Road and Track. GTR vs Z06 vs 997

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
The GT-R is ****ing Hideous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care if it has 800hp and can beat the Z06 around Buttonwillow by 20 seconds, I still wouldn't buy it.

I would pay 100k for a Z06 before I would pay 65k for the GT-R.

Oh and at 430rwhp and 3700lbs, I will still beat one on the street. (as long as it's not from a dig 60ft>me)

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
Whats ironic is that when the GTR set its Nurbring times, people on here and other forums were crying about the GTR not using stock tires. It was on optional (Bridgestone Potenzas) not the dunlaps this comparison was done with .Now that the GTR has been compared to the z06 on a track its, " the z06 should be able to use different / r compound tires etc.." Or let take it up to 150mph + on the highway and see who wins! Lmfao!

Last edited:

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
The GT-R is ****ing Hideous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care if it has 800hp and can beat the Z06 around Buttonwillow by 20 seconds, I still wouldn't buy it.

I would pay 100k for a Z06 before I would pay 65k for the GT-R.

Oh and at 430rwhp and 3700lbs, I will still beat one on the street. (as long as it's not from a dig 60ft>me)

You sure about that? Stock the GT-R is putting down 406 AWHP on a mustang dyno. And 452 HP @ hubs on a Dynapack dyno.
gtrharman.500.jpg

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
You sure about that? Stock the GT-R is putting down 406 AWHP on a mustang dyno. And 452 HP @ hubs on a Dynapack dyno.

Yup, pretty sure that a 200lb weight advantage and a 26whp advantage would mean that unless I'm driving poorly, I would win a street race that is not from a dig.

I would definitely give a dig race to the GT-R.

Mind you, my car hasn't even seen a pulley yet.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
in order for the Nissan GTR to have a chance against a Ford GT or the new Viper ACR or the ZR1 you have to race against this car on a slow speed track with lots of turns otherwise it will get smoked. so if the Nissan can't beat America's best cars on the high speed tracks like the Silver State Classic in Nevada and the BIG Bend Open road race in Texas then lets slow the speeds down yet again for this wannabe supercar and race on a slower track with yet again more turns.

the Sandhills open road race in Nebraska is an even slower track than the Silverstate and the Big Bend and has over 120 turns in its 55 mile course with lots of hills. the track record on this course for a full blown unlimited race car is a 139 mph average speed. > www.sorcrace.com < with an average speed in excess of 120 mph i am willing to bet $$$$ that my viper or my bone stock ford GT or the new viper ACR or the ZR1 would beat the Nissan GTR.

the fact is that the Nissan GTR might be able to beat these cars on slow speed tracks where the average speeds are at or below 100 mph but when raced on HIGH speed tracks with HIGH speed turns the Nissan GTR will get beat by a Ford GT, the new viper ACR and the ZR1 :pop:

Last edited:

Sage

Established Member
I can't believe this thread is already this long. The tests came out to be about what I expected them to be.

The Porsche and the ZO6 will destroy the GTR in any street encounter (from a roll).

The GTR did really well on the road course, given it's technology and AWD AND TIRES.

How many guys reading this forum ride motorcycles? Because if you do, and read motorcycle magazines, what's the FIRST thing they do to all of the bikes that are being compared?

That's right, they put them on the SAME tire. Each motorcycle gets a new set of whatever tire they choose to use that day.

Factory to factory, the GTR is going to do well on the road course. Put the same 'real' tires on all three of these cars and then compare them and that'll tell you how the actual car is performing on the track (and it will severly even things up).

Until then, the rest of this is just bench racing...

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
the reality is that nissan has absolutety destroyed GM, ford, and dodge in the engineering area. a 3800lbs car with less hp should NEVER be compared with the cars you just listed.

its a sad day when we must resort to super high speed tracks only :nonono:

its a sad day when Nissan must resort to 4 wheel drive and a computer controlled traction control/active handling system to beat a chevy, dodge or a ford on a slow speed track :pop:

in the future Nissan will be taking the driver out of the cockpit and putting in a robot in order to win races :rolleyes:

Last edited:

1.8t

Established Member
What he is saying is that those are not sanctioned tracks, they are open road challenges and hold no merit in any racing organization other than bragging rights. They are not tracks like Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, Sebring, Lime Rock, Mid Ohio, Road America, etc.

ChuckV

Established Member
The cool part is that the turbos have a lot left. One of the japanese tuners put down 580whp with a chiptune and a catback. Expect at least 630awhp with full boltons

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
What he is saying is that those are not sanctioned tracks, they are open road challenges and hold no merit in any racing organization other than bragging rights. They are not tracks like Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, Sebring, Lime Rock, Mid Ohio, Road America, etc.

