RickSVT is turning the wrench

tscripa

I dropped my car off at Rick's today. Except for a JLT RAI and Borla catbacks and a MGW shifter, I have kept my car clean and stock to date. After consulting with Rick, we decided on the following strategy to get me a good safe foundation and put the performance in the range I want:

Suspension:
* MM FLSFCs
* MM caster & camber plates
* BF rear diff brace
* H&R conv sport springs with MM isolaters
* I'll do new tires, and possibly wheels, in the spring.
Engine:
* Stieg stage IV port w/ TB and plenium
* BF 2.76 upper
* BF 4 pc Idler set with snub bracket & pulley
* LFP extreme dual core HE
* MAFia
* KB BAP, with Rick's must have wiring kit
* TR6 plugs

Ordered a mail ordr tune from RWTD, using an SCT XCal2. Once we get this loaded up, we will refine on a dyno.

I will let you know where the numbers end up, but it is definitely peace of mind having a guy like Rick taking care of things.
Tony

tscripa

It has always been fun to drive but now it is a blast. The power keeps coming on strong and steady and the handling is much more solid with the subframes and the springs.

Once Rick got the car put back together, he loaded up a mail order tune I got from RWTD. I was able to get the car on the dyno yesterday and the tune was very safe with a really good a/f. The only issue I am having right now is some belt slip when I get above 5500 rpm. At that point I started losing boost and my tq really started to fall off. The hp was steadily climbing in a straight line up to that point as well so I need to get this under control to see how much peak power I really have after the mods. One thing I need to decide is if I will go from the 2.76 upper to a combo of 2.93 with a 2 lb lower. Not ready to spend the extra $$s on the lower right now though, and we will see if we can get a tighter belt on in the meantime.

Rick also did a great job, as expected, and I wouldn't trust anyone else. His perfectionist approach and excellent advice made this really easy - at last for me :) For anyone else who needs help, I strongly recommend Rick.

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
What belt did you put on the car? I have heard that a lot of people have luck with the goodyear gatorback belts with slipping. How about your numbers?

tscripa

We are currently running a Gates. Might try the Gatorback next. I was at 484 hp and 443 tq. The data file he gave me has the tq at 436 when I pull it up on WinPep for the same run. so I am not sure why this is a little lower than the printout I got.

During the session, we hooked up a boost gauge and once we crossed over 5500 rpm the boost started falling, then the tq and then the hp tailed off.

Tylerb59

Established Member
Great numbers with belt slip!

Very clean ride you have there, I love Redfire.

Sorry I couldn't stay and chat the other night, I had to be on my way.

4rdsvtdriver

Drive it like u stole it!
Established Member
SharkSlayer said:
We are currently running a Gates. Might try the Gatorback next. I was at 484 hp and 443 tq. The data file he gave me has the tq at 436 when I pull it up on WinPep for the same run. so I am not sure why this is a little lower than the printout I got.

During the session, we hooked up a boost gauge and once we crossed over 5500 rpm the boost started falling, then the tq and then the hp tailed off.

If you need a gatorback. Don't buy one. I've got one left over from my Cobra that I never used. Sold it before I put it on. I had a 2.76 BF upper on mine w/ the idlers. I believe it's a 74.5. I'll have to check. It's just sitting around. Let me know if you want it.

-Rob

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
Hey Sharkslayer. I saw your car before you picked it up. Very nice. I have an 03 Vert and live near Rick. I am glad you are having fun. I am about 6 months behind you on the pulley, heat exchanger and tune. Let us know when you get the belt slip fixed and what your final numbers are.

Users who are viewing this thread