Revan Racing 13-6...Just do it

rodfarva

Established Member
I've got to admit, that I was disappointed with the performance of my 2014 Shelby in its stock configuration. I guess that's because I've been comparing it to how my 2010 performed with the Whipple 2.9 when it was still a street car.

I cannot emphasize enough how amazed I am with the 13-6 kit from Revan Racing. Night vs.day difference in performance. Complete transformation. It feels like when I went from the stock Eaton to the Whipple 2.9 in my 2010.

And I've still got 1 7/8" American Racing headers and off-road H-pipe to install. And a 15% overdrive ATI balancer on the way.

carguy19

Established Member
I've got to admit, that I was disappointed with the performance of my 2014 Shelby in its stock configuration.

Thats not something you hear every day. Most are impressed with the 13-14 performance, but still want to mod their cars.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I can deff agree with op...my '12 once the vmp tvs was on had huge power difference. ..was deff faster than my current '14...hope to soon run a upper and tune to wake her up!!

Turbosixx

Established Member
I've been on the fence about modding my car. I've modded every single car I've ever owned so I know I'll eventually mod this one. My last car was very fast, and I remember thinking if it broke I'd dread having to fix the damn thing. Having said that I'm liking the warranty, but I must say the 662/638 is starting to bore me. I guess I'd have to drive a 13-6 car to see if it impresses me enough to void my warranty.

Van@RevanRacing

I've got to admit, that I was disappointed with the performance of my 2014 Shelby in its stock configuration. I guess that's because I've been comparing it to how my 2010 performed with the Whipple 2.9 when it was still a street car.

I cannot emphasize enough how amazed I am with the 13-6 kit from Revan Racing. Night vs.day difference in performance. Complete transformation. It feels like when I went from the stock Eaton to the Whipple 2.9 in my 2010.

And I've still got 1 7/8" American Racing headers and off-road H-pipe to install. And a 15% overdrive ATI balancer on the way.

Good thing we have an extra dose of horsepower and torque on deck! This HP junkie needs a bump!

Thanks for the write up rodfarva and enjoy the power!

Thanks

Van

DR~Z

Established Member
I agree with the op also. I was not impressed with the car stock either. I came from a 600hp sti. That seemed to pull harder. But the 13-6 kit really wakes it up.

aksvt

Established Member
Hmm, i guess im the odd man out. I race an 8sec car with well over 1100hp most weekends and i was fine with the stock power of my gt500. That being said, i still installed a 13-6 with 10% lol.

BIRDDOC

Established Member

+1 rodfarva. that 15% OD will up it "a lot" more buddy especially with headers. Can't wait to see your reaction after that!

Draiter

Established Member
Count me in. Put the kit on last year.... huge change in performance. Car is sooooo fast now, I think I may actually be travelling back in time a little...
Have an H-pipe on the way.

bklynpanman

Established Member
13-6 is a must. Car should come from the factory like this. 2 different cars with/without it. Can't wait to load the 100octane tune!

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

rodfarva

Established Member
Lund tune, Ford racing throttle body, JLT 127mm Big Air CAI

In summary, it is a box of awesome.

Last edited:

SteveWK

Established Member
I can vouch for the 13-6. It definitely adds that killer punch I thought was missing from the factory, and I'm not easily impressed :). I have since added ARH long tubes and a Griggs setup. The long tubes added even more zip and the Griggs rear end made it all worthwhile tractionwise. I can start from a stop, make a hard turn, lay into the throttle, and the car just goes. No unexpected rear end movement. It just jets off turns. The watts link and torque arm transformed the car. I highly recommend the Griggs rear end setup, and I think that should be your next mod.

Last edited:

RangerDLA

Established Member
Thanks Guys. The 13-6 Kit has been one of the top selling induction kits for the 13-14 GT500's since it's inception.

Enjoy the power!

Van, I am definitely going to be in the market for this kit soon, but like most, I am worried about reliability 30-40K miles down the road. DO you know of any failures or related issues with the tune or the related mods? Thanks!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been modded for 3k miles and everything has been solid, the worst I havery heard of is your clutch dies faster.

Users who are viewing this thread