Miller Motorsports in Utah is the Fastest "Sanctioned" race track in the USA. it is a 4.5 mile road course with 24 turns and the main straight is 3500 feet long (2/3 of a mile). the average lap speeds on this track will be above 100 mph for the Nissan. i bet the new viper ACR and the ZR1 will produce lap times and average lap speeds as fast or faster than the Nissan GTR on this track. in order for the race to be fair they need to put Nissans fastest driver in the GTR and Dodge and Chevys fastest drivers in the ACR and the ZR1 :thumbsup:

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/3.0/track_about.php

Last edited:

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member

The car has trapped 122mph bone stock in slightly better conditions.. I highly doubt you would pull on 1 from a roll and from a stop it would be all over for you. That's bone stock.

And who wants to race from a roll anyways? Everyone on this site cracks on the skittles and supra's because they never want to go from a stop, then when the GT-R subject comes around they always want to roll race their Z06's and terminators. Or talk about how the Z06 would pull on it from a roll.

What's up with that? Are you going to pull up to one at a light and just look the other way?

Can't really request a roll race at a quarter mile strip..

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
You are retarded. You think you know because you can push the gas down and go straight for 100 miles? You don't know the first thing about road racing. YOU are the one making excuses. Ford GT this, Viper that, ZR1 this. Nonsense.

dude wake up. even Steve Millen admits that the reason the Nissan went so much faster than the Z06 at Buttonwillow is because of its computer controlled 4 wheel drive traction controlled/active handling system. the Nissan is a great car for those who can't drive real race cars fast.

as far as road racing is concerned i know alot more about road racing than you think i do. i have been road racing all different kinds of cars on short track road courses all over the SouthWestern USA for 15 years now. here are a few pix of me racing my Viper ACR on a short track road course thats even shorter than buttonwillow. in fact i have lapped Willow springs "MAIN" BIG track road course at 1:34 driving my POS $10,000 Datsun 240-Z which doesn't even have a computer or ABS :nono:

the new $100,000 Viper ACR has lapped this same track at 1:29 :read:

i don't need 4 wheel drive or computer controlled traction/active handling to go fast :poke:

post some pix up of you road racing your cars and your track times :idea:

resized-2.jpg

viperacr008.jpg

240-Z.jpg

Last edited:

red03dave

Established Member
Kind of long winded but:

I will say it again Ford bashing on a Ford site? C'mon! GT500/Bullit a failure? Once the hype dies down and real racers start doing things with the the GT500 the GTR will not hold a candle to it on the drag strip. Not to mention the price point difference (what could you do with an extra $40-60K in your budget?). Once turbo kits for the GT500 become common place I guarantee you will see daily drivers in the 800+ RWHP range w/ pump gas. Face it Ford has a great bang for the buck experience more than the GTR, ZR1, or Viper can even dream of touching. Not to mention the domination the Cobra motor has had on everything since 2003, now GM has stepped up and done it with the Vette but how many people can afford a $100K car?

As far as the weight difference we all know the 4.6/Cammer motor in the regular Mustang GT is a lighter package and the FR500 has been dominating the Grand AM series for years around the road courses, in fact it is doing so well it is being pushed into Europe's FIA GT series. (Check the link below if you want details)

I think this is a stupid comparo, you are talking about an $90-120K range cars. Put that kind of money into any car you should have track monsters right out of the box. Yes you can say you modify those past stock trim but who usually does, except for the insanely rich?

I give respect to anything fast but you have to look at apples to apples comparisons.

http://www.corral.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=148&Itemid=2

iczar1

Established Member
dude wake up. even Steve Millen admits that the reason the Nissan went so much faster than the Z06 at Buttonwillow is because of its computer controlled 4 wheel drive traction controlled/active handling system. the Nissan is a great car for those who can't drive real race cars fast.

as far as road racing is concerned i know alot more about road racing than you think i do. i have been road racing all different kinds of cars on short track road courses all over the SouthWestern USA for 15 years now. here are a few pix of me racing my Viper ACR on a short track road course thats even shorter than buttonwillow. in fact i have lapped Willow springs "MAIN" BIG track road course at 1:34 driving my POS $10,000 Datsun 240-Z which doesn't even have a computer or ABS :nono:

the new $100,000 Viper ACR has lapped this same track at 1:29 :read:

i don't need 4 wheel drive or computer controlled traction/active handling to go fast :poke:

post some pix up of you road racing your cars and your track times :idea:

Oh snap! =P

The GTR is a nice car but why do half you tools have to come on here and bash other poeples cars/opinions because they dont like a car YOU cant even afford?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread