Rivian's slow death has commenced

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Shares have yet to recover and were down 60% for the year as of Thursday’s close.

Rivian’s net loss in the fourth quarter was $2.46 billion, compared with a loss of $353 million in the year-earlier period.

It turns out retroactive price increases and production misses are terrible for business.

T.Man

Established Member
Production misses can't be helped due to the component shortage crisis, labor shortages, raw material issues, etc. It just highlights their lack of foresight and supply chain risk mitigation strategies.

It's kicking the shit out of my industry but those that can navigate it well and have the money to spend or backing from their Customers / Primes are going to do just fine.

Sad too because a buddy of mine left to go work for them. I'm sure he'll be coming back soon enough.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I'm a fan of the truck and would love to own one. We'll have a Rivian store opening not far from me soon. A friend's friend left Tesla to go work for Rivian and just got his R1T.
Looking back through the other thread." I think I threw up in my mouth"

It was doomed by the majority of SVTP members from the beginning.

Well most!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Production misses can't be helped due to the component shortage crisis, labor shortages, raw material issues, etc. It just highlights their lack of foresight and supply chain risk mitigation strategies.

It's kicking the shit out of my industry but those that can navigate it well and have the money to spend or backing from their Customers / Primes are going to do just fine.

Sad too because a buddy of mine left to go work for them. I'm sure he'll be coming back soon enough.
GREAT post, sir. Well said! Rivian pushed too much, too fast, too soon in their attempt to claw to the top of the EV mountain right out of the gate. It's failing in large part because of the reasons you stated. JMO.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The pic of the production line is hilarious to me. It looks like a couple of guys putting together a table from Ikea.

Rivian
FEMoOvIKS-lMXmBT6NRV2FLdraNbWnHqqGRk6mICZWDPj7_ndGVCyIxjJST-46XnkidtxmApPl_Q6fM

Here is a Toyota line
1647003957378.jpeg

1647003972735.jpeg

efurlong

Established Member
Wow...I just looked into the price of lithium. It's price really has increased almost 400% year over year. 75% of all lithium comes from China. I did a quick google search...a replacement Tesla battery could be as high as $35,000. My F150 is more environmentally friendly than any EV.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow...I just looked into the price of lithium. It's price really has increased almost 400% year over year. 75% of all lithium comes from China. I did a quick google search...a replacement Tesla battery could be as high as $35,000. My F150 is more environmentally friendly than any EV.
The supporters of electric vehicles are more than happy to drill for lithium but not oil. Lefty logic for ya.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The supporters of electric vehicles are more than happy to drill for lithium but not oil. Lefty logic for ya.

But, but, but SS Batteries derp! Emerging tech, durp!

Yeah, the tech that so far is showing to have less range that the Lithium Ion it is supposed to replace? Lol!

If you buy an EV you won’t suffer through high gas prices. - Peter Buttplug

Users who are viewing this thread