RIP Dodge sales, Congrats GM!

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Mustang YTD Sales: 19,164

Challenger YTD Sales: 17,648

Camaro YTD Sales: 11,792

So what if a Demon loses? I think Tim K. over-sold the Demon. However, a handful of Demons have gone 10.0s @135. Not what I would have liked to have seen, but still quicker and faster than anything Ford or GM has ever sold. I wouldn't be so quick to shitpost about the Demon.

slow poke

Established Member
The Demon is a great muscle car and a step in the right direction. No doubt Dodge ran a 9.65 with it but what it took to get is stupid.

If Ford or Chevy cared about the quarter they could easily build a machine to go nine's people do it all the time with a simple blower setup, tune, and tires and way less HP. Ford and chevy just don't give a ****.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
correct. it's a modded zl1 vs a stock demon. when the mods were called in to question, guys brushed it off as being "basic"

my point is, to illustrate the "basic-ness" of these mods, we should compare a stock vs. similarly modded termi to see just how "minimal" the difference would be.
That's a terrible comparison, taking two of the same car and throwing mods on one isn't close to the discussion here.

A better comparison would be an 03 Cobra, throw similar mods on vs a Trinity car. we have a 190hp discrepancy between the two in the video. Again a tune and CAI ZL1 also beat a demon.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
we have a 190hp discrepancy between the two in the video. Again a tune and CAI ZL1 also beat a demon.

Stock, but the ZL1 wasn’t stock. In fact, the video says it made 723 I believe, which we can assume was rwhp from a dyno. So now it’s making the same rwhp numbers as a Demon, and a ZL1 weighing in around 3900 lbs. against the Demon’s 4300 lbs. Both cars are impressive in their own right, but shouldn’t the ZL1 win handily?! I guess I’m missing why that’s a big deal

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Stock, but the ZL1 wasn’t stock. In fact, the video says it made 723 I believe, which we can assume was rwhp from a dyno. So now it’s making the same rwhp numbers as a Demon, and a ZL1 weighing in around 3900 lbs. against the Demon’s 4300 lbs. Both cars are impressive in their own right, but shouldn’t the ZL1 win handily?! I guess I’m missing why that’s a big deal
I'm pointing out the guy who keeps saying compare a modded 03 cobra to a stock 03 cobra which isn't relevant to this at all.

The tune and CAI car also handedly beat the Demon too which at best is 600 or so at the wheels, stock is 550rwhp.

merkyworks

Established Member
Maybe I missed it in the vid but is the Zl1 manual or auto?

If its the 10 speed automatics then its got an advantage over the Demon right there. Just look at the times '18 GT's are putting up with an A10.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
I'm pointing out the guy who keeps saying compare a modded 03 cobra to a stock 03 cobra which isn't relevant to this at all.

The tune and CAI car also handedly beat the Demon too which at best is 600 or so at the wheels, stock is 550rwhp.

While I agree with you, I think his point, albeit poorly made, is to compare those cars and see how much of a difference those mods make. The intent seemed to show that those “basic” mods make a pretty large difference.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
The youtube comments are pretty good.

The ZL1 is apparently runningg mid 6's in the 1/8th mile and high 9's in the 1/4 mile. A demon would need perfect conditions, air, DA and traction to come close in stock form.

I agree, there is a lot of hype behind the demons. Although, I am 99% sure stock for stock, the demon will make a ZL1 it's bitch over and over again.

These cars make roughly the same power and there is a several hundred pound weight difference. Plus, the ZL1 is dialed in and setup for launching like a bat out of hell, the Demon is not.

To me, the point to prove the Demon is slow is moot at best.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Very cool. Sounds like FCA is getting more confidence in the Challenger. I bet they are making a nice amount of money from them since they haven't had to change the body style yet.

Uhhh, they are on the brink of bankruptcy and have no money to invest in any new platforms.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Uhhh, they are on the brink of bankruptcy and have no money to invest in any new platforms.
This is what I have heard too.

The only 2 profitable lines in North America from FCA are Jeep and Ram. Everything else loses money.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
actual sales numbers would say otherwise.

I’ll admit that I don’t follow the numbers, but your logic doesn’t quite carryover. You can sell every single car for $50,000, and your sales numbers look great. If the car cost more than $50,000 to produce, you lost money. Examples only obviously, but correlating the two isn’t that simple.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I’ll admit that I don’t follow the numbers, but your logic doesn’t quite carryover. You can sell every single car for $50,000, and your sales numbers look great. If the car cost more than $50,000 to produce, you lost money. Examples only obviously, but correlating the two isn’t that simple.
this thread isn't about profits, its about units sold. and the ancient Charger/Challenger outsold the camaro handily last quarter. mustang is still sales king(not shocking its the best do it all car).

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
This is what I have heard too.

The only 2 profitable lines in North America from FCA are Jeep and Ram. Everything else loses money.

That's pretty much the case for GM and Ford as well, the truck and suv lineups are very profitable. They all struggle to turn a profit with car lineups.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
The Demon isn’t setup for launching? Lol ok.

Not with the tires it comes with from the factory. It was a spin fest for the Demon, if you actually watched the video......

The ZL1 makes the same power, if not a pinch more, weighs over 400LBS less as well.

Both are respectable cars.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

No kidding all these posts about Dodge and GM "dominating" because they make v8 supercharged cars. Lol, that shit is not keeping them afloat.
"ford needs to take notes from GM and dodge, because they dont make any fast cars. They dont have any performance cars".
1508444359510.jpg

bbbbbbbut they dont have a supercharged v8. LOL

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
Not with the tires it comes with from the factory. It was a spin fest for the Demon, if you actually watched the video......

The ZL1 makes the same power, if not a pinch more, weighs over 400LBS less as well.

Both are respectable cars.

Of course I watched the video. Justin is a friend I watch them all.

My point was pointing out your statement though. Dodge literally made this car for the dragstrip. It’s setup to launch for a dig so to say it’s not is insane. Tires aren’t the best but they are good enough to get the job done. Hell I have and my car is a manual.

Users who are viewing this thread