RIP Dodge sales, Congrats GM!

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Pretty easy here....the ZL1 CW is 3,883 and the Demon shows up at 4,280. With the mods on the Z their power is pretty damn close. Obvious win is obvious. They are both retartedly fast cars but the ZL1 is modded; I'll say it again.....mod the demon in the same manner and run them again. It's not ****ing rocket science.
If the Demon gets all the mods the ZL1 has, just maybe it'll do 9.65.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Reality is my guess...

I’m from reality. You drag racing experts haven’t explained why the Demon in the picture was hooking, but, in the video you literally see him spinning his ass off.

Then, the ZL1 just leaves him like he was in reverse.

Was it even established what the ZL1 had other than a horrible shot in the dark with a bad camera? Could be a slick for all we know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Any car takes a perfect or near perfect situation to run it's best time....but with mods the 9.65 on the trans brake would be much easier I'm sure. I love how people think just because it's an auto with a transbrake, drag suspension, and good tires it's going to run a 9.65 every lap.....IT'S NOT THAT EASY. Even in a dedicated drag car you don't get the most out of every run.

If the Demon gets all the mods the ZL1 has, just maybe it'll do 9.65.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I’m from reality. You drag racing experts haven’t explained why the Demon in the picture was hooking, but, in the video you literally see him spinning his ass off.

Then, the ZL1 just leaves him like he was in reverse.

Was it even established what the ZL1 had other than a horrible shot in the dark with a bad camera? Could be a slick for all we know.

They specifically say what tire it has right after they show the Demon tire, wtf? lol

So in your reality, how is a DR made SPECIFICALLY for the Demon not nearly as good as a off the shelf 555R?

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Any car takes a perfect or near perfect situation to run it's best time....but with mods the 9.65 on the trans brake would be much easier I'm sure. I love how people think just because it's an auto with a transbrake, drag suspension, and good tires it's going to run a 9.65 every lap.....IT'S NOT THAT EASY.
-2iQfvGg_400x400.jpg

The issue is even a tuned Demon with an extra 100hp couldn't do better than 9.85.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Welp, it’s been fun boys. I’ve learned a lot in this thread.

Demons sucks, /Thread.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
While I agree with you, I think his point, albeit [amazing], is to compare those cars and see how much of a difference those mods make. The intent seemed to show that those “basic” mods make a pretty large difference.
Ding ding ding!

72SBC

Established Member
Demon doesn’t suck, it just sucks that the 90k drag car gets man handled by a jack of all trades 60k sports car at the 1 trick pony Demons own game. By all means post some vids of Demons beating up ZL1’s around any track in the planet. We’ll wait.

Modded or not, it’s a huge price gap between the two and if you were lucky to even get a Demon for msrp at that let alone the ADM prices, and the lesser car is doing it better and can do more.

I don’t think anyone would turn down a Demon, but I’d be concerned if I had a tuned Demon and cant even turn factory times. Factory times get crushed by Chevys in a matter of days and we still haven’t seen anyone beat the Demons time even modded let alone stock.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Demon doesn’t suck, it just sucks that the 90k drag car gets man handled by a jack of all trades 60k sports car at the 1 trick pony Demons own game. By all means post some vids of Demons beating up ZL1’s around any track in the planet. We’ll wait.

Modded or not, it’s a huge price gap between the two and if you were lucky to even get a Demon for msrp at that let alone the ADM prices, and the lesser car is doing it better and can do more.

I don’t think anyone would turn down a Demon, but I’d be concerned if I had a tuned Demon and cant even turn factory times. Factory times get crushed by Chevys in a matter of days and we still haven’t seen anyone beat the Demons time even modded let alone stock.
Your are bad at math. 90k car vs 65k car plus 15k in mods = 80k. 90k with Warrenty, 80k that voids warranty. Just saying

Users who are viewing this thread