Revan Racing 13-6...Just do it

1FASFKR

Established Member
Now that I feel very comfortable with my rearend mods, I'm getting closer to ordering this 13-6 kit with a new set of Michelins. Just having some anxiety about being excommunicated from the Ford warranty church...

Last edited:

David Neibert

Established Member
When you guys are talking about how much quicker the car feels after adding the 13-6 kit, are you just talking about the JLT intake, TB and tune, or did you overdrive the supercharger too ?

David

Van@RevanRacing

Instead of the JLT 127mm intake, I'm planning to use this textured plastic JLT intake pipe, Ford Racing 65mm TB with an upper pulley and Lund tune from Van. Curious what power gains would be with and without the upper pulley.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...r-delete)-now-shipping-Tex-blk-amp-Body-color

David

David

That's similar to a resonator delete. Throttle body with Tune usually about 30-40 RWHP. Upper Pulley adds about 10-15 RWHP on average.

Van

David Neibert

Established Member
David

That's similar to a resonator delete. Throttle body with Tune usually about 30-40 RWHP. Upper Pulley adds about 10-15 RWHP on average.

Van

Thanks for the quick response Van. So it sounds like I'd be giving up a lot of power using the resonator delete tube vs. the larger JLT intake. If I'm going to void the warranty I want to get the most bang for the buck. How much higher would the numbers be using the JLT intake instead of resonator delete tube ? What size is the CF JLT intake that comes with the 13-6 kit ?

David

Nevermind I found the answer to my questions earlier in this thread.

Every car is a little different. I've seen 675 to 700 with the upper pulley and the 13-5 / 13-6 kit. Also depends on heat and DA at the time.

Last edited:

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
Get the c/f JLT 127mm setup. while the res delete is ok and does work. the JLT intake makes the supercharger sound alone, so much better.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
My Box of power arrived today as Van said it would (Thanks Van) and I am hoping for a new car tonight. The CF Intake and TB are nice enough to just leave out as industrial art :-D

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
This may sounds stupid, but what the hell does 13-6 mean anyway?

Forget I posted that, I got it! and now I'm thinking about it!

Last edited:

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally new car just as I expected when I bought it but Ford really held back. This kit changes everything. Will admit I toasted the clutch a little at first and if you spend 30-40 minutes jumping all over it the engine does heat soak a bit. But holy crap the car is BEAST.

I have not even done a pulley yet, so when I get used to the new power there is still more to look forward to.

Van is the best (answered every question in under 45 seconds....really) and I thank him and all others here for this thread of encouragement. I have never modded any of my cars before but I feel really confident in the quality of the kit and the tune..........Steve

NELCO

Established Member
Hey guys, I would do Van's rear BMR suspension first with lowering springs of your choice to make the car go straight and then add the magic of Van's awesome 13-6 kit. I made 693 RHP with it. This kit kicks major ass... For you guys saying that the 13/14 Shelby GT500 is weak in power stock when you bought it. L O L My 550 HP lightning feels like a slug compared to my Shelby when it was stock and its like a pinto with Van's 13-6 kit.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Hey guys, I would do Van's rear BMR suspension first with lowering springs of your choice to make the car go straight and then add the magic of Van's awesome 13-6 kit. I made 693 RHP with it. This kit kicks major ass... For you guys saying that the 13/14 Shelby GT500 is weak in power stock when you bought it. L O L My 550 HP lightning feels like a slug compared to my Shelby when it was stock and its like a pinto with Van's 13-6 kit.

I think I got lucky in that my car really wants to go straight without any suspension upgrades. But, no doubt, I will be upgrading the suspension and once I am done roasting up the stock tires, upgrading those.......Steve

rodfarva

Established Member
I think I got lucky in that my car really wants to go straight without any suspension upgrades. But, no doubt, I will be upgrading the suspension and once I am done roasting up the stock tires, upgrading those.......Steve

It goes straight even with traction control and advanced track off?

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
It goes straight even with traction control and advanced track off?

Yes all off. I am really surprised how manageable the car is going straight. But it also could be that the tires tend to spin up really easy but once it hooks it tends to go dead forward. I rarely have to get out of the gas to save my ass. But I may also be pressing my luck since I know from experience how fast things can go bad with a car of this power

Last edited:

rancid

Established Member
Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally new car just as I expected when I bought it but Ford really held back. This kit changes everything. Will admit I toasted the clutch a little at first and if you spend 30-40 minutes jumping all over it the engine does heat soak a bit. But holy crap the car is BEAST.

I have not even done a pulley yet, so when I get used to the new power there is still more to look forward to.

Van is the best (answered every question in under 45 seconds....really) and I thank him and all others here for this thread of encouragement. I have never modded any of my cars before but I feel really confident in the quality of the kit and the tune..........Steve

Awesome Steve, glad you are finally happy with the car. It cracks me up when people dog the 13-14 Shelby and have no idea how much potential there is untapped.

OaktownACE

Established Member

Nelco, did you swap a pulley too? Or just the kit?

Users who are viewing this thread