Revan Racing 13-6...Just do it

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Van, I'm gonna have my local mechanic do the spark plugs. Real Speed will be doing the pulley when they get an opening. What are the torque specs on the spark plugs? Just wanna make sure it's done right, I don't want any mistakes on something as simple as spark plugs. Not that I think they will make a mistake, just better safe than sorry.

Van@RevanRacing

Van, I'm gonna have my local mechanic do the spark plugs. Real Speed will be doing the pulley when they get an opening. What are the torque specs on the spark plugs? Just wanna make sure it's done right, I don't want any mistakes on something as simple as spark plugs. Not that I think they will make a mistake, just better safe than sorry.

View attachment 2013-14 GT500 Spark Plugs.pdf

18 Nm (159 lb-in) (13 ft-lb)

I usually just go "Goodentight"

jasong712

Established Member
Here ya go.

View attachment 40367

Van

I'm also happy to report that the 13-6 Kit is back but now it features JLT's new HYDRO CARBON Cold Air Intake. JLT discontinued Carbon Fiber Cold Air Kits a few months ago and we've been waiting for these to come in. They are in stock and part of the 13-6 Kit!

LOL are you serious?? I just ordered mine last week. :(

I will get it hydro dipped locally no biggie

This kit is insane though! I love the power the car has now!

little-dw

Established Member

I was thinking the same when I ordered mine the other week. I was all about the carbon look. but after putting the black plastic on, I really dont care too much for the carbon now as nothing else is carbon under my hood. the black matches things quite nice. I have the SGM with black stripes so everything is flowing quite well. the only things that stand out right now are the gates blue racing belts for the super charger and accessory belt, which i love.

going to take it to the dyno later today :) kind of anxious to see what she does. im kind of hoping for 650rwhp or more

Van@RevanRacing

The new Hydro Carbon CAI's came in much sooner than I anticipated. Great to hear you're happy with the POWER! Thanks again.

I was thinking the same when I ordered mine the other week. I was all about the carbon look. but after putting the black plastic on, I really dont care too much for the carbon now as nothing else is carbon under my hood. the black matches things quite nice. I have the SGM with black stripes so everything is flowing quite well. the only things that stand out right now are the gates blue racing belts for the super charger and accessory belt, which i love.

going to take it to the dyno later today :) kind of anxious to see what she does. im kind of hoping for 650rwhp or more

Just remember to let the car cool down big time and like I've mentioned previously. Use your X4 and data log the car. Just like going to the doctor and getting and EKG done. What good is it if they don't have any data to look at and review??

Have fun and I'm hoping you put down more than 650 RWHP 675-690 would be good for your set up.

Van

little-dw

Established Member
Just remember to let the car cool down big time and like I've mentioned previously. Use your X4 and data log the car. Just like going to the doctor and getting and EKG done. What good is it if they don't have any data to look at and review??
Have fun and I'm hoping you put down more than 650 RWHP 675-690 would be good for your set up.

Van

question or list of what parameters I should datalog? I'm creating my configuration file now and not exactly sure what to datalog.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
question or list of what parameters I should datalog? I'm creating my configuration file now and not exactly sure what to datalog.

Get the log file from Van or Lund.
Lund did mine in person at the track, def. things in there I wasn't picking.
Basically...leave that to the pros :)
Van you'll be getting a call soon too, you're still my guy for Shelby parts, too many side projects ;-)
-J

David Neibert

Established Member
I'm also happy to report that the 13-6 Kit is back but now it features JLT's new HYDRO CARBON Cold Air Intake. JLT discontinued Carbon Fiber Cold Air Kits a few months ago and we've been waiting for these to come in. They are in stock and part of the 13-6 Kit!

Van,

Is this an actual photo of the 123mm plastic hydrocarbon intake or is it the previous 127mm carbon fiber intake. Asking because I don't see the JLT logo that was cast into the 123mm plastic pipe.

dfef75c7b39f5035dc9993b77918e472.image.750x499__96244.1405360215.1280.1280.JPG

This picture of the 123mm plastic intake and air box don't really look the same, and I just wanted to be sure what I was getting before placing the order.

jlt_big_air_intake__66364__72669.1405361443.1280.1280.JPG

David Neibert

Established Member

Can you please post or PM me a picture of the installed 13-5 intake kit...still can't decide if I like the black plastic or hydrocarbon.

Thanks, David

PS: Does it look like this ?

updated%20GT500%2013%20shield_01.JPG

Last edited:

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Just finished installed the throttle body, spark plugs and intake. I'm uploading the tune now. I hope I did good. I had a hell of a time with fitment of the JLT Carbon Fiber intake. Getting that red filter on was such a pain in the ass.

On a side note, I need some help. When I was starting, I went to disconnect the positive terminal on the battery and lost that weird wedge half a square thing that was in place to hold the terminal on. I can't find it anywhere. Where can I order another one of those?

jasong712

Established Member

I'd love to know. Keep us informed

David Neibert

Established Member
My 13-5 kit arrived yesterday. Plan to install it next week after returning from Carlisle All Ford Natls.

Any tricks or tips I need to know, for changing the plugs and throttle body ?

David

little-dw

Established Member
My 13-5 kit arrived yesterday. Plan to install it next week after returning from Carlisle All Ford Natls.

Any tricks or tips I need to know, for changing the plugs and throttle body ?

David

- gap the plugs at .028 (assuming they're tr7ix plugs)
- don't over tighten the bolts for the throttlebody ... another user was swapping back to stock and the bolt snapped when he went to tighten them up
- wouldn't be a bad idea to wipe down any oil you see in the elbow after you remove the throttle body (if you have any). I had a small film of oil in there because i did not know about the catch cans til after 5000 miles

other than that, should be painless.

David Neibert

Established Member
- gap the plugs at .028 (assuming they're tr7ix plugs)
- don't over tighten the bolts for the throttlebody ... another user was swapping back to stock and the bolt snapped when he went to tighten them up
- wouldn't be a bad idea to wipe down any oil you see in the elbow after you remove the throttle body (if you have any). I had a small film of oil in there because i did not know about the catch cans til after 5000 miles

other than that, should be painless.

Thanks. So how did your car do on the dyno ?

David

Van@RevanRacing

Just wanted to say thanks to all my customers out there that have the 13-5 and 13-6 kits. Still a number one selling kit at Revan Racing. Thanks again for all of the business guys!

Users who are viewing this thread