Rick from Amazon in CA!! Dyno Day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Quik Z06 said:
Ok its official its happening Nov 18th, that has been confirmed by Amazon. No more if's and whens its NOV 18th in San Jose at Jeff S's Shop. So now we seriously need to get whos in and whos not. If your in, you need to make payments directly to Linn at Amazon with Credit Card or Check (make sure it gets there fast) Remember this is the $150 Tuner Fee (Mandatory) and $125 Tune Fee if your not a customer of theirs already. You can reach Linn at 1 864 332 0955 and tell her you want to pay for the Dyno Day in CA. I would leave your SN with her and she could possible call me or add it to the board as paid. If not once you pay you can call me, Pete at 209-607-6524 and let me know your paid for and I will add you. Remember we keep receipts for all of this (no scams) :) j/k...this should be fun. Once you have paid we will post on the thread that you have been paid in full, but remember if you need a SCT tuner ask Linn about it when your on the phone with her.

As for the rest of the payments...You pay cash at the dyno $80/hr for the time you use. And last we all split the travel expense that Rick incurs. Im trying to be as clear as possible, its a lot of info, but we still have some time to sort it out. Any questions feel free to call me or post. Thanks

Good post Pete. :thumbsup:
If any one has any questions you can PM Pete or me or post here.

Let's get those payments taken care of soon so we know for sure who will be getting tuned.

See you guys there.:thumbsup:

PS: There is no food or soda machine there. So if you want to eat or drink you need to bring your own.

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
Where is this shop in San Jose...anyone have an address?
I will be paying tomorrow...

Quik Z06

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
1170 Campbell Ave
San Jose 95126

Across front Santa Clara State University right off 880 Alameda exit
1150 is the shop that is visible from the street and 1170 is around back

There ya go Matt, Im paying Linn tomorrow too :)

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
There ya go Matt, Im paying Linn tomorrow too :)

Can't wait to drop the car off on thursday...I'll be callin billy tomorrow to go over last minute details...got a thick wad of cash for billy...lol

I'll let ya know after I pay Linn...woot woot

PS- where is Amazon Tuning located?

Last edited:

Jeff S

Established Member
mf150 said:
Where is this shop in San Jose...anyone have an address?
I will be paying tomorrow...

"1170 Campbell Ave
San Jose 95126

1150 is the shop that is visible from the street and 1170 is around back"

Quik Z06

Established Member
Matt...You wont be looking for Amazon Tuning...their in South Carolina :) You'll be looking for Jeff S's shop

Jeff S's Shop
"1170 Campbell Ave
San Jose 95126

1150 is the shop that is visible from the street and 1170 is around back"

Quik Z06

Established Member
Updates made...Those that paid are listed as so :) Lets get this list fully paid!!

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
1. Lightning Larry PAID#2
2. Quik Z06 ----PAID #1
3. Bluedot_26--- PAID #4
4. cobraboy169---PAID#5
5. mf150--PAID #8
6. Strungoutt
7. IveGotTheBlues
8. reserved
9. reserved
10. reserved
11. reserved
12. RixSikCobra
13. Kevin the Clean 1
14. tnkucan
15. sn8k---PAID #6
16.96svtmystic ----PAID#3
17. 20blackone00--PAID #7
18. billybuilt--PAID #9
19.billybuilt --PAID #10
Time slots let us know where you want to be on the tuning schedule..1st paid get to chose 1st

Saturday

9AM L.L. Will swap if someone needs this spot.

Sunday

Last edited:

Bullitt4110

Established Member
This sucks, it would be awsome to get the car tuned by Rick but I dont have the whipple on yet. I want to get the clutch in a then break it in before I put the whipple on. I will try to make it down there anyways to hang out, but I will try to get everything and broke in by then. If I do I would want to do this. Can I let you know as it gets closer?

Bullitt4110

Established Member
When will you be coming back? I must have missed it but how much is it? I already have a preadtor and am a tune custumer. I might be able to get it all on and be able to get down there, just waiting on some parts and working out the finances.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Let us know asap..

We would like to get these spots paid by this Friday if possible guys, that way everyone can rest assured.

IveGotTheBlues

Yes..That is me
Established Member
What is the final price we have to pay up front?

I understand that we have to pay per hour on the dyno.

So as an example.

We pay the tuner fee and for the tune. So thats $275. We pay that up front right?

Then amongst everyone that goes, we split the travel expenses along with dyno time. So that can be anywhere from 80-... Depending on the time the car is on the dyno..right?

I need this info specific because I have a lot of people to pitch this stuff to.

Also, are other cars able to come? Because I know a shitload of mustangs and GM cars that would want to be there as well. Input is appreciated, thanks!

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Let us know asap..

We would like to get these spots paid by this Friday if possible guys, that way everyone can rest assured.

I didn't get a chance to pay today...will pay tomorrow before 2 PM (PST). Is there a way that I could pay online tonight?

I am kinda committed for Saturday the 18th being that I work on weekends...I would like the slot after Lightning Larry if possible.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Ivegottheblues...I hope this helps, if not give me a call at 209-607-6524. Ok if you have a XCal or Predator already, and have never got a tune from Amazon the price you need to pay is $275. The dyno time is based on how long "your" car is on the dyno at $80/hr. Travel expenses will be divided by everyone that shows up. (Rough example) Let say it was $800 for plane and room for Rick, well only 8 of us show up, well we owe him $100 each.

I will call Linn tomorrow and find out what other vehicles can come and what tuners etc they need to bring assuming Amazon can tune them. I will have an answer in the mornning, but we need to get as many people paid as possible soon. Let me know when you pay and I'll add you.

Matt, dont worry, if need be I'll let you have my spot if you need to run, I wont be in too big a hurry. Let me know.

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Ivegottheblues...I hope this helps, if not give me a call at 209-607-6524. Ok if you have a XCal or Predator already, and have never got a tune from Amazon the price you need to pay is $275. The dyno time is based on how long "your" car is on the dyno at $80/hr. Travel expenses will be divided by everyone that shows up. (Rough example) Let say it was $800 for plane and room for Rick, well only 8 of us show up, well we owe him $100 each.

I will call Linn tomorrow and find out what other vehicles can come and what tuners etc they need to bring assuming Amazon can tune them. I will have an answer in the mornning, but we need to get as many people paid as possible soon. Let me know when you pay and I'll add you.

Matt, dont worry, if need be I'll let you have my spot if you need to run, I wont be in too big a hurry. Let me know.

Right on, pete...
as long as there is time on Sat, I will not be in a hurry either...
I'll pay the fee by tomorrow....

S2-Raw

Established Member
Are spots still open for this?

I would like tune my car as well however, I'm not exactly sure which one I need to buy. Preadator? SCT? XCAL?

Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread