RIP Bryan "Bartlett" Starr

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
GettyImages-Bart-Starr.jpg

RIP Bart.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Let’s not forget the guy Vince Lombardi said was the Greatest Player he ever coached just died a few months back. Forrest Gregg.

That is not taking anything away from Bart. He was clearly a legend in his own right.

RIP - to two Packer legends.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I read a Biography of him when I was in school. class all the way

quad

Established Member
RIP. It sucks getting old. Not that it is any comfort but even our sun's life as a main sequence star will end one day.

He had a great, beautiful lady by his side for more than 60 years!. She looks so enthusiastic and happy in all the photos I see of her with him.

cherry-starr.jpg

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
As a kid I remember the old timers talking poetically about Bart and the legendary 60s Packer teams that were full of hard nose, bad ass players. Forrest Gregg, Jerry Kramer, Fuzzy Thurston, Jim Taylor, Paul Hornung, Ray Nitschke, Willie Wood, Willie Davis, Herb Adderly, etc.

Most of you who follow the NFL probably have heard of the Ice Bowl - the 1967 NFL Championship game between the Packers and Cowboys and is widely considered to be one of, if not the, most memorable NFL games of all time. It was -15 degrees at kickoff and -48 with the wind chill. Starr scored a touchdown on 3rd and goal with seconds remaining.

ice bowl.jpg

ice bowl 2.jpg

Of course I never got to see him play live but it was pretty cool the night Brett Favre's number was retired. The 82 year old braved the terrible weather conditions to make an appearance at halftime

bart starr and brett.jpg

RIP to a legendary football player and even more importantly, to an amazing man.

Shaneyusa

Established Member
Been my hero since I was very very young! Still a Packer fan and he started the fire. One fantastic player and even a better human being. I am sure he is on his way to the highest glory! He will be missed. Rest in Peace Bart Starr!

Last edited:

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
He was a class act and never had a bad word to say and was a great quarterback. The NFL could use more like him ! I'm sure he is with the Lord and smiling in His presence.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
As a kid I remember the old timers talking poetically about Bart and the legendary 60s Packer teams that were full of hard nose, bad ass players. Forrest Gregg, Jerry Kramer, Fuzzy Thurston, Jim Taylor, Paul Hornung, Ray Nitschke, Willie Wood, Willie Davis, Herb Adderly, etc.

Most of you who follow the NFL probably have heard of the Ice Bowl - the 1967 NFL Championship game between the Packers and Cowboys and is widely considered to be one of, if not the, most memorable NFL games of all time. It was -15 degrees at kickoff and -48 with the wind chill. Starr scored a touchdown on 3rd and goal with seconds remaining.

View attachment 1575937

View attachment 1575936

Of course I never got to see him play live but it was pretty cool the night Brett Favre's number was retired. The 82 year old braved the terrible weather conditions to make an appearance at halftime

View attachment 1575938

RIP to a legendary football player and even more importantly, to an amazing man.

I have the privilege of having watched the ice bowl. It was a nail biter right down to the last second.

nickf2005

Established Member
Goodbye to a legend.

My favorite jersey as players of today will come and go, but legends never die.

It was no Ice Bowl, but my first game was this past December. Boy, it was cold and I wouldn't have it any other way.
20181230_092108.jpeg
20181230_124214.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread