RIP Dodge sales, Congrats GM!

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
The Camaro is far from stock. It also weighs less. We have no idea about gearing, or if he is hiding a bottle somewhere.

Street racing is the same as street fighting; the rules only apply to those that don't get caught.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
There's another video on here, CAI and tune only ZL1 smacks a Demon too.

We need those 1500hp bolt on Demon's to come out ASAP, lol.

cam346

Established Member
wonder what would be the reply if the demon won. I don't think they were bragging but surprise they beat the demon. I am sure they knew what the mods where on the zl1. wait till the new gt500 come out ,it have less hp too.i bet it give both a run for there money.

slow poke

Established Member
The gt500 has a larger displacement supercharged engine it is completely different from a 5.0 NA.

The Demon is simple factory modded hellcat. The engine is the same displacement with a slightly larger blower. They just beefed up the internals a little.

Gt500 looks a lot different the a GT. Demon is a hellcat with pasted on fender flares lol.

The analogy is weak.

The Demon is a factory modded hellcat. They just did all the simple stuff people already do to Hellcats and did it at the factory so now all the sudden it's "manufacturer stock". Yeah I see a lot of cars come from the factory with race gas tunes, big and littles, and a trans break.

This ZL1 is a fair match it has the same mods. Hellcat/Demon is just an inferior platform mod for mod.

I'll say it again Dodge took the easy way out with this thing. The car should have been sub 4000lbs, had more HP on 93, and ran a 9.65 on factory wheels and tires.

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
It is always a "run what you brung race" so you should not be crying for the Demon and bitching about the mods on ZL!...My mentor back in the day had a phrase, "horsepower cost money, how fast do you want to go?".

Greg

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
The gt500 has a larger displacement supercharged engine it is completely different from a 5.0 NA.

The Demon is simple factory modded hellcat. The engine is the same displacement with a slightly larger blower. They just beefed up the internals a little.

Gt500 looks a lot different the a GT. Demon is a hellcat with pasted on fender flares lol.

The analogy is weak.

The Demon is a factory modded hellcat. They just did all the simple stuff people already do to Hellcats and did it at the factory so now all the sudden it's "manufacturer stock". Yeah I see a lot of cars come from the factory with race gas tunes, big and littles, and a trans break.

This ZL1 is a fair match it has the same mods. Hellcat/Demon is just an inferior platform mod for mod.

I'll say it again Dodge took the easy way out with this thing. The car should have been sub 4000lbs, had more HP on 93, and ran a 9.65 on factory wheels and tires.

I can understand that side of the discussion, but the Demon is still under warranty with those mods being done to it from factory. As opposed to the Hellcat, if one of those owners did the work to match a Demon it would destroy the warranty. That one distinction is worth the price of admission for a lot of people. And of course it's a cool car, has history, nice badges, prestige....

slow poke

Established Member
I think the warranty with the amount of power it produces is amazing and I hope the trend continues. It just blows that it's stuck in the shittiest of the muscle car platforms.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
The Demon is a cool ass car in my book. I don't care if a modded ZL1 beat it. It doesn't make the Demon slow or any less fun to drive. I'm sure there is a modded Demon out there that would take that ZL1. I bet there is a modded Honda Civic that could take both, somewhere out there.

Most cars nowadays can do unheard of things. You can put money into anything to try and edge out someone who didn't, but at the end of the day cars are cars and we are going to admire them. i look at hot cars like hot women, I'd probably take most of them and enjoy whatever ride they give.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I think the warranty with the amount of power it produces is amazing and I hope the trend continues. It just blows that it's stuck in the shittiest of the muscle car platforms.

Yeah it is absolutely great it has a warranty for what it is.

And just imagine if FCA took the money they are making of this very long run of Challengers and put some towards a lighter platform. Then stuck a lightly revised Hellcat engine in it (to cut down on future costs and have enough change in it to make future buyers happy). It would be an even bigger monster.

Last edited:

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
I was talking to someone from FCA last week and for now the body style isn’t dead. He hopes they will have a lighter platform out at somepoint but in the immediate future a 7 liter challenger will be out next year.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I was talking to someone from FCA last week and for now the body style isn’t dead. He hopes they will have a lighter platform out at somepoint but in the immediate future a 7 liter challenger will be out next year.

Very cool. Sounds like FCA is getting more confidence in the Challenger. I bet they are making a nice amount of money from them since they haven't had to change the body style yet.

Recon

Established Member

I’d be one happy camper if the elephant makes a return.

Pick your poison.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
It is always a "run what you brung race" so you should not be crying for the Demon and bitching about the mods on ZL!...My mentor back in the day had a phrase, "horsepower cost money, how fast do you want to go?".

Greg

My Father had a similar quote except shortened up. "How fast is your wallet?" :)

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
But this isn’t a stock ZL1 vs a modded ZL1. The argument is that all things put aside, the demon has 840 crank hp vs the zl1’s 650.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
correct. it's a modded zl1 vs a stock demon. when the mods were called in to question, guys brushed it off as being "basic"

my point is, to illustrate the "basic-ness" of these mods, we should compare a stock vs. similarly modded termi to see just how "minimal" the difference would be.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Points to ponder.
A bolt-on ZL1 beats a stock Demon. BFD
ZL1 is still a Chevy.
If they both threw a rod Chevy man would be mega butt hurt and Demo guy would be driving a loner.
In a few years from now ZL1 with be new Camry money while Demon will still be a collector car.
Some of you are whiny bitches.

slow poke

Established Member
The demon already has those basic bolt ons from the factory only fair that every car it races has should be afforded the same (race gas tune, tires, etc....)

Resale value has nothing to do with this. Demon losses race "but my resale value it's so much higher then yours" lmao "if if if your car blows up Chevy won't give you a loaner" LMFAO

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol the demon really ruffled some feathers around here. I feel like I’m on camaro5 circa 2012-2013.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
Points to ponder.
A bolt-on ZL1 beats a stock Demon. BFD
ZL1 is still a Chevy.
If they both threw a rod Chevy man would be mega butt hurt and Demo guy would be driving a loner.
In a few years from now ZL1 with be new Camry money while Demon will still be a collector car.
Some of you are whiny bitches.
This whiny bitch will remind you that the warranteed Demon LOST.

Users who are viewing this thread