RIP GM Bolt

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I totally agree, but there was no way GM was going to sell a highline electric car on their first pass, the masses wont adopt to EV's unless they are force to, that's what Biden and his administration are doing, it's a sad state of affairs. I am willing to bet, anyone in America who wants an electric car has one or can go out and buy one today.

Bingo. Its 100% forced.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Fat Boss

Established Member
It is hilarious to go back and read how this was heralded as the Tesla killer when it was rolled out. EV chuds @Fat Boss fail to understand that the Tesla is a luxury car that just happens to be EV which =/= EVs are popular.

How can you call a Tesla a luxury car? Have you even been in one? About the furthest from luxury currently on the market.

It's little surprise they're pulling the plug on the Bolt. Between the well publicized fires and trying to make any money on the cheapest EV in America, it was only a matter of time.

Elon has dropped prices, what? Five times this year already? He's pulling the same move Henry Ford did with the Model T.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
How can you call a Tesla a luxury car? Have you even been in one? About the furthest from luxury currently on the market.

What is the average price of various Tesla models?

It's little surprise they're pulling the plug on the Bolt.

The Bolt is the best selling EV that isn't a Tesla.

Elon has dropped prices, what? Five times this year already?

Prices are cut when demand is falling. Prices increase when demand is increasing.

Blown 89

Established Member
The Bolt is the best selling EV that isn't a Tesla.
The Volt was the best selling plug-in until Tesla passed it in 2019.

I test drove the Bolt. What a monumental piece of shit for the price.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member

It's little surprise they're pulling the plug on the Bolt. Between the well publicized fires and trying to make any money on the cheapest EV in America, it was only a matter of time.

Elon has dropped prices, what? Five times this year already? He's pulling the same move Henry Ford did with the Model T.

Tesla's are like Apple iPhones: they are the in product / fad to have now, and why they have been a "luxury" item. Having test driven one, it's ok but my BMW X3 is much nicer. All the other players are copiers and not in on the fad.

All BEV's have the same limitations that can only be solved by completely new battery + charging tech, which is nowhere on the horizon.

As more manufacturers switch to compete in a diminishing demand fad with no new technology on the horizon to save it, we may get to watch an epic industry failure and restructuring occur in real time.

Last edited:

Kevinbonds

Established Member
We’re not far from a total failure in the EV market, there is only so much demand, they cannot figure out how to get past 300 miles, and the charging sucks. I could go out today and buy an EV from almost any manufacturer. The market will bare what it can, but this massive push to put out as many EV’s as possible will be an epic failure.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I was at the Volvo dealer getting my wife’s car serviced. They are sitting on a shit ton of their EV’s. Ready to deal…lmao

CLN 6R

Established Member
I regret to admit I owned a Bolt, for about a year and a half before the Tesla. It was cheap and was $7500 tax credit eligible, and used it to just commute. It was pretty awful. The Tesla was much better Vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread