do you think they are more skilled and know speed so much better than Michael Schumacher? So to be as good as you, I have to fly out west and drive an indy car? Autocross is just ONE of the many motorsports activities I enjoy to do. It keeps me sharp and its extremely competitive on a regional and national level; If you think its a joke, it shows how much brain capacity you have. Any fast/pro driver will tell you: Any slow driver can make a fast car go fast. It takes a fast driver to go fast in a slow car. You aren't proving ANYTHING; only bragging. Congrats; you've proven you have more money than skill. And now you've went from nonsensically arguing about the GT-R to bench racing your credentials with someone half your age.

Dude, slow down. He's twice your age as you stated yourself so show some respect. You have personally insulted him a couple of times in your "my dick is bigger than your dick" posts.

He is not calling you a moron so why should you?

iczar1

Established Member
Dude, slow down. He's twice your age as you stated yourself so show some respect. You have personally insulted him a couple of times in your "my dick is bigger than your dick" posts.

He is not calling you a moron so why should you?

Its not that his dick is bigger than Fast Freds............ its just that the kids a f-ing dick period!

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Jealousy brings out the bitch in him.

Damn. You figured me out. Where did you get jelousy from? Because of the nice cars in his sig or the racing he's done? Good for him; more power to him. If I ever need a forum certified psychologist i'll make sure to think of you first.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Its not that his dick is bigger than Fast Freds............ its just that the kids a f-ing dick period!

Why? because i choose not to eat the shit he's feeding me? I don't remember my dick or my age being the title of the thread. I do remember the dozen people making fun of fast freddy's nonsensical and opinionated responses that he thought up without any evidence though.

iczar1

Established Member
Why? because i choose not to eat the shit he's feeding me? I don't remember my dick or my age being the title of the thread. I do remember the dozen people making fun of fast freddy's nonsensical and opinionated responses that he thought up without any evidence though.

I chose not to eat the shit you were feeding me.... you dont see me being a dick to you or about, it now do you?

Last edited:

Lankhoss

Established Member
Ugh, that front end of the GT-R looks so ricey. Import cars have some awesome performance, but always look so cheesey. When are they gonna make some truely badass cars again....like the 3000GT and 300ZX TT

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
in order for the race to be fair they need to put Nissans fastest driver in the GTR and Dodge and Chevys fastest drivers in the ACR and the ZR1 :thumbs:

The v spec GTR will be porsche Gt2 hunting.Thats the car that you compare with the zr1 and ACR, not the base model GTR.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread