Rimac Concept One (All-Electric Hypercar)

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Did a search for "Rimac" and didn't find anything, so I apologize if this is a repost.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/videos/a30408/watch-rimacs-electric-hypercar-destroy-a-laferrari-with-ease/?mag=rdt&list=nl_rdt_news&src=nl&date=081916

[video=youtube;eT7KKxoAvvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT7KKxoAvvk[/video]

• Tons of power and torque. With four motors that have 1600 Nm of torque (1180 lb-ft) at basically zero RPM and well over 1000 hp, the Concept_One has enough torque and power to keep its tires busy even at high speeds.
  • Cooling. The Concept_One has seven independent cooling systems and several smaller sub-systems. We have worked really hard to maximize the performance for track use and not just for a couple of acceleration runs.
  • Gearbox. Each of the four motors is connected to an independent gearbox. While the front motors have single-ratio reduction gearboxes, each rear motor has its own two-speed dual-carbon-clutch gearbox. This helps us to have great acceleration while also having a very high top speed. Most importantly, it allows the Concept_One to accelerate very quickly even at high speeds.'

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I expected it to walk LF pretty hard out of the gate but I did not expect it to roll that hard.

LF is a 150 mph car.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
They might be fast, but electric cars will always be unamerican to our historical car traditions.....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can only imagine the sensation of going that fast in a silent car. There's the future!

Sn95Snake

Established Member
That thing is crazy fast, it is weird to watch a car be soooooo fast but make literally no noise at all.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like a boring future to me :(

You want loud or you want fast? The sound of the exhaust is, in fact, wasted energy not making you go fast; it is, literally, horsepower being dumped out the exhaust pipe that never even had a chance to make you go any faster. I like the roar of the exhaust, too, but don't forget what it actually is.

Users who are viewing this thread