Return style fuel set up

blwn89gt

Established Member
Looking for pictures of anyone who did a return style kit on their car but plumbed it with the regulator after the rails. Currently my car is a dead head set up feeding the passenger rail and crossing over to the driver rail, and I’m looking to switch it so that I feed both rails and return out the back to the regulator.

I don’t want to debate on what’s better, my tuner prefers not to dead head the system and I’m looking to get ideas on how any of you guys maybe ran the lines. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

e.nibo

one way....

Attachments

• RETURN STYLE FUEL SYSTEM DIAGRAM.jpg
    RETURN STYLE FUEL SYSTEM DIAGRAM.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 69

blwn89gt

Established Member
So that’s exactly what I was drawing up, except I have the rails fed at the front so I was gonna just add an additional feed line off a 180 at the driver side rail front, and return off the back and my regulator is mounted in the passenger wheel well already.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
For my buddies car we have the feed live going to the front of the passenger rail, crossover behind the blower, and a 150 degree fitting on the end of the driver side rail. We ran the line from the drivers rail under the coolant crossover to the regulator mounted under the CAI. We drilled a hole to feed the return line through to the tank from the regulator. Overall it's pretty clean and he made mid 700's on E85.

Food for thought.

blwn89gt

Established Member
For my buddies car we have the feed live going to the front of the passenger rail, crossover behind the blower, and a 150 degree fitting on the end of the driver side rail. We ran the line from the drivers rail under the coolant crossover to the regulator mounted under the CAI. We drilled a hole to feed the return line through to the tank from the regulator. Overall it's pretty clean and he made mid 700's on E85.

Food for thought.

I think my tuner was looking to have both rails fed instead of feeding one into the other. I’ll have to double check.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I wanted to feed the rails from the rear on mine, but the way the blower sits it was just too tight.

blwn89gt

Established Member
I wanted to feed the rails from the rear on mine, but the way the blower sits it was just too tight.

Right now I have the rails fed from the front passenger rail on a 180. I was gonna just do a 180 off the front drive rail into the fender well to a Y block and do two return lines off the back of each rails

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I pretty much built my return pass-thru system myself. I bought a roll of -10 and -8 line, and a bunch of fittings from Summit.

I went -10 from the tank up the pass side of the car, then to a y-block with two -8 lines going to the rear of the fuel rails, then 180° fittings from the front of the rails to a regulator mounted on my valve cover, then -8 down the drivers side of the car back to the tank.
54087753-B876-42E2-B928-DDFEED0E70DA-36075-00001BEA21E62AFE.jpeg

blwn89gt

Established Member
Maybe I’ll just feed the rear and return from the front. The line I have now feeding the rails I can easily just make it a return line. I’ll just make two new feed lines that I’ll connect to a Y block off my current supply. Then do another 180 off the driver side around the back to the regulator

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did your tuner say why he wants you to switch? Not trying to start anything. Just curious.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Did your tuner say why he wants you to switch? Not trying to start anything. Just curious.

Basically he said he’s not a fan of the dead head set up and he’d rather see me feed both rails and return to the regulator. Personally I set the car up with the system as it is now from an aesthetic standpoint because to me it’s looks cleaner.

For me I have some line and fittings still so I just need a Y block, a couple more fittings and just some time to run it so it’s not gonna kill me.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I removed all the EGR stuff so I have room behind the blower, I feed the rear of both rails dead head style. -10 feed to the regulator, -10 to dual -8’s y block, then into the rear of each rail. I tried feeding the rails with a -10 but the 90 degree fittings were too big and interfered with the bypass on my blower, so went with -8’s. -8 return line. Clean, simple and works. Making over 800 on E85 this way.

olympic

Established Member
My fuel system is still returnless but here's how I plumbed the rear of both rails. The fitting on the right is a 3 way with 2 male -8's and a female -8. You can probably do something similar at the front and have a single return line back to the regulator. Y blocks a big and bulky so I'd avoid them if possible.

20190513_222218.jpg

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I run a dead head setup.

1. Tank feed to regulator.
2. Regulator back to tank.
3. 1 feed from regulator to Y-block.
4. Y-block to the front of each rail.

My data logs, cold start, hot start, and fuel temps are all great. No idea why someone would be against a dead head setup.

03' White Snake

Established Member
My fuel system is still returnless but here's how I plumbed the rear of both rails. The fitting on the right is a 3 way with 2 male -8's and a female -8. You can probably do something similar at the front and have a single return line back to the regulator. Y blocks a big and bulky so I'd avoid them if possible.

View attachment 1823234

Not all y blocks are big….. compact ones cost more. Here is mine.

IMG_6892.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